Is there a waterproof cam with parking mode?

Petrolhead

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
both my vans have suffered hit and run damage to the rear. Neither have a back glass window (renault trafic/mercedes vito) just metal barn doors. I need either a waterproof camera or a camera with remote lens that also has a decent parking mode. Composite video sub output or wifi would be a nice extra to double up as a reversing cam but not essential. Does such a thing exist?

You can get a waterproof camera unit for the SGZC12RC, and it have good prebuffered parking guard.

I would say most dashcams are ill suited for reversing camera as they often dont have the guide lines and flipped image, and the screens are allso pretty small 3" at best.

But a real dedicated reversing camera and a 7" LCD screen can be had pretty cheap, a whole lot cheaper than a SGZC12RC, but offcourse a reversing camera dont record and they are only low resolution.

Cant remember if that SG camera have AV out on the main unit.

I'll forget the reversing thing then as i have a reversing camera ready to fit when i find the time. That sg cam seems hard to source to uk for a sensible price, bearing in mind i need 2, unless i'm looking in the wrong places?
Vimel dualmx looks alright on the one aussie ebay listing but cant find any other info on it.

@niko will sort you out, he is the EU man in the SG empire

The waterproof unit is really a upgrade option for the camera, but i am sure niko can set you up so you dont have to get 2 camera units when you really only need one.

Some of the other SG cameras have a option for a reversing camera that can allso record, but i am sure niko can help you more in that regard.

http://hiniko.com/

I'll forget the reversing thing then as i have a reversing camera ready to fit when i find the time. That sg cam seems hard to source to uk for a sensible price, bearing in mind i need 2, unless i'm looking in the wrong places?
Vimel dualmx looks alright on the one aussie ebay listing but cant find any other info on it.
You may also check amazon uk fo SG dashcams.

Blackvue DR650 Truck but it's a pricier unit has wifi and optional "rearview kit" where you can output to a screen

Back