Is anybody running a permanent hot spot in there car ?

So basically once your camera shuts down, the hotspot goes down afterwards.

I have a freedompop unite hotspot that I got from freedompop for $9.99 with att lte network. They have annual prepaid plan with SIM for 49/yr (45 when on sale at Best Buy) that comes with 1GB data/mo. The hotspot is charged by usb whenever the car is running. It’s more than enough for my 24/7 connected BlackVue. It’s much cheaper than what some of you mentioned.

I'm using one of these.

IMG_4171.jpg

Generally run it plugged into an accessories socket so it charges while driving. The battery outlasts the camera / pmp.

Can you guys give some info on your Wifi 4G specs and when connected to the dashcam do they shut down, as i would like one similiar to work with b-124 hardwired to car when out and parked up at businesses and hotels.
appreciate your input, was thinking of one these Huawei E5577S Black 4g Wifi but have no idea if it would work out and about.

Try downloading the manual for that unit and see if it has auto shutdown/sleep modes and if they can be disabled.

thanks for the tip will do so many different versions here in the UK....

Yeah, it might be easier to call your carrier/s and see if they know.
Actually no, it'll probably take longer due to call queue times and it's highly likely your average rep won't know and will just have to scour the web as you would.:LOL:
There's also 4G wi-fi ODB dongles out there, that might do the trick but I know less about those.

I use the Verizon/Novatel 7730L. It sleeps/turns off only if nothing is connected to it. Running it for a couple of weeks now, the 900S keeps the hotspot active all the time including parking mode

Ah thanks for the confirmation just need to look at a device now

https://www.blackvue.com/blackvue-over-the-cloud

There's an estimated usage chart near the bottom.

It's hard to give you an accurate amount since it really depends how often the camera uploads/you view the live stream/etc.
They (blackvue) say most users should be fine with 4GB, that would be for one camera though. Not two.

In your case, I'd probably start with 10GB, then see how much you use after a month (which would probably have higher usage than average due to the whole 'hey I have a new toy to play with' factor).
Once you get an idea, you should be able to adjust your data plan accordingly.
It's possible your carrier offers a flex plan that auto adjusts depending on your usage too.

Decided to get a Huawei E5573 4G LTE mobile broadband Wi-Fi router Unlocked Mobile Broadband and EE PAYG 4G Data Sim Preloaded With 6GB Data for a permanet WiFi Hotspot when away from home in the UK
my B-124 gives over 20 hours to the Cloud on Basic Plan which i think is not overly expensive for constant live feed, peace of mind away from home, thanks all for advice.

Update - all connected mobile wifi router and cloud, running nicely, downside is the router can only run for about 5 hours, the newer version run over 12 hours are twice the price; overall happy i have real access to the car
parked in car parks or shopping centres.

can't you charge the wifi router via usb in the car while the car is going ? thats what i do & i fond the camera turns off b4 my wifi does

yes the wifi router comes with a small usb - micro usb cable, which is attached, if i am away from the car for over 5 hours, looking to connect a powerbank to supply wifi router for additional
time... my DR900S is connected to BV B-124 power pack which gives 20 hours... in parking mode,

cool my nest investment will also be the B-124 battery

Now have power bank, to give an extra charge to the 4G wifi mobile router E5573 which runs approx 4-6 hours, so i have backup for a
at least 12 hours if parked at hotel or car park and can safely monitor the car... noticed when usb cable from car console whilst running car into power bank and connected
to 4G wifi router, it will not charge it unless you have the usb cable disconnected from car usb console, then it will show 2.1 amp
charge to the 4G wifi router... my power bank has two out slots with different amps available.

Just bought a NETGEARMR1100 to use as a Hot Spot

Nice be interested on how long the hotspot can run in parking mode, probably longer than the BV B-124 battery which is 20 hours.

I'm not a big fan of Verizon either. In fact, our family plan is with att.

Att was too pricey for me.

My cheapest option for mobile Wi-Fi was the jetpack ac791l. Device was $99, with a one time $40 connection fee and $15 month for 1gb.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Any tips while using/purchasing this hotspot? This seems to be the most affordable at this point. I'm on T-Mobile for my cellular plan, but the cheapest plan is $18/month for 2gbs. I need less than a gig since I'm only interested in notifications.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G DR900S (1CH or 2CH) 8
Back