Is it possible to fix the overlap removal time on Registrator Viewer?

have you tried joining two full segments?

the overlap setting should only matter when creating a single file which has a file break in the middle, keep in mind you'll have to selectively add or remove this setting depending on whether you're working with files from an Ambarella or Novatek camera, also not all Novatek cameras will use the same setting, it can vary from 1000ms to 1020ms depending on the model

Does the 1020ms apply to the Mobius? If not, would you know the exact length that needs to be trimmed?

Mobius might be 1000ms from memory, very easy to check, just export a file you've joined and check the results

Mobius might be 1000ms from memory, very easy to check, just export a file you've joined and check the results

It's definitely not 1000ms. I've tried quite a few numbers below 1100 but can't seem to get it just right..

You should try doing it again to see if it's still working as it did the first time.

I've tried it a dozen times now in different ways possible and it works fine. I even loaded clips from other cams in between.

The overlap setting just trims off the end of the clip, which are the duplicate/overlap frames of the next clip.

If it looks like its skipping forward by one second then im guessing the end of the clip is being trimmed off twice by RV..

Last edited:
I've tried it a dozen times now in different ways possible and it works fine. I even loaded clips from other cams in between.

The overlap setting just trims off the end of the clip, which are the duplicate/overlap frames of the next clip.

If it looks like its skipping forward by one second then im guessing the end of the clip is being trimmed off twice by RV..
I've also tried the same and the fixed setting works everytime with uncut clips. So far we've established that there's nothing wrong with RV regarding joining full clips, but what about fragments? Those are the ones I'm interested in.

If you cut fragments and then join those together afterwards then of course you need to disable the trimming of the overlap as there is no overlap in files you've already cut

Why would you rejoin fragment files you already exported with overlap corrected?

If you're trying to use RV to edit together a compilation, yes you'll need to set the overlap back to 0 temporarily since gaps no longer exist.

I'd rather use Cyber Link Power Director myself once I have the combined gapless videos I want to use.

I have VideoReDo as well. I haven't used it in awhile though. I used to have a Windows Media Center DVR computer for TV CableCard recordings. VideoReDo does very quick lossless cuts and editing of media center recordings and other videos. (I use a TiVo Bolt now as my DVR, 6-tuner 3TB)

Yup, the encoding speed of the program is amazing and the forum support is just as fast like this one

I've also tried the same and the fixed setting works everytime with uncut clips. So far we've established that there's nothing wrong with RV regarding joining full clips, but what about fragments? Those are the ones I'm interested in.

As said, fragments that were already cut wont have an overlap. You will need to create the overlap by the way you cut it.

For example, if you were going to cut a 5 minute file in half
Clip 1 - 0:00 - 2:31
Clip 2 - 2:30 - 5:00

Not sure why you would cut and recombine fragments when you can just group the full clips together into one big seamless clip and do the cutting from there.

If you cut fragments and then join those together afterwards then of course you need to disable the trimming of the overlap as there is no overlap in files you've already cut

Why would you rejoin fragment files you already exported with overlap corrected?

As said, fragments that were already cut wont have an overlap. You will need to create the overlap by the way you cut it.

For example, if you were going to cut a 5 minute file in half
Clip 1 - 0:00 - 2:31
Clip 2 - 2:30 - 5:00

Not sure why you would cut and recombine fragments (...)
Because sometimes one part of the clip that I want to save is in the end of a segment and the other part is in the beginning of the next segment. If I leave them as individual clips there will be a 1 sec overlap when I put them together in editing, so what I do is join those 2 clips in one without the overlap. Capiche? o_O:cool:

(...) when you can just group the full clips together into one big seamless clip and do the cutting from there.
If this is a bug the program has that can't be solved I might start doing that. :)

I understand what you're doing and why you want to do it, it's not a bug in the program though, if you tell it to remove x amount from the end of a file that's what it does, your files that you've already cropped have had this removed already so any rejoining of those files is still going to want to trim that x amount from the end of each section as a part of the process

Agreed, this is not a bug. How is RegistratorViewer supposed to know if it's working with files that have already been overlap chopped & exported previously?

Back