ITB-100HB Parking Mode issue - too sensitive

Hi, yes, I am romanian and I have this nickname on forums from 2002.
I envy to you (in a good sense) because you are so close (for me) to the place where I want to be once in my life and I think will never go: driving all the road of Key West.
I used google maps to look at some places like "the southern most point (maybe just of the public road) of USA" and where is finishing the road. Unfortunately I didn't found a recording with all the road like some user did.
I just want the feeling to drive over the ocean. :oops:

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi secerator,

Website had 2 downtimes over the last couple of days. Hopefully everything is resolved now.

The website is fine now.

I'm glad to find at least 2 Romanians on this small forum. I went to college in Bucharest (ASE).

I like FL. Just for vacations.. Atlanta is not that hot and humid, but still, pretty hot during the summer.

To everyone thinking Russians are bad drivers.. You should see Romanian drivers in Bucharest!! :lol:
(They just don't have that many dash cams)

secerator said:
To everyone thinking Russians are bad drivers.. You should see Romanian drivers in Bucharest!! :lol:
(They just don't have that many dash cams)

never been to Romania but I have been to Russia and can confirm first hand the videos you see are genuine, there truly are some scary drivers in Russia

I've been in Russia too. And in Romania, Moldova, Ukraine..
All drive about the same :). Combine that with ****ty roads, drunk drivers, gypsy horse carts, crazy taxi drivers, tramway, lack of properly installed street signs, lack of respect for other drivers, scammers.. It's an adventure to drive through the big cities. .. like driving through the Manhattan, but worse.
Kinda miss those places.. it gets boring sometimes in the US :)

secerator said:
I've been in Russia too. And in Romania, Moldova, Ukraine..
All drive about the same :). Combine that with ****ty roads, drunk drivers, gypsy horse carts, crazy taxi drivers, tramway, lack of properly installed street signs, lack of respect for other drivers, scammers.. It's an adventure to drive through the big cities. .. like driving through the Manhattan, but worse.
Kinda miss those places.. it gets boring sometimes in the US :)

Obviously you've never driven the I495 during rush hour traffic when we all drive 85MPH bumper to bumper changing lanes to get ahead of one car at a time. It's a high speed stampede.

I see that some of you guys have parking mode sensitivity issues with the ITB100HD (and probably it's the same with all Itronics DVRs). I tried combining the settings as much as I could and for me they seem to be the best. Here's a quote from my ITB500-HD install thread:

mituc said:
Here are the settings that look ideal to me for this DVR. These settings may work for other Itronics cameras as well, as i can see people keeping complaining about sensitivity issues:
1. Driving mode:
- recording quality 720p;
- front camera brightness: normal;
- rear camera brightness: bright;
- shock sensitivity while driving: OFF - it's so annoying so have event files created every time there's a small crack in the asphalt!
- display speed: I prefer it set to on since I basically never use the player for anything else than changing settings;

2. Parking mode:
- ON;
- activate only on shock;
- Shock sensitivity while parking: sensitive - this will make the DVR start recording even when a bug touches the windscreen or the wind blows harder. While it's raining this will result basically into continuous recording, but even if we configured the DVR to record on motion detection we'd still have the same behavior. So only shock here;

3. General settings:
- shock sensing alarm - OFF. We're not using this impact sensor anywhere anyway. I activated it once when I configured the shock sensor to "insensitive", and it was still beeping like crazy even when I was accelerating harder.

I added my setup fine as an attachment for those who need it. I think you only need to change the time zone, currently set to Moscow, GMT+3, because this thing doesn't seem to know about daylight saving and leaving the timezone seto to my location (Bucharest) would make the time readings to appear as one hour earlier.

I hope it helps.

Back