Intermittent issue

Similar, not the same. You will be able to do it with ease I'm sure.

Two screws on the top either side of the mounting connection, two screws on the bottom edge.

Undo these then pry apart, then undo the GPS tape, small black flip type clip - Image below. Then four screws around the edge.

Once these are undone just take the battery off the same way.

Reassemble.

1539183161953.png

Where can I download this program from and what is the best site to download from for the micro sd card test? Thanks

I've just downloaded h2testw and fakeflashtest for testing later. I'll put them in my Dropbox alongside the 412GW 9.5 firmware for safe keeping and post the links.

Thanks for the link

All in the other thread, lower down the main forum, but I'm surprised at the actual speeds these cards run at.

My all singing all dancing published 80/90 Mbps U3 card actually runs at circa 60Mbps read & write.

My Sandisk Class 10 U1 card only writes at circa 18Mbps which is well below what's recommended.

Haven’t Carried out the sd card test yet, will do this evening. But it happened again this morning randomly... started recording fine & then screen came on (had the charging symbol on screen) which was ok so missed about 8 mins worth of footage. Don’t really want to send of my 412gw to nextbase for a few weeks otherwise I’ll be without a dash cam for my Works van. Never had this issue on the older firmware with my old 64gb sandisk sd card, so frustrating!

Be interesting to see how full the card is and the mix of protected v normal v hi v lo, and so on.

I’ve turned off dual recordings so I only have high resolution recording in 1080p 60fps. I have G sensor also switched so shouldn’t really have any protected files on there as far as I’m aware off...

Similar, not the same. You will be able to do it with ease I'm sure.

Two screws on the top either side of the mounting connection, two screws on the bottom edge.

Undo these then pry apart, then undo the GPS tape, small black flip type clip - Image below. Then four screws around the edge.

Once these are undone just take the battery off the same way.

Reassemble.

View attachment 42391
So does it need soldering? Or is it a plug in jobby?

Perhaps my dashcam randomly stops recording because it’s a Samsung Evo 128gb UHS?

CFF13A1F-8EEF-47B4-A43C-E12EA60D2B05.png
This is what I used to have running on my 412gw on the previous firmware and had no issues. Is this UHS also?

H2TESTW is all in a foreign language? Haven’t downloaded it just yet, waiting for reply’s on if the language can be altered on the programme once downloaded?

Fakeflashtest is all in English.

H2testw defaults to German but there is a very prominent radio button to change it to English and there it stays once set.

FakeFlashTest is very quick. H2 takes ages if you opt to let it do a complete scan.

Here's a link to all of them in my Dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eyqtd1xpt6w4qdv/AADM38KrmrgckTkGP8pJgSW7a?dl=0

I still keep going back to my theory re batteries. Rechargeable batteries are published to have a life span of 300 to 500 recharge cycles.
If you use your car daily, just twice for to and from, then thats 261 days a year. These batteries should really be user changeable from an outside flap like a lot of other devices.

Battery rating is a for full charge/discharge cycle, they rarely get used like that for most situations which is why batteries last a lot longer than expected

Yeah I think the battery’s should be easy to swap over like a plug in ribbon or something or connector. The re charging cycle, people who use dash cams daily will over ride that cycle easily & could damage that internal battery. I downloaded H2TESTW last night but it didn’t work as I needed an extractor programme? Seems like fakeflashtest is easier to use?

Back