Issue: SG9665GC says "card full" when powered on

john856

Reaction score
Country
United States
I received my GC today and formatted the included memory card. I put the memory card into the unit and powered the unit on. The screen says "card full" and won't record. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I received my GC today and formatted the included memory card. I put the memory card into the unit and powered the unit on. The screen says "card full" and won't record. Does anyone know how to fix this?

That could mean the card is bad. Please plug it into your computer using the USB card reader and see if you're able to read/write to it. If it's bad, I'll send you a new Transcend 300x 32GB microSD replacement card.

That could mean the card is bad. Please plug it into your computer using the USB card reader and see if you're able to read/write to it. If it's bad, I'll send you a new Transcend 300x 32GB microSD replacement card.

It's okay now, I figured out how to fix it. Instead of formatting the sd card on my computer, I formatted the sd card on the GC unit. It works fine now. :)

It's okay now, I figured out how to fix it. Instead of formatting the sd card on my computer, I formatted the sd card on the GC unit. It works fine now. :)

Ah yes, always format 32GB/64GB cards inside the camera itself. (so it sets up the car properly)

If you're on a Mac, it's best to always format the card in the camera any time you've touched the card on a Mac. (due to the left over hidden files Mac creates/leaves behind that can trip up dashcams) Windows won't have this issue.

Ah yes, always format 32GB/64GB cards inside the camera itself. (so it sets up the car properly)

If you're on a Mac, it's best to always format the card in the camera any time you've touched the card on a Mac. (due to the left over hidden files Mac creates/leaves behind that can trip up dashcams) Windows won't have this issue.

Yup, that makes sense as I am on a mac.

Back