ITB-100HD Cold weather operation??

jasper502

Reaction score
The ITB-100HD seems to me to be the best value out there but being from Canada my only concern is how this unit holds up in cold weather during the winter months. I would be hard wiring these with the UPS kit and like the idea of park mode. Assuming the windshield is not frosted up and covered in snow the parking mode would be great but would these bad boys still run when below 0 Celsius? It was -28 C Christmas Eve here at my parents!

Any cold weather tips would be appreciated before I buy. I am pretty sure that I will have to live with some spotty performance when it's as cold as it was the other night but I figured I would ask here first.

Dan

Hi Dan,

The ITB-100HD became popular in early to mid-2012 so it hasn't really gone through a full winter yet. The camera's operating temperature is rated to -20C, so running it when it is colder than that in parking mode might be problematic. Unfortunately, we won't have more information on its performance for a little while longer. To be on the safe side, perhaps don't use the parking mode if it is below -20C. Like you say, parking mode in a snow / frost covered car is not that useful anyway.

Back