Install in Kia Cee'd SW / Estate

The beta firmware we are testing now has independent EV controls for front and back. It should be made available soon for public testing

Reactions: TNT
Tomorrow I will get daytime, have to get shots into wrists for carpel tunnel :(
i had a cortisone shot in my right wrist... hurt like hell the first 2 days and didn't fix the pain i was having. after that they did a nerve conductivity test and found that i apparently do NOT have carpal tunnel.

that said, i switched to using this mouse (i'm in IT so i'm on my computer all day) and now my wrist has hardly any problems. in fact when i have to use a "flat" regular mouse or a laptop trackpad, my wrist starts cramping within just a few minutes.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00BIFNTMC
2x AAA batteries lasts me several months.

sorry for the thread-jack but felt the need to help a fellow wrist-pain sufferer.

I had the EMG first and it was confirmed that I do have carpal tunnel, worse in right wrist (I'm a righty). I have gotten the steroid injections in both Monday, and my left wrist still becomes sore after a few hours on the computer, BTW, I'm a PHP web app developer/coder/designer. I spend about 12 hours a day, 7 days a week in front of a computer. (that's not all time spent working thank god). Been doing this on and off since 97/98.
I tried one of those shaped mice, I couldn't get used to it. If you were to have your hand on it for the majority of the time, then I could see it being a great help, but when moving back and fourth to the keyboard hundreds of times a day, its too cumbersome for me. I have the raised pads for both keyboard and mouse, but it seems it was an addition too late. Both of my hands can go numb at any time. Coding, sleeping, driving (not fun this one), eating, etc. The only lucky part is that never has both gone numb at the same time. After 2 weeks, if I have either hand go numb even once, doctor said the treatment didn't work and it will then be surgery time.

Not fun. :(

I'm a sysadmin at an international law firm, but my first IT job was in 95. And being the good geek that I am, I've been using computers since before mice were common. I'll admit it's annoying to go back and forth between the KB and mouse, abs more than once I've accidentally knocked the mouse over or off my desk because it's so tall. It's worth it for me though.

Good luck. I've seen great transformations after friends have had the surgery. Most wished they'd had it done sooner.

As we await the first FW update and the hard-wire kit, I now ask, what would be a nice, inexpensive cams with parking mode I can use for the sides? I now have a total of 7 noticeable dents in the sides of my vehicle and would like to start capturing these idiots.

I found the thread pertaining to my question in the General forum.

Last edited:
looks good

I have a similar setup in my car with the tailgate but what I did was notch the plastic trim and recess the camera, about half of the camera is up inside the trim

View attachment 34737
I'd love to do something like this on mine, but I'm not gonna mess about with a lease car :/

I figured if I really want to put it back to standard I'd just replace the top trim piece, I'd more likely just leave the camera in it though

Was on vacation this week to the Lower Tatra's. Tooth decided to give me troubles so I had to drive over the mountain to the nearest emergency Dentist. 70 minute drive. On the return trip the clouds made it slow going at the top. The video does not show how bad it was. We could only see a little over 3 meters (10 feet) in front of the car. The camera however did an awesome job cutting right through it.
At 1:45 we are at the highest point in this crossing. Certovica. Between Zelina and Banska Bystrica Regions.

YouTube does not do justice to the quality.

Last edited:
Driving through simultaneous Snow/Fog/Clouds is never easy or fun. I live around the Lake Tahoe Nevada area (Sierra mountains) and I've had my fair shre of slow drives to get over the summit in those types of conditions.

IMG_20180709_210856.jpg
IMG_20180709_210008.jpg
IMG_20180709_210653.jpg
IMG_20180709_210018.jpg
IMG_20180709_210708.jpg

Mini ATO for 2008 Kia Ceed

I am ordering the HW kit on Thursday or Friday. Will add photos once installed.

Just after receiving the HW kit (about 10 weeks ago) I saw many having issues with parking mode so I decided just to wait it out until @jokiin and team figure it out. Seems like they have most of the issues ironed out.
While they were doing this, we decided that its time to part ways with our 10 year old Kia (will be put up for sale soon). A few weeks ago we decided to buy new. Our first new vehicle. Never owned a new one, always bought used. So after playing with 8 manufactures configurators and visiting the top 5 choices, we ended up with a new Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross.

mitsubishi-eclips-cross-4.jpg

It is scheduled to arrive in a few days, so soon I will be moving the camera.
@niko : I do not know if it has the same fuses so will let you know if i need different ends.

I will document the installation even greater than I did with the Kia (I hope). I may end up visiting the dealer for assistance. I do not want to damage anything.

Just after receiving the HW kit (about 10 weeks ago) I saw many having issues with parking mode so I decided just to wait it out until @jokiin and team figure it out. Seems like they have most of the issues ironed out.
While they were doing this, we decided that its time to part ways with our 10 year old Kia (will be put up for sale soon). A few weeks ago we decided to buy new. Our first new vehicle. Never owned a new one, always bought used. So after playing with 8 manufactures configurators and visiting the top 5 choices, we ended up with a new Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross.

mitsubishi-eclips-cross-4.jpg

It is scheduled to arrive in a few days, so soon I will be moving the camera.
@niko : I do not know if it has the same fuses so will let you know if i need different ends.

I will document the installation even greater than I did with the Kia (I hope). I may end up visiting the dealer for assistance. I do not want to damage anything.
That looks about as much like an eclipse as I expect the new Ford "mustang inspired" suv that they announced a few weeks ago will look like a mustang...
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.au...electric-suvs-very-mustang-like-rear-end/amp/

Any suggestions on how to remove the 3M tape from the windows and brackets? I will be moving the DC to the new vehicle but I do not want to mess up the black dotted area where I currently have it mounted and on the heat line on rear window. See photos in first posts.

This video may help.

Any suggestions on how to remove the 3M tape from the windows and brackets? I will be moving the DC to the new vehicle but I do not want to mess up the black dotted area where I currently have it mounted and on the heat line on rear window. See photos in first posts.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Thank you Niko. I was thinking it was going to be much harder. I will report back tomorrow when I complete the removal.

A few days ago i removed some 2 sided tape i used to stick a home made inner fender on a RC car body, it had come loose from the painted body, but the tape was damn hard to get off the 1 mm ALU.
Actually i lost skin on 2 fingers, something i have never tried with the 2 sided tape used for dashcams.

I ended up using dental floss like a saw. Wrapped the ends on small dowels. Started with my fingers but that hurt too much. Thought I was going to lose a finger if I kept up.
For removing the remaining from the brackets, I used WD-40 and rubbed with a paper towel. I havn't tried on the glass yet but should be just as easy.

Next question. Where are you all putting the warning stickers? The audio recording ones and the SG one.

Back