Is mobius still the king of dash cams?

Bummer. How long has the wait been since the "announcement" or whatever it was about the new Mobius?
There has not been any announcement. AFAIK the camera is still in development.

The latest version of mSetup included parameter options for a "Mobius 1S" camera, which likely indicates that the FW is close to completion because Isoprop would not want to keep re-coding mSetup if parameters are still being added, removed or amended.

Fine-tuning IQ parameters, checking for parameter clashes and fixing any bugs can take quite a while.

well, usually there is no announcement, only rumors as pre-production samples being tested. Normally the camera pops up for sale suddenly on the ebay site.

Bummer. How long has the wait been since the "announcement" or whatever it was about the new Mobius?

I am OK holding off for now, but viewing some of the footage after a long time of not doing so on my OG Mobius was pretty disappointing in the video quality (even during day).
I'm very pleased with my two old Mobius cameras. The pictures are excellent in daylight and still very good at night. Perfectly possible to read number plates.
I'll keep these as long as I can, but when they eventually give up the ghost the new models will, hopefully, be available.

Normally the camera pops up for sale suddenly on the ebay site.
I've been checking daily..... :p And I check for new threads on RCG too.

The closest thing right now is a helmet mount accessory!
1669636548413.png

Apparently, it accepts the original super-cap. That's good news!

We'll have to see how well this thing performs but my initial reaction is that this camera has the potential to turn out to be what the ill-fated M2 should have been.

did You check today?
1s is out (surprised they already sold 25 pcs...)
Yes, I bought 25!

Actually, no. I've not seen it yet.

Probably sold to a reseller.

One surprise is that it still uses a USB mini-B port. I expected they would have updated the camera with a USB-C port.

One surprise is that it still uses a USB mini-B port. I expected they would have updated the camera with a USB-C port.
That is surprising. But perhaps they are making the upgrade easier for existing users?

Is the case / housing still the same?

That is surprising. But perhaps they are making the upgrade easier for existing users?

Is the case / housing still the same?
Looks like. I am also surprised (and a bit disappointed) about the mini USB, mostly due to the better locking capability of the USB-C.
I think they wanted to keep the compatibility (even if it looks is not sold it anymore) with the video-audio-power out cable which was sold previously (TV-out still supported).

And looks like the case is the same (probably they had to modify unwillingly the circuit due to missing components and kept all other components as much as they could: it they adopted the usb-C connection they should have modified the tool to make the case).

Last edited:
1669974218144.png

OK, found it now. I see they used the exact same image for both illustrations. Even a simple 'S' imprinted in the case would have been a nice way to show it's a new product.

Buyer beware if you get a second-hand one of these in years to come.

Last edited:
View attachment 62765

OK, found it now. I see they used the exact same image for both illustrations. Even a simple 'S' imprinted in the case would have been a nice way to show it's a new product.

Buyer beware if you get a second-hand one of these in years to come.
yes, but they should have modified the tool. And probably they even had some ''old'' case from previous model around. Same goes for the #16, #32, #32S.
Mini case had been modified for different reasons (ventilation/no more brass cooling studs).

wondering if the M1s share sAme imaging/processing components with the Mini2. Similar specs (but for Tv-out). Mini has no 1440p@60, but this might be due to lower cooling vs the m1s which has still an heat sink.

Last edited:
wondering if the M1s share some imaging/processing components with the Mini2. Similar specs (but for Tv-out). Mini has no 1440p@60, but this might be due to lower cooling vs the m1s which has still an heat sink.
If the M1S HW is similar to the Mini2 which runs rather warm, I think ventilation holes on the top surface of the M1S would be a good idea. I might drill my own if I decide to buy one.

Tempted to try one but will wait till some video samples are out. If any good, will replace the telephoto cameras.

I suspect maybe they were making the updated camera easier and cheaper to manufacture.
I see the price is about the same as the original M1

Back