Waterproof Rear Camera For Convertible

33fun

Reaction score
Country
United States
I currently have Thinkware F770 with interior mounted rear cam in a sedan. I would like to install a new F770 in my hardtop convertible with an exterior mounted camera. Thinkware does not offer a waterproof rear exterior camera for the F770. Could I use a 3rd party licence plate backup camera if I spliced the wires to the standard F770 usb connector? I realize the video quality would not be as good. Is there any reason why the video feed would not be acceptable to the F770 for recording purposes? I understand I need a backup camera that does not reverse the image and has the ability to turn off the parking guidance lines.

won't work
Do you have any suggestions for a waterproof rear camera that would work with either a Thinkware f770 or f800? Thinkware does not currently make any waterproof camera compatible with either of these models. Would any of your Street Guardian cameras work?

No that will not work as far as i know.

Would you be able to put a rear facing camera right next to your front facing one? I appreciate you'll get a little less visibility, but I assume you don't have rear seats anyway, so we're only talking about a meter of depth.

A bit like a taxi dashcam that looks both ways from the same module.

you could use a stand alone GoPro that's waterproof

Back