Itronics ITB-100HD

I'm on the cusp of buying this one, could anyone with the unit help with a couple of questions?

1. How long is the power cable - a clean install is paramount to me so I want to make sure I can wire it in without unsightly extensions.
2. The Uninterrupted Power Cable / Parking mode. Can't decide if this is good or not. Is recording triggered wholly by physical movement? (ie, as opposed to it checking the difference between captured frames and starting to record if someone walks into shot for example).
3. The manual talks about not leaving on during hot days. I'm in Australia and I currently park in the sun - maybe that alone is enough to rule out the UPC?

Keen to hear people's thoughts on it, mainly concerned about going to all the trouble of a clean install only to find that I'd prefer the other way around.

Cheers!

Pev

Could anyone answer another question regarding this cam please?

Do you think it would be able to be mounted on a vertical windscreen, i.e. truck/lorry? All the images I've seen of it are mounted on a sloping windscreen and I'm unsure whether the mounting bracket rotates enough to allow a vertical mount.

Hi Pev,

The power cable is approx 3m or 10ft long. This is usually long enough for most vehicles for a clean install.
In parking mode, video is captured for 2 reasons: Motion is sensed in front of the camera or if the G-sensor is triggered (something shakes or bumps the camera / car). Many people love this mode.
For hot days, the camera is rated for 70 degrees C. I haven't seen any complaints of this camera overheating. Will continuous high heat reduce the life expectancy of the camera? Perhaps but I guess we will have to wait and see.

Dash Cam Man

Hi bork,

This camera should be able to mounted vertically given how much the bracket rotates.

Dash Cam Man

DashCamMan said:
Pev said:
I'm on the cusp of buying this one, could anyone with the unit help with a couple of questions?

1. How long is the power cable - a clean install is paramount to me so I want to make sure I can wire it in without unsightly extensions.
2. The Uninterrupted Power Cable / Parking mode. Can't decide if this is good or not. Is recording triggered wholly by physical movement? (ie, as opposed to it checking the difference between captured frames and starting to record if someone walks into shot for example).
3. The manual talks about not leaving on during hot days. I'm in Australia and I currently park in the sun - maybe that alone is enough to rule out the UPC?

Keen to hear people's thoughts on it, mainly concerned about going to all the trouble of a clean install only to find that I'd prefer the other way around.

Cheers!

Pev

Hi Pev,

The power cable is approx 3m or 10ft long. This is usually long enough for most vehicles for a clean install.
In parking mode, video is captured for 2 reasons: Motion is sensed in front of the camera or if the G-sensor is triggered (something shakes or bumps the camera / car). Many people love this mode.
For hot days, the camera is rated for 70 degrees C. I haven't seen any complaints of this camera overheating. Will continuous high heat reduce the life expectancy of the camera? Perhaps but I guess we will have to wait and see.

Dash Cam Man

Thanks very much Dash Cam Man, very helpful, now the long wait for shipping :)

Cheers!

Pev

nash123 said:
Hey Jastar,

Did you get your camera? If so how is it so far? Thanks.

Hi. I received my camera a few weeks ago. Ordered from apple-ct. The transaction went fine and the product is very good. For me the video quality is great and I think it is well worth the money.

I read a review of the ITB-100HD where they stated that it took upwards of 20-30 seconds before it began recording after the vehicle was turned on. Is that correct?

From what I can tell, other than possibly the mic hole needing to be enlarged, this is a pretty good camera for the cost, but would like something that came on within seconds of starting.

BEric2000 said:
I read a review of the ITB-100HD where they stated that it took upwards of 20-30 seconds before it began recording after the vehicle was turned on. Is that correct?

From what I can tell, other than possibly the mic hole needing to be enlarged, this is a pretty good camera for the cost, but would like something that came on within seconds of starting.

Unfortunatly I can confirm that the startup takes about 25seconds. at least my cam does. i heard others saying it's qiucker but it might have to do with the gps fix. which would be stupid because i want it to record even is the fix is not there yet.
other than that the camera is great (i have it installed since last week thursday)

Vince33 said:
Unfortunatly I can confirm that the startup takes about 25seconds. at least my cam does. i heard others saying it's qiucker but it might have to do with the gps fix. which would be stupid because i want it to record even is the fix is not there yet.
other than that the camera is great (i have it installed since last week thursday)

Thanks

What does the "uninterrupted power supply" do? What is that? Do I need it? How does it work?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ITRONICS-ITB-100HD-8GB-FULL-HD-GPS-CAR-BLACK-BOX-DRIVE-VEHICLE-RECORDER-DVR-NEW-/121008200057

I don't want the camera to suck out all the juice on my battery since I park on the street and there will be constant motion detection occurring. So is this like a portable battery I can use instead of using my car's battery?

Also, I will have this camera and another camera in my car, total 2 front 1 rear, will that suck out all the juice in my car battery or should I just stick with one?

I was rear-ended and insurance did not pay for my total loss because they claimed I hit the person in front of me first before the assh0le behind me hit me, so a dual camera is a MUST for me, but this one doesn't have the nice 1080p and very good night vision as the ITRONICS, so I want both.

http://dashcamtalk.com/i1000-f70/

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi impreza2013,

The uninterrupted power supply is used if you hardwire the camera into your car so that you can use parking mode. If the voltage of the car battery drops too low, it will turn off the dash cam. If the camera has been running in parking mode for an extended period (upto 48 hours), it will turn off the camera. You could hardwire the camera without this device with the risk of draining your battery. If you are not hardwiring this camera (i.e. plug it into the cigarette lighter), you don't need this.

2 ITB-100HD will have much better quality then the i1000/f70. Also the ITB-100HD comes with a parking mode, the i1000/f70 doesn't.

Dash Cam Man

Back