Is there a company in the UK I can get the Mini 0801 dash cam from.

Peter Wilson

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mini 0801 DashCam and Blackvue DR550GW, iPhone 4S.
Hi has any company in the UK got the Mini 0801 Dash Camera who can deliver quickly.
Also I am concerned about returns to a Chinese delivery address as this costs a fortune from the UK and some items from China cost Import fees etc. I had a problem with a 10.1 inch tablet bought from china at £40 was meant to be UK and it would have cost near £50 to return it luckily Amazon sorted this out with there abc returns system but I don't want to have that issue again

I have looked at this item
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00F5WPMB0https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00F5WPMB0but after adding it to my basket to buy it it said 7-23 working days.

I am looking for the following item.
a Mini 0801 with GPS and 8Gb Built in and the Full 1080p, would like the 32Gb SD card but its not important as you can get these from PCW for £20. Must be the UK.

The only UK supplier I can think of is JooVuu.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The only UK supplier I can think of is JooVuu.

Hi Thanks for that got the UK seller but has not got the built in 8Gb Storage. Might be able to do without. but would prefer so I can turn the camera on while transferring the footage to my laptop etc. It would be just my luck to park up outside the house and take the card out only to walk out and find the car rammed by some sprat in a van.

But I will take this into consideration. anyone else selling the real ones in the UK. I have found fakes, but not interested.

Hi Thanks for that got the UK seller but has not got the built in 8Gb Storage. Might be able to do without. but would prefer so I can turn the camera on while transferring the footage to my laptop etc. It would be just my luck to park up outside the house and take the card out only to walk out and find the car rammed by some sprat in a van.

But I will take this into consideration. anyone else selling the real ones in the UK. I have found fakes, but not interested.

You could keep a spare card in the car, & insert it into the 0801 when you remove the card containing the footage you want to review.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Lol I have a spare camera Ive got the DR550GW but I want a higher Bitrate camera, I may think about it after all I only have 6 16Gb and one 32Gb class 10 cards now.LOL

I believe Joovuu are probably the only one, and you do pay a few pounds more for the priviledge, though some people think it's worth it. I'm sure if you ask Dan at Joovuu he could get the GPS + 8GB version for you, but I suspect it would be £90-£100 range, where you can pick one up from E-Prance for about £72. Your choice.

With regard to the GPS 8GB version, I'm not convinced it's really necessary, I have 3 of these camera's 2 are GPS only and the last 1 bought is GPS + 8GB, and I never really use the internal 8GB, though AYS I suppose it could be useful, the reason I went for the 8GB/GPS model is because they are only about £7 more, so even though I dont use it I suppose it's always there if I need it anytime.

I bought all my 3 through E-Prance via Amazon UK, I can tell you that all 3 of mine were delivered from the UK, so I assume thats the norm if ordering from them for anyone in the UK. It still takes about 7 or 8 days to arrive, but likely much quicker than direct from China.
(I'm assuming of course E-Prance still do this, but AIS all 3 came delivered from Portsmouth, UK)

Last edited:
Ok I have emailed e-prance to ask about returns and delivery times. They responded when I asked about another problem with there listing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I have emailed e-prance to ask about returns and delivery times. They responded when I asked about another problem with there listing.

They usually do respond without any problems, however I can tell you they will say any returns need to go back to China, they will also likely say delivery times are about 3 weeks from China, as officially they don't dispatch from the UK, at least thats what they will likely say, ;-) but AIS my 3 came from the UK... as did my mates when he ordered 2..lol

I bought all my 3 through E-Prance via Amazon UK, I can tell you that all 3 of mine were delivered from the UK, so I assume thats the norm if ordering from them for anyone in the UK. It still takes about 7 or 8 days to arrive, but likely much quicker than direct from China.
(I'm assuming of course E-Prance still do this, but AIS all 3 came delivered from Portsmouth, UK)

I got mine from E-Prance via Amazon UK as well. Ordered 31-10-13 received 2-11-13. They must have an agent or something with stock in the UK.

First post.

MartinR

Just got a reply this morning
"Dear Peter,

Good Day:)
thank you very much for believing us,It's Maryanne:):):)
I understand you want next day delivery and return place,we've sent some these camera to UK amazon warehouse,it'll arrive in about next week:)
if it has quality problems and we don't resolve it finally,you can return to China,please don't worry,the postage would not exceed £15,as the camera(package)is not heavy,we'll bear the shipping fee:):):)

if you met any problems or questions,please write back to me,I would reponse in less than 24 hours:):):)
Warmest regards
Sincerely,Maryanne ^_^
E-PRANCE"

So looks like I will be buying from them. Might opt for the non 8gb version depending on price.

Hi Lunar,
I fancy an o801 for my car, but have read about them being made by different manufacturers, and lenses that soften at the edges a bit too much (I know it's an possibility on a wide angle lens). How do you find the quality of those you bought from E-Prance?

By the looks of it the main manufacture is e-prance but I am sure someone on here will know. I know they sell two different models one is a cheaper option with cheap internals and cheap lenses.

I have done a company search for stonebridge uk ltd and they are a furniture sales place. I have found a few different similar matches of stone bridge global ltd misc sales. And stonebridge united ltd with no website in that area it must be one of those. Pity you can't buy direct. Lol.

Hi Lunar,
I fancy an o801 for my car, but have read about them being made by different manufacturers, and lenses that soften at the edges a bit too much (I know it's an possibility on a wide angle lens). How do you find the quality of those you bought from E-Prance?

The video quality on all 3 are actually quite good, Certainly much better than I expected, but I wouldn't for one second expect it to be so good as my dedicated Panasonic camcorder which uses 3 CDC sensors for red,green,blue, and a quality Leica lens but that cost £800 from Amazon last year.
However, the image quality from the 0801 is not far behind, these things are obviously built down to a price, but IMO you get far better value from this dirt cheapo camera than I do from my pricy Panasonic. I think the image quality is very impressive indeed from something costing so little, and I've certainly not noticed obvious softening at the edges that warrant a mention, though due to its wide angle you will notice the occasional bendy lamp posts at the sides...lol

I've also since bought a Mio 368 which with import duty cost me £162, and though it has 6x glass lenses, it doesn't cope with different light levels as good as the 0801, the Mio 368 is a WDR camera so night recordings should be a touch better, side by side comparisons in daylight put them pretty equal, with both producing clean sharp images, but for its very low price the mini 0801 will take some beating, as long as you get a good one ;-) and for discreet mounting its by far the better camera for the money.

The mini 0801 may be very cheap, but the actual design IMO is actually rather good, it's just a shame that QC is not the same in all the 4 or more factories that manufacture them. AFAIK E-Prance is only a retailer, like Givoe and others, if you check out the E-Prance website you will see they sell just about everything..lol I'd imagine camera's is just a small part of their business.

Last edited:
By the looks of it the main manufacture is e-prance but I am sure someone on here will know. I know they sell two different models one is a cheaper option with cheap internals and cheap lenses.

I have done a company search for stonebridge uk ltd and they are a furniture sales place. I have found a few different similar matches of stone bridge global ltd misc sales. And stonebridge united ltd with no website in that area it must be one of those. Pity you can't buy direct. Lol.
ChSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you are referring to a recent very cheap camera they started selling for around the 30- £35 mark in a mini 0801 Lookalike body... It is indeed built down to a low price and internals are totally different and inferior to the genuine mini 0801. This cheap mini 0801 ripoff was discussed in a thread a little while ago.
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...20-wide-angle-g-senser.2738/page-2#post-30095
Most times you get what you pay for, but if you can get a decent mini 0801 which are about £70 I reckon that's dirt cheap for probably the most discrete car camera you can buy, it also produces impressive video recordings, so IMHO ticks all the boxes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a quick update to this thread.

E-prance have recently shipped a quantity of their cameras to Amazon UK which means if you order from E-Prance's Store on Amazon UK you will now find that most of their cameras are now dispatched by Amazon. Just make sure it states 'Sold by E-prance and Fulfilled by Amazon' and you should receive your camera within a couple of days, or next day if your a Amazon Prime customer. So good news for UK customers. :)

I notice they are also selling the bases separately now for these cameras, in case anyone wants a spare base.

Reactions: Mtz
Hi all,

I just joined the Forum, having bought the 0801 Mini with GPS and 8GB internal memory a couple of weeks ago.
Here are my experiences and a few answers -

- I bought it from UK seller carrera2-lm on ebay for £109 (free p&p). It arrived next day. He is a 467 sales at 100% seller.
- ebay shows one other UK supplier: combi-uk
- I initially installed the 0801 without external SD card; it worked fine for ca 2 hours, then had a corrupt file and stopped.
After connecting it to my iMac with the supplied USB/Mini-USB cable, I deleted that file (instead of the normal AMBAnnnn.MOV
it was named AMBAnnnn.IDX). The unit then recorded again for another day, including taking it for a walk of over 10 minutes!
- Next day, while setting a few options, with the unit connected via USB to my Mac, it froze.
Screen showed last recorded view of my desk, blue LED on, frozen. None of the buttons active, removing USB cable made no difference!
Trying various combinations, this worked and rebooted the unit: Press and hold both OK-button and Power-button at the same time until reboot (ca 5 seconds).
- I then bought a 32GB Class 6 Samsung micro SDHC memory card from Maplins for £24.99 and inserted that; I also re-formatted it from within the 0801.
- Last week I drove to Germany. Total drive time ca 7 hours. It recorded the trip (3 minutes loop setting) flawlessly. While in Germany, I copied the MOV and gps
files onto a USB-3 stick (ca 30GB, just over an hour).
- The return trip overwrote most of the old data. Perfect view during the day drive, but quite dark when recording the drive back on M20/M25 later that night.
I have now changed AE Bias from 0 to -1 to see if that improves night vision.
- I shall order a Circular Polarising Lens Filter, ebay £5+ and somehow mount it over the lens, to reduce glare (my wind screen has a 45 degree rake).
- My PC being an Apple Mac, running OS X Mavericks, I use RegistratorViewer.exe in Bootcamp mode, running Windows 7 64bit - no problems at all.

''Confused?'' - Wait 'till you see the next episode..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back