Innovv C3 with Remote Lens. With exchangable Wide and Narrow FOV lens

3 weeks is good.
A lot of bikers who want a black box type cam too.
I will go for the battery version, capacitor is too limited. With the battery, you can have the cam wired into the bikes wiring, but also have a spare lens to be able to use it as a helmet cam, or an off the bike cam also, and just have the body of the cam in your pocket powered by it's battery. Can't do that with a cap. I don't live in a hot country so exploding batteries are not an issue for me. In fact, before I joined this forum, I'd never heard of exploding batteries (unless abused) and I've been using devices with rechargable batteries in them for a long, long, long, long time (I am quite old :))

Frank

Battery problem is something that is a problem from putting it up in the window in the hot sun, most battery applications don't get exposed to this type of environment constantly like a dashcam does

Battery problem is something that is a problem from putting it up in the window in the hot sun, most battery applications don't get exposed to this type of environment constantly like a dashcam does
i had my C2 in my window the other day, and it got so hot, for some reason all of the buttons couldnt be pressed. my assumption was that the pieces underneath were so hot they expanded and the buttons were flush against it. after i cooled it down the buttons clicked down fine again.

the metal body gets SUPER hot. but working as a delivery driver right now its too inconvenient for me to always take it down since i get in and out of my car 30-50 times a day.

I love these innovv cameras, but if i were to design my own C4 or something, i would get rid of normal recording, and have that switch to parking mode instead. also i would have a material that doesnt get so hot, with some vents. but all of these wishes of mine would be for strictly a dash cam, as opposed to an action cam with dash cam features. oh and obviously i would prefer a capacitor but it would be really cool to have a battery and capacitor easily swappable without unscrewing anything.

I will go for the battery version, capacitor is too limited. With the battery, you can have the cam wired into the bikes wiring, but also have a spare lens to be able to use it as a helmet cam, or an off the bike cam also, and just have the body of the cam in your pocket powered by it's battery. Can't do that with a cap. I don't live in a hot country so exploding batteries are not an issue for me. In fact, before I joined this forum, I'd never heard of exploding batteries (unless abused) and I've been using devices with rechargable batteries in them for a long, long, long, long time (I am quite old :)) Frank
One can always use a remote battery for such moments. 10,000mah on ebay for about a tenner.

I've literally "smoked" a few Lithium batteries here in Spain. Even in the shade - inside car temps can easily hit 50ºC at the moment - leave it in the sun with the glass exposed - I've seen 80ºC. Dashes curl/melt - Loctite degrades - batteries die.

the metal body gets SUPER hot. but working as a delivery driver right now its too inconvenient for me to always take it down since i get in and out of my car 30-50 times a day.
Find a PC repair guy - get the heatsink for a CPU and use thermal sticky stuff. If you can get the heatsink near an a/c outlet - better still.

One can always use a remote battery for such moments. 10,000mah on ebay for about a tenner.
Why carry two things to do the job of one?

I've literally "smoked" a few Lithium batteries here in Spain. Even in the shade - inside car temps can easily hit 50ºC at the moment - leave it in the sun with the glass exposed - I've seen 80ºC. Dashes curl/melt - Loctite degrades - batteries die.

We don't get your high temperatures here in the UK and on a bike it should be tucked away out of the sun anyway. I appreciate your point of view and accept that where you live a cap might be better, but for me, here, a battery is a better solution.

Frank

What I hear from this is maybe another product feature request. Maybe Innovv can make one version of the C3 to be cap-battery interchangable. I like to get both anyway since I will probably leave he cap-version on bike and another battery version in my jacket for helmet/snow/water sports.

What I hear from this is maybe another product feature request. Maybe Innovv can make one version of the C3 to be cap-battery interchangable. I like to get both anyway since I will probably leave he cap-version on bike and another battery version in my jacket for helmet/snow/water sports.

I was thinking about to make the exchangeable battery structure during development.
Gave this idea up because nowadays the battery pack is so common, if battery inside camera run up, People can connect battery pack to camera and power it up.
Power pack can be large enough to support hours your need, but the interchangeable battery only can be 700mA, only support 110 min Max.

Wow I'm very happy to see that it will be possible to buy the camera without the battery! I don't need the battery because this is my dash cam, permanently installed! I need it to work 24/7 and it's already hardwired.
It's great to see there's no battery because the battery causes me 2 problems:
1. The battery heats up and I don't need the extra heat! I think my C2 failed because of heat.
2. In very hot weather, the battery expands/inflates and pushes against the board, which in turns pushes the buttons really hard against the case. This leads to "stuck buttons".

So I see many improvements: I can hide the camera away from direct sunlight in my car to avoid overheating. No battery means no heat! Only the lens will be visible, reducing risk of break-in.

Yes, C3 has capcitor and battery two versions for different needs.

The first release will be battery version.

Yes, C3 has capcitor and battery two versions for different needs. The first release will be battery version.
Can you give us an idea when a capacitor model might appear? A capacitor and external battery for off-bike recording would be my choice.

Can you give us an idea when a capacitor model might appear? A capacitor and external battery for off-bike recording would be my choice.

As the limited force, we need the focus, battery version first.

If you need that capacitor and external battery version, we can make one for you in advance.

Just remind me for your need after battery version is released.

If you need that capacitor and external battery version, we can make one for you in advance.
And that is called OUTSTANDING service.
I will be patient - well I will try VERY VERY HARD to be patient anyway.

Good to know. Do you have rough timing on when C3 will be released in US? Hoping to get it before the snow season starts.

Just FYI, there's a TON of interest in this product when I talk to people. I personally would get 3...

Selling private stock anytime soon? ;-)

Last edited:
Just FYI, there's a TON of interest in this product when I talk to people. I personally would get 3...

Selling private stock anytime soon? ;-)

It could not be so soon. :)

Niko reminds me again and again that no rush, but quick.
Need more testings on camera before releasing.
And we are doing accordingly.

It could not be so soon. :)

Niko reminds me again and again that no rush, but quick.
Need more testings on camera before releasing.
And we are doing accordingly.

yeah, I believe it is best now to spend more time in fully developing / testing a product than later regretting issues caused by "errors, bugs" etc.
I think potential buyers don't mind to wait a little bit.

yeah, I believe it is best now to spend more time in fully developing / testing a product than later regretting issues caused by "errors, bugs" etc.
I think potential buyers don't mind to wait a little bit.

Yes, we do keep testing on C3.
The testing period is a bit longer than what we expected.

I should admit that @willy510 is an enthusiastic motorcyclist also he has solid experience and rich knowledge on product and testing.
He has C3, Like Niko, He is doing good job and give his very valuable feedback base on his practice.

I took the C3 out today after putting a temporary mount on my helmet. From initial impressions I think that this camera will be a winner :)

Here a couple of videos, remember to select the HD option if you have the bandwidth. The footage is clearer than shows on YouTube due to the compression.
Early morning with overcast and fog , saturation set to high
Bright sunny afternoon, saturation set to high

I'll be trying out all of the other mounts and some Ram mounts in different locations on my motorcycles and mounting the cameras on several different rifles to test them out.
Stay tuned for updates :cool:

Niko helps us to test dashcam functions, He is doing great job.
But how the C3 works as motorcycle camera? we do not have much experience.
We need someone to test it and tell us what is good and what need to improve.

Not only rich knowledge in product, solid experience in motorcycle ridding, more than that, the testing people should has passion, and happy to support.

I should say, @willy510 is right person, and I am very happy to get him contacted.

Back