ITB-100HD SP Smart Plus Model Released

kay188 said:
Mtz said:
I think the 100HD models are the best for such low bitrate. In others cameras even with the same Texas Intruments chipset the quality is worse, for example the famous BlackVue model. So I think the lens module is the secret for this quality.
Other cameras need maybe double the bitrate and not offer such nice image.

enjoy,
Mtz

The container that's being used is also a factor.

AVI has very little compression. It offers VERY good image quality but VERY large files if you choose to have a huge bitrate. That's why the bitrate is only 500kbps.

MP4 has high compression and it's quality varies on the bitrate.

I don't think the lens is the factor, but the actual design of the hardware.

It's all about the end result. The fact is LUKAS has the best quality video of all the cameras presently on the market. The only way anyone could know this for sure is to actually try the top selling few and see for yourself. I own the ITB HD Black-Box 100SP and can say that while this is a fine device the LUKAS produces the best video, has far better support and lacks nothing while the price is very reasonable. The only small detail is the size. The ITB can be hidden better but soon so many will have dash cams this won't be an issue.
I show off having a LUKAS in both windows while drive 80 miles a day to and from work. Among the thousands of cars on the highways I can recognize many I see from day to day and expect to be one that many see also.

Al Drake said:
kay188 said:
Mtz said:
I think the 100HD models are the best for such low bitrate. In others cameras even with the same Texas Intruments chipset the quality is worse, for example the famous BlackVue model. So I think the lens module is the secret for this quality.
Other cameras need maybe double the bitrate and not offer such nice image.

enjoy,
Mtz

AVI has very little compression. It offers VERY good image quality but VERY large files if you choose to have a huge bitrate. That's why the bitrate is only 500kbps.

I don't think the lens is the factor, but the actual design of the hardware.

It's all about the end result. The fact is LUKAS has the best quality video of all the cameras presently on the market. The only way anyone could know this for sure is to actually try the top selling few and see for yourself. I own the ITB HD Black-Box 100SP and can say that while this is a fine device the LUKAS produces the best video, has far better support and lacks nothing while the price is very reasonable. The only small detail is the size. The ITB can be hidden better but soon so many will have dash cams this won't be an issue.
I show off having a LUKAS in both windows while drive 80 miles a day to and from work. Among the thousands of cars on the highways I can recognize many I see from day to day and expect to be one that many see also.

It's not always about the end result because if this was the true them we would all opt to run an HDV camcorder, so discreetness is a decision factor when looking at these cams. It's all about the objective and how you want to go about to achieve it.

The quality of the cam is pretty good, but not good enough for me to accept the size tradeoff and why I personally have not purchased the LK-7900. They need to rethink the form factor and size, or work on video quality some more. The Hazy day recordings and Yellow night recordings is a no no for me, but if it was more discreet then I would likely add it to the short list.

from my iP 5 via Tapa.

[/quote]

I don't think the lens is the factor, but the actual design of the hardware.[/quote]

I show off having a LUKAS in both windows while drive 80 miles a day to and from work. Among the thousands of cars on the highways I can recognize many I see from day to day and expect to be one that many see also.[/quote]

It's not always about the end result because if this was the true them we would all opt to run an HDV camcorder, so discreetness is a decision factor when looking at these cams. It's all about the objective and how you want to go about to achieve it.

The quality of the cam is pretty good, but not good enough for me to accept the size tradeoff and why I personally have not purchased the LK-7900. They need to rethink the form factor and size, or work on video quality some more. The Hazy day recordings and Yellow night recordings is a no no for me, but if it was more discreet then I would likely add it to the short list.

[/quote]

With many others and myself I don't see a worthy "trade off" if you are not getting the best quality video. I don't see any haze so I have no idea what you are referring to. Maybe it's due to the filter I use. Maybe you are showing that being able to attach a UV-Haze filter works very well. I know I like the CPL that reduces glare and actually allows me to see inside the car behind me. I sat at a red light the other day while adjusted it and was able to see the difference. It reduced the glare of the light reflecting off the other guy's windshield. Something no other camera can do. Not even your DH camcorder can do this. Too bad. ;)

To you maybe the objective is hiding the camera but to me it's not all that large an issue considering all the other features the LUKAS has. If I didn't know this then I would be using the ITB I put on the shelf.

Al Drake said:
I know I like the CPL that reduces glare and actually allows me to see inside the car behind me. I sat at a red light the other day while adjusted it and was able to see the difference. It reduced the glare of the light reflecting off the other guy's windshield. Something no other camera can do. Not even your DH camcorder can do this. Too bad.

Can I see the sample?

jamesbcd said:
Al Drake said:
I know I like the CPL that reduces glare and actually allows me to see inside the car behind me. I sat at a red light the other day while adjusted it and was able to see the difference. It reduced the glare of the light reflecting off the other guy's windshield. Something no other camera can do. Not even your DH camcorder can do this. Too bad.

Can I see the sample?

Would it do any good? I think you already have your mind make up about what you own and what you don't. There are plenty of examples already out there. All you have to do is find some you like and use them as a comparison to the best of any other cameras. I've seen some good ones and some no so good of every camera. Some people even love their DVR720. Look at all the posts in that section. I have one and will be willing to admit I was not really thinking when I bought it. That's why I got over it and moved on. I would like to see someone that actually owns a LUKAS and other cameras show me how bad that LUKAS actually is. I've even seen one poster insist the CPL would produce "rainbow" effects and show one small sample somewhere in the world and discounting all the millions of people that love the true effect of a deeper enriched colors and reduced reflection.
Would a sample posed to YouTube be good enough? I've read that people don't like what YouTube does to a video. But just for you I'll drive around this weekend and find a good sample of what you see when you own a LUKAS. I don't know where I'll post it because I've tried one place but I spent far to much time removing the spyware and Trojans it wants to place on my virgin system. Where do you post yours?

I have the Lukas. Where did I say it was a bad camera?
I was just a bit confused when you mentioned you can see inside the car behind you. Wondered what you meant and if I could see..
Youtube is fine for me, I just want to see the difference between no filter and a quality CPL filter.. as you seem to love yours.. :p

jamesbcd said:
I have the Lukas. Where did I say it was a bad camera?
I was just a bit confused when you mentioned you can see inside the car behind you. Wondered what you meant and if I could see..
Youtube is fine for me, I just want to see the difference between no filter and a quality CPL filter.. as you seem to love yours.. :p
Sorry, I wasn't really paying attention to who I was posting to. My bad. I meant I saw inside the car in front of me. I don't know what I was thinking. I realized what I said today when I was riding home form work. Sorry. Actually is doesn't make much difference except I can't reach to the back if I wanted to make any adjustments so usually I don't use a CPL on the rear camera. I also have a warming filter I slipped on today that looked rather nice. I'm sure it will look better in the fall foliage. I don't use the filters supplied with LUKAS as I know their not to notch. I have several I like made by HOYA and B&W. Maybe I can put some up on YouTube tomorrow if I have time. All I've been doing is working every other day so that doesn't leave me much to post other then just another day in rush hour traffic. I am hoping to get time to take a ride on my day off and the weather is supposed to be nice.
I thought you had an ITB. Now I realize I was simply confused. Half the time I'm sleep driving the other half I'm sleep posting.

Your not wrong, I own the ITB100-HD SP and Lukas. Sold my CR500 recently.

Back on topic though..
The ITB would be a winner for me if the bitrate could be increased.
Their support/software could be better too (one thing Lukas impressed me with). Small things like turning off the security led. MPH instead of KMPH etc. If more companies listened to their customers, their products could be so much better.
The form factor is ideal for me. Lukas is too big but I put up with it as it reads plates well.
Korean language not a problem as I turn the voice prompts anyway as I prefer the 'mount it and leave it' approach.

Hey guys, I'm new to dash cams and have a brief question. I have been doing some reading on this awesome forum and have decided to purchase either the ITB-100HD or the SP. In order to hard wire either of these units, do I just cut the cigarette lighter plug off the provided wire or do I need to purchase a specific hard wire kit. I have seen the power saver option but I do not plan on having the camera running while I am not driving. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Nova5757 said:
do I just cut the cigarette lighter plug off

I did exactly that, and hard-wired two of them on one of my cars. One in the front, one in the back. I own a pretty large sedan, but even so, I managed to hide the cable from the back one, up to the fuse box, without any additional cable.

Cutting wire will be fine if you don't plan on using parking mode. ;)

jamesbcd said:
Cutting wire will be fine if you don't plan on using parking mode. ;)

What do you mean exactly ? I am using parking mode just fine. My car battery lasts more than a week with both cams turned on.

I don't know how much power they draw but if left too long, you don't want a flat battery..

jamesbcd said:
I don't know how much power they draw but if left too long, you don't want a flat battery..

It depends on your battery. You can have a new battery with a high current rating vs. an older battery with a lower current rating. That's why it's good to use a automobile UPS. Like the standard UPS which keeps track of the state of charge and shuts down the device that is drawing the power.

kay188 said:
No.
The container is just a container. In AVI or MP4 you can put the same H264 video and the image quality will be the same and the size will be the same.
A container have nothing to do with the size (except few KB) or the video quality.
Please stop thinking and writing that non-sense.

enjoy,
Mtz

Hi all.

Does anyone have the english manual for this camera that they can post or email to me?

I searched the threads (and google), and while some people say they have the manual, it doesn't seem to be available for download anywhere.

Please let me know.

Thanks!

Many thanks!

Great camera so far..
I had relatives over in Korea last month, so I ordered it from an authorized reseller and shipped it to them.. Camera plus UPS for ~$180 US. shipped domestically (in Korea) in under 2 days for free.. :)

Hi All, thank you so much for the English version of the user manual. Was hunting high and low for it.
I just received my ITB-100HD SP from Korea couple days back and installed today, shocked to hear a sweet Korean voice command.
Voice was sweet but I don't understand..... :lol:

Is there any firmware for English speaking command?
Also having problem with their Black-box player, hear voice but no video. Although video ".avi" can be played via VLS or media player.

Hope someone can help me. Thank you.

Also any idea if it supports 32GB Class 4 SDcard? It works for me but not sure if player without video display due to this purpose.

Back