Issue - 4K reverts to 2K (1440p) sometimes?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Today came back home and noticed that my video files for driving for the front were 2k despite me setting the camera to 4k. I made sure I put the setting to 4K with the rear camera plugged in and was able to confirm it works had 4K video files.

.Has anyone had this issue or know what might be the problem?

What firmware (version) are you using?

There was some version of firmware where if the camera starts to overheat it will downgrade the reso.

Hm, very odd issue. Out of curiosity, when does this issue occur? Say when you lost power?

Once it reverts back to 2k, does it every go back to 4k or does it stay there? Have you tried using a different SD card?

Hm, very odd issue. Out of curiosity, when does this issue occur? Say when you lost power?

Once it reverts back to 2k, does it every go back to 4k or does it stay there? Have you tried using a different SD card?

As of now it only happened once where I really noticed it occurring. So I'd have to wait until it happens again to find symptoms or cause.

But once it was 2k, I had to change video settings back to 4k or else it stays there. No other SD card to try.

This happened me a few times with my A129 Pro, it was going from 4k to 1080p, i think this was related to parking mode as the parking mode was recording in 1080 at the time, once they released the FW update changing the parking mode from 1080 to 1440 i never had an issue. Have you contacted viofo support yet?

As of now it only happened once where I really noticed it occurring. So I'd have to wait until it happens again to find symptoms or cause.

But once it was 2k, I had to change video settings back to 4k or else it stays there. No other SD card to try.
As @Skylar132 mentioned it sounds like the Dashcam doesn't come out of parking mode.
You can trigger this fault by allowing the car to stand running for 5 mins 6 is better as it will go into park mode.
Start driving and it will remain in park mode until power is removed.

I use the cigarette lighter socket for this test.

This glitch also happened in the T130 until a firmware update.

As @Skylar132 mentioned it sounds like the Dashcam doesn't come out of parking mode.
You can trigger this fault by allowing the car to stand running for 5 mins 6 is better as it will go into park mode.
Start driving and it will remain in park mode until power is removed.

I use the cigarette lighter socket for this test.

This glitch also happened in the T130 until a firmware update.

This happened me a few times with my A129 Pro, it was going from 4k to 1080p, i think this was related to parking mode as the parking mode was recording in 1080 at the time, once they released the FW update changing the parking mode from 1080 to 1440 i never had an issue. Have you contacted viofo support yet?

I can confirm it's out of parking mode when it happens. On the SD card, my normal driving videos are in 2K.

It just happened today. I thought maybe overheating but idk, it seemed like it happened overnight and it was cold. Yesterday videos are all in 4K and my first drive out today is in 2K until I realised it was 2K.

I can confirm it's out of parking mode when it happens. On the SD card, my normal driving videos are in 2K.

It just happened today. I thought maybe overheating but idk, it seemed like it happened overnight and it was cold. Yesterday videos are all in 4K and my first drive out today is in 2K until I realised it was 2K.
Yeah that doesn't sound like park mode.

But, is the camera working all night as it might still be valid but not if it's off.
Overheating? Maybe.

I don't have any other solutions to offer.
I'm sure it's a real pain to have to keep checking and changing.

Yeah that doesn't sound like park mode.

But, is the camera working all night as it might still be valid but not if it's off.
Overheating? Maybe.

I don't have any other solutions to offer.
I'm sure it's a real pain to have to keep checking and changing.

I shut off my camera manually (it's hard wired) and I don't leave it in parking mode at home.

Yeah it does suck since I upgraded my VIOFO A119 V2 for this, I mean mainly for dual channel, but 4K is nice but at the same time not the end of the world when it happens since it's still 2K.

As a test I also wondered if maybe it happens when parking mode ends from the pre-set timer but no success, set it to 30 mins, let it shut off and my settings were still to 4K.

Today came back home and noticed that my video files for driving for the front were 2k despite me setting the camera to 4k. I made sure I put the setting to 4K with the rear camera plugged in and was able to confirm it works had 4K video files.

.Has anyone had this issue or know what might be the problem?
If you choose 4K for driving, the camera can switch to 2K when it enters parking mode, and revert back to 4K when it switches back to regular mode.
If you want a 4K video for parking, you can change the setting manually.
Our new firmware support this, you can consider updating the firmware.
Come to us directly if you have further questions.

If you choose 4K for driving, the camera can switch to 2K when it enters parking mode, and revert back to 4K when it switches back to regular mode.
Hello, my issue is not because of parking mode not doing 4K. I'll still try the new firmware though maybe the bug is not present in it.

Yeah FYI the new firmware does not allow me to do 4K parking videos either. That was also something else which I was a bit disappointed about and now you say you had firmware for it I'm interested in resolving that to haha.

I will report back if my driving videos switch back to 2K unexpectedly or not.

Back