Interior dashcam

randy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Lukas lk-7900 Ace (2), Mobius C2
I want an interior dashcam that will mount to the bottom of my rearview mirror or one that will sit on my dash and face me....maybe even on my windshield. Any ideas? What do you all have or suggest?

You want to record yourself or passenger?
You can use any dashcam and point it inside.
Mount it in the middle or in top corner of passenger side.

I had Vantrue N2 that works great for dual cameras in one.

I plan on putting a jovuu x camera in the lower right corner of my windscreen and then aim it at myself in the driver seat.
I have just done a test with the mobius 2 in that place and on a suction cup mount, that worked good too.
Just be advised that when the sun id down behind the horizon then you will mostly capture darkness on that camera.

Sadly i forgot to save some of the footage from that test.

This is another angle, but as you can see the light levels inside a car is low or get low pretty fast as the sun go down.

This is filmed with my side mobous 1 camera turned 180 degrees on its magnetic DIY mount.

Last edited:

I wanted one to get most all the inside....including driver and passengers. Mostly for people who are servicing my jeep or break in guys. Thx I will look into the vantrue

I plan on putting a jovuu x camera in the lower right corner of my windscreen and then aim it at myself in the driver seat.
I have just done a test with the mobius 2 in that place and on a suction cup mount, that worked good too.
Just be advised that when the sun id down behind the horizon then you will mostly capture darkness on that camera.

Sadly i forgot to save some of the footage from that test.

This is another angle, but as you can see the light levels inside a car is low or get low pretty fast as the sun go down.

This is filmed with my side mobous 1 camera turned 180 degrees on its magnetic DIY mount.

Thx for the response and video. You think I could put a möbius 1 on my dash facing me? I guess I could build a mount

I will try and get some footage with the mobius 2 in the corner again, its easy to relocate on its suction cup mount, so no problem at all.

Will try in the corner as i explained above, and right smack in the middle of the windscreen

I want an interior dashcam that will mount to the bottom of my rearview mirror or one that will sit on my dash and face me....maybe even on my windshield. Any ideas? What do you all have or suggest?

Here's an image from my Mobius B when used as a rear mounted & front facing cam. Gives a rough idea of the extent of interior coverage. Note that exposure was set for the outside not inside. The Mobius C2 has a wider field of view than the B.

4cddefffae77234f8ede6fbb4c1a4dec.jpg

Last edited:
And thats mid day it seem on a sunny day, and still its a bit dark in the corners so to say, but as said the mobius might be tweaked to give a better result.

Here is the promised footage, just from the middle low windscreen, i think that look pretty good, but the camera is highly visible there.

Spotted Thinkware F770 today, first time i spotted a dual channel camera here, and it was a older guy in a Citroen car :cool:
Today was overcast on my drive with grey clouds above, think the M2 did a alright job for its unpolished state of being.

Here is the promised footage, just from the middle low windscreen, i think that look pretty good, but the camera is highly visible there.

Spotted Thinkware F770 today, first time i spotted a dual channel camera here, and it was a older guy in a Citroen car :cool:
Today was overcast on my drive with grey clouds above, think the M2 did a alright job for its unpolished state of being.

Thanks this helps. Would the C2 have a wider field of view than this cam? Or is that the C2...,that's exactly what I want mine to look like!

If I get one like yours I may not need side cams as I wanted. I guess I need to build a homemade mount on my dash to...

Soon we will be able to mount a lower cost 360 camera set up between the front seat headrests. I have in mind the new SJ 360 or the Kodak 360. I like the driver in the picture as it would show i was not texting etc if caught in an accident.I like the seat post mounting spot as it puts the camera out of direct sun & in my car with tinted glass the camera is not visible from outside. In Sydney so it gets very hot inside a car . See Stephen Jones You Tube channel for some ideas. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_8lkByJmwbOszev0S-LuRg.

I think the Mobius 2 here have more or less same field of view as the C2 version of the older mobius, but i am not sure.
Tech sheets on the different mobius cameras must be able to provide this information.

I think the Mobius 2 here have more or less same field of view as the C2 version of the older mobius, but i am not sure.
Tech sheets on the different mobius cameras must be able to provide this information.

So if I got a möbius for my dash it wouldn't sit back as far as I thought. Does the wide angle C2 have a wider angle compared to others? Also, do they all require the super caps to power? How long do the batteries last? I didn't see where I could just plug it into my cigarette lighter...

I read the x2 has one of the wider FOV's at 170. I'd like this FOV as an interior camera to sit on my dash and see outside my two front windows. What are your thoughts on that?

Back