ITB-100HD SP Smart Plus Model Released

Here's my setup.bin from my SP version of the ITB 100 HD cam ;)

Attachments

• setup.zip
    137 bytes · Views: 10
If anyone has this camera and wants to try my FW to swap it to MPH, it's located here. http://sdrv.ms/127WNlr

itb100spfw.bin is an attempt to modify the code for MPH by jumping into some unused space.
itb100spfw2.bin is the original hack i made to itb-100hd firmware, that uses existing code space, but has slightly deformed text prior to GPS signal ~30 second (Make sure to rename to itb100spfw.bin on SD card.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Please be more precise with the explanation when is about firmware updates.
Why you offered 2 firmwares? For normal user is better to just be precise and don't go with things like code, programming.
If only one firmware must be used please offer that only one.

Thanks for your work! ;)

enjoy,
Mtz

I don't have this camera, the modification came as a request from a different thread.

I tried two different techniques.

itb100spfw.bin
For the first firmware I jumped from the .text segment to the .rodata segment to add the necessary code. I'm not sure if this will actually do what I want.

itb100spfw2.bin
For the second firmware I just patched over the GPS ready code to convert to MPH. This worked on the itb-100HD but had the side effect that until the GPS got a signal the output string wouldn't be correct.

It turns out I just got word from another forum user that they were able to flash itb100spfw.bin on the device and it works as expected. I'll write up some details on yakhack.com when I get some free time.

I think itronics released a new firmware.

Changes:
1 Internal NAND memory management algorithms improved
2 Add SD cards are not defective judgment algorithm

enjoy,
Mtz

Just modified that version, I'm not sure of the version number, I just called it itb100spfw_new.bin just rename it.

http://sdrv.ms/127WNlr

**Once someone confirms it works, I'll swap it to itb100spfw.bin and remove the _new.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know what the video bitrate is on this camera?
On the FAQ for the non SP it states 6Mbps, surely it's not this low else the quality would be junk?
Does it have English voice yet?

Thank you very much.

For the ITB-100HD, actually, the video stream is never 6 Mbps.

It's a variable bitrate of 5,5 or so Mbps (ranges from 5,1 in still and very simple views, up to 5,8 în very busy, high motion areas)

e7RBAga.jpg

I would presume the ITB-100HD SP has a very similar bitrate. Haven't seen any real differences.

I wonder if this makes the cam not worth it? I will have to view the samples.

I like all the spec but if the bit rate means that the video is worse than $100 cam (dr32 12Mbps) then it's difficult to justify a purchase.

Going mad trying to find a cam I like :-(

If the video isn't spot on you may as well get the livue lb100 720p gps $140, $80 saving.

I guess the livue version of the new winy cam xf1000 will be the best buy, all of the features and adjustable bit rate up to 12mbps.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Looks really good? must be good encoding for that quality at such low bit rate?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

:D thank you

check your messages. and, reply

I think the 100HD models are the best for such low bitrate. In others cameras even with the same Texas Intruments chipset the quality is worse, for example the famous BlackVue model. So I think the lens module is the secret for this quality.
Other cameras need maybe double the bitrate and not offer such nice image.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
I think the 100HD models are the best for such low bitrate. In others cameras even with the same Texas Intruments chipset the quality is worse, for example the famous BlackVue model. So I think the lens module is the secret for this quality.

enjoy,
Mtz

I agree.

from my iP 5 via Tapa.

I guess it's high compression encoding, lens module don't kill macro blocks.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I know it's possible to find this SP model but it's really hard work, is it the case that there's a zillion non SP's out there yet to be sold before the SP comes to the fore and if so why aren't the none SP's being sold at a discount?

Cardigan said:
I know it's possible to find this SP model but it's really hard work, is it the case that there's a zillion non SP's out there yet to be sold before the SP comes to the fore and if so why aren't the none SP's being sold at a discount?

Pm apple-ct. That's who I got mine from.

from my iP 5 via Tapa.

Mtz said:

enjoy,
Mtz

The container that's being used is also a factor.

AVI has very little compression. It offers VERY good image quality but VERY large files if you choose to have a huge bitrate. That's why the bitrate is only 500kbps.

MP4 has high compression and it's quality varies on the bitrate.

I don't think the lens is the factor, but the actual design of the hardware.

Back