Innovv C3 with Remote Lens. With exchangable Wide and Narrow FOV lens

before i make a stupid comment.

is the camera hardwired to the cable? or is there a hdmi port/plug under the back bubble case bit of the camera?
Which bit are you calling the camera? the lens is remote, on a cable which plugs into the camera via a HDMI plug & socket. There will be a choice of cable lengths.

Frank

From reading through the posts I get the impression that this cam is not yet avaialble but I found it on ebay..........

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390890676314Is this the same camera or a knock off?

They are listed on here and Techmoan as sellers of the first cameras - possibly just an early listing?

reverendost: 83477 said:
They are listed on here and Techmoan as sellers of the first cameras - possibly just an early listing?

C3 has not been released, no one has camera to sell at this moment.

I like it, you won't even need a mount to the windshield ....it is like a body cam..while you are driving just plug in power.. you record what you see..with extra battery pack..you can walk and record for 4 hours.

I can see the versatility of C3.

Great development..Rock..

From reading through the posts I get the impression that this cam is not yet avaialble but I found it on ebay..........

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390890676314Is this the same camera or a knock off?

From what I see I wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole. Take a look at 'what's in the box'. I think anyone ordering this will get a cloned camera body and some cables, holder and head mount. Stay away from this!

Here are few short night video footage with C3 as rear camera.
Any camera in rear is recording at night much darker than if it would be in front ... or course because of front headlights ; )
Also, all depends on how good is surrounding lights ( street-lights, billboards, etc ). If you drive in city-centre, then video will be better than you see from my tests.
Numberplates can be red at night up to 6-8 metres away, which is enough to record "offender".

In my test video you see wrong time and date. I forgot to set correct one.

In picture no.4 you may see "halo ring", - this appears some time depending on the angle of streetlights vs C3 camera.

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

a5.jpg

a6.jpg

I'm guessing you don't have the rear privacy glass in your car mate? It looks good though :)

I'm guessing you don't have the rear privacy glass in your car mate? It looks good though :)

I have so called "privacy", and camera mounted behind it, but not tinted glass if you meant that.
Yes, i do like privacy, but because of tinted glass rear camera recording will be effected, I never tinted rear window or rear side doors. I bough from UK custom fit UV CAR SHADES set.

The image quality looks great. At that kind of low light level I think c3 has done a great job. My gopro 3 would probably perform on par.

Interestingly, not sure if is it sth wrong with my eye or what, whether I am watching daylight videos or nightime videos, whether it is raw or youtube, for some reason I feel like the actual frames per second is not quite close to 30 fps. Image quality is still great that if you freeze the video you can clearly see everything, but putting them into a video I am not sure if I am seeing full 30fps there, in another word when I start at them a little longer I feel like I am missing couple frames each second, or not as smooth as gopro videos per se. I have seen that from Niko's videos, Willy's videos, as well as those raw videos from innovv website.

For example, this random G1W video that someone uploaded to youtube looks smooth to me

This is not a concern or anything. If the video stays like this it will still serve perfectly for dashcam purpose but if I like to use it for action sports I may need to thin twice.

1225471607cedafb930b655b6.jpg

Don't worry about video quality, it is true 30fps.

Checking on raw video clips and see the video property, you will see what its.

You also can see from C1, C2, people are impressed the video quality from such small camera.

Once you have C3 on hand, you will do same

Last edited:
This is how C3 looks mounted in my car as a rear camera ( Dashcam ).
I did some quick DIY in order to slide in under ceiling upholstery.
Video cable is routed also quickly. For more professional install all cables can be fully hidden. For test purpose I routed cable as shown in pictures.

Innovv C3 Rear (1).jpg

Innovv C3 Rear (2).jpg

Innovv C3 Rear (3).jpg

Innovv C3 Rear (4).jpg

If windows are not tinted, then Rear C3 can be seen from the outside for Van ( mini-bus ), SUV, etc. vehicles drivers which are higher than standard sedan car. ( pics below )

Innovv C3 Rear (5).jpg

If driver behind you have standard sedan car, then from his sight of view ( vision ) C3 blends in with rearview mirror and is hard to see it. ( pics below )

Innovv C3 Rear (6).jpg

Instead of tinted glass I bought UV CAR SHADES

Innovv C3 Rear (7).jpg

UV Car Shades allow to drive with open windows in summer, but at same time protects from direct wind and sun ;)

Innovv C3 Rear (8).jpg

UV Car Shades allow to install rear dashcam the way that camera will be behind ( or on top ) shades, - this way can record clearly.
Below you see my quick install. Not 100% perfect, still little gap can be seen on the top where C3 mounted. I just need to do some DIY for rear UC Shades mountfixing and also to move C3 sligthly more to the glass ( also maybe to do new DIY low profile bracket ), so shades will cover full rear windows. Without camera those shades cover rear window 100% perfectly due to being custom fit.

Innovv C3 Rear (9).jpg

That looks great - @RockThinking any plans for a C4 with one controller unit that could control two remote lenses? That could be a winner if that's possible for a lot of people.

The night footage is great though - I wish I didn't have the privacy glass as that's such a pain for getting an image through at night - those shades are a great idea!

Very interesting product!

@niko, Thank you for hard work and good presentation, that always time consumption.
I believe you get respected not only from me, also from people, who are happy with your professional output always.

@niko, Thank you for hard work and good presentation, that always time consumption.
I believe you get respected not only from me, also from people, who are happy with your professional output always.

Yes, thanks @niko, splendid presentation. I am already visualising different setups in my car, and there are many. Can't wait to get this.

BTW there is a nicely done advertisement for the Innovv C3 here
which is sure to pique interest.

This is how C3 looks mounted in my car as a rear camera ( Dashcam ).
Instead of tinted glass I bought UV CAR SHADES
Well a couple of things apart from a nice neat job, Niko.

Thanks for the link to those shades. They are EXACTLY what I need for the Land Rover - Breeze with no wasps.

For Bikers thinking about mounting PERMANENTLY. this is a possible solution.

These Roadhawk bullet cams are 22mmO/D and 78mm long. Get some nice 22mm (7/8") cushion tube clamps.
DSCF0002.JPG

DSCF0003.JPG

Two different types of mount there.
The silvery bit on the top camera lens is a "shade" - it's near a lamp and was getting odd exposure results.
Fitted to one side of the front forks.
The bottom one is fixed under a top case.
With the shorter C3 lens bodies it will be VERY tidy.

Now I think you may get an idea where I intend to fit C3's as and when they're all debugged.
Capacitors and Hard-wire kit obviously. Patience - "Om mani padme hum".

Still not quite decided where and how to mount the recorder bit of the C3's (2 - at least). Maybe in the Top Case.

@RockThinking

The HDMI cable - is the 1.5m limit a finite one - or could one use an extender?

No panic - just trying to think ahead about placement issues on this.
Triumph-Rocket.JPG

Back