Installer Recommendations in NYC area

zontik

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,

Can anyone refer me to a good installer in the NYC area? Willing to go to NJ as well.

A car audio shop should be able to do a good install, even of a dualchannel camera in 1 hour.
Should be a walk in the park for such guys.

Off course i dont know anybody in your area as i am thousands of miles to the east of you.

What are you trying to do specifically? Many people with no experience can put their dash cams in and do their own hard wires. If you don't want to do it, go to any shop that does electrical work on vehicles.

It's a pretty easy DIY but if you don't want to try both the above types of shops can do the job well.

Phil

I did in this way and it took me less than 10 minute the first time.

I did in this way and it took me less than 10 minute the first time.

Janky. Someone asking for a professional installation probably has higher standards than that.

How much should a professional install cost? Im still contemplating between a Mobius and a SGZC12RC. Would installation prices differ between them?

Not much i think, the sticking camera to windscreen is the same, what will take the longest is routing wire around windscreen, and thats also the same you have to do for both cameras.

Ar you going for a hardwire to the fuse box, or do you just go for a normal install using the cigarette lighter on the dash ?

No matter what i still think it should be done in 1 hour or less, i can do a install in my little Suzuki in under 30 minutes, and that include ripping off the plastic trim on the A- pillars and tucking wire out of sight really good.
And when i tapped into my fuse box for a expanded power grid in my boot it did take me 20 minutes or so, but only cuz i had to try out 4-5 fuses before i found one that was not live all the time.
And not least the location in the foot well where my fuse box is and the fact my back is no longer the most flexible and pain free back, and off course i did this along the curb at my friends house.
And then routing the + wire out back to the boot was pretty easy as i did so along the floor and down there i have more cheap plastic trim to push/route the wire under, and then i got the 12 V minus/ground from one of the bolts holding the rear seat in place.

Too bad there is a ocean between us or i would do it for you for a ice cold can / bottle of Coke :)

PS: If you go for the cheap mobius make sure it come with a stick on mount, cuz it may also come with a suction cup mount and even without a mount at all.

If you can i would go for the SGZC12RC it do have better low light recordings than the mobius, and like the mobius you can always put it in another window if you upgrade your front camera down the line.

I'm mostly concerned about using it in 'park mode' and I want the viewing angle to be facing the driver side view mirror. I'm not sure what the best mounting strategy would be. With the mobius, it seems that I can mount it on the windscreen via suction cup mount and just twist the angle to be facing any direction I choose. With the SGZC12RC, I'm having one of the forum members 'Shep' - print out a mount for me to be used on my window.

I have a Smart Fortwo.

There is a vandal walking around my block doing this to cars. I've reported him to the police 3 times now, and they can't seem to catch him! My side view driver side mirror has been broken like 5 times now.... I keep gluing it back together.

(The car in the photo was parked right next to mine)

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-4.jpg
    FullSizeRender-4.jpg
    836.3 KB · Views: 4
By the way, anyone from the forum live in the NY area that knows how to do this install? Id rather hire someone from the forum than some outside shop...

Punk vandal, need to be taken out.

I never had such problems, but then i moved to this town and soon my Suzuki gran viatra SUV was keyed days before i sold it.
Then i got my Small Suzuki splash, and within a few months it got the passenger side window broken.

Now i park in the back yard and have a 1080p IP camera on my car night and day, and if some one violate my property again i will go medieval on their ass.

I should call the police, but they are so understaffed they cant be bothered with such minor things, and thats okay, personally i can be judge and jury much better than the liberal Danish society can.
In the 90 ties we caught 2 kids trying to steal my car, and i am pretty sure the one i got hold of will never steal a car again, and i think the same is the case with the one my friend got hold off.

It was a bit over the top for 2 kids aged 16 or so, but i am pretty sure they think twice before being stupid again.

192.168.1.100-CAM_1-2016-01-08-07-20-13.jpg

I see you put camo on your car now.

Back