Itronics ITB-100HD Review

vibeone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had an ITB-100HD for over 4 years now I believe. Bought it via a random and risky email transaction and it came from Korea.

It hadn't missed a beat for 3 of those years, but I have started having problems with it. However, I think i've pinned it down to swapping to Sandisk Ultra cards - it seems to kill them.

Going to try Sandisk Extreme I think, or Transcend.

I thought the camera was broken, so looked for a replacement. To be honest, I can't find anything much better for less than £150. It's annoying!

I also have a lot of respect for the camera, since it was solely responsible for putting them blame firmly with the lying weasel lorry driver in this video, save me the excess and made my insurance company threaten him with court despite having no other witnesses :D

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
I've had an ITB-100HD for over 4 years now I believe. Bought it via a random and risky email transaction and it came from Korea.

It hadn't missed a beat for 3 of those years, but I have started having problems with it. However, I think i've pinned it down to swapping to Sandisk Ultra cards - it seems to kill them.

Going to try Sandisk Extreme I think, or Transcend.

I thought the camera was broken, so looked for a replacement. To be honest, I can't find anything much better for less than £150. It's annoying!

I also have a lot of respect for the camera, since it was solely responsible for putting them blame firmly with the lying weasel lorry driver in this video, save me the excess and made my insurance company threaten him with court despite having no other witnesses :D

That was quite scarry moment. I guess Video background music suits more funny videos not the accident video or it wasnt so scarry moment after all ? ;)

vibeone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That was quite scarry moment. I guess Video background music suits more funny videos not the accident video or it wasnt so scarry moment after all ? ;)
Haha it was the first YouTube audio replacement I found to hide my girly scream!

My car has done about 80k since that incident - dashcam also.

I see you are a retailer niko - what do you recommend for one of the early members here? I know my dashcams but I'm worried that it will take an amazing dashcam to better my iteonics. Maybe SPW if I can find a distro in the UK?

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Haha it was the first YouTube audio replacement I found to hide my girly scream!

My car has done about 80k since that incident - dashcam also.

I see you are a retailer niko - what do you recommend for one of the early members here? I know my dashcams but I'm worried that it will take an amazing dashcam to better my iteonics. Maybe SPW if I can find a distro in the UK?
It is hard to recommend.

Best if you open new thread here:

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/forums/what-should-i-buy.71/

and describe all your needs, then forum members can help you out.

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk

H-R

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
IBT100-HD, ITB100-SPW
@vibeone
Sandisk Ultra are considered a no-no for dashcams in general, not well suited to the constant memory (over-)writes happening with dashcams. See also here
https://www.carcamcentral.com/guide/recommended-sd-cards-avoid-sandisk-ultra-cards

I am with you on ITB-100SPW - I've been using a ITB-100HD and a SPW for several years now, and have had no issues, despite living in a hot climate. Recently I was scouring the market for a dual-channel dashcam system, but most of them either had lower temperature limits, or excessive cabling requirements. So I bought another SPW to go as rear cam.

I got all my ITBs from this Korean eBay seller (no business association, just my recommendation)
http://www.ebay.com.au/usr/themeltingstore?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2754

suparoo

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
SG9665GC V2 with 200GB SanDisk Ultra microS Card & CPL
Ooooooh! I've got an old ITB-100HD sitting in the cupboard, it just stopped recording for no reason. Maybe it stopped because of the 32 GB Sandisk Extreme SD Card I was using.
I'll have to drag it out and see what happens with a different SD card, I could then use it as my rear dash cam. :D