JAEWONCNC IROAD IONE-3800FU

SecretService04ny

New Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2013
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Location
North East
Country
United States
FlyingPanMan said:
Mind You, if you point it down you wont capture any meteorites like they did in Russia... a question of priorities? :)

FlyingPanMan
I agree with this point of view also!
 

Mtz

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2012
Messages
3,694
Reaction score
2,085
Location
Nice place
Country
Romania
Dash Cam
Viofo A119. WR1. SGGCX2. GitUp.
Strange thing for me, I found this camera on another dashcam factory site, the Innotek Korea which is producing also the Smart-I I3500 HD.
Maybe Innotek have just one dashcam and posted links with other dashcams made by JaewonCNC just to show people they have some experience?

enjoy,
Mtz
 
Last edited by a moderator:

1337rice

New Member
Joined
May 3, 2013
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada
Hey everyone.
I bought mine from Green-sum, but unfortunately, before I even got a chance to use it...the memory slot is broken, and the screw is missing.
Green-sum said I could send the camera for exchange or repairs, but does anyone think that this is worth it? This camera has costed me more than $200+ after taxes. Sending it back just means more money down the drain.

Has anyone ever tried to open it up? The memory card slot "seems" easy to fix. The screw, on the other hand, seems to be a bit harder to find.
Help?

I already got the ITRONICS ITB-100HD since I already have no intention of sending this back. Maybe I can somehow fix this and use it as a rear camera.
 

murathoca

New Member
Joined
May 4, 2013
Messages
26
Reaction score
1
Country
Turkey
Dash Cam
GS1000 MagicEye HD50G v4.36
I think this forum saved my life! I was thinking of buying one. I sent two messages to two separate vendors. It's been two days and no replies yet. I'm now thinking some vendors are fake/fraud (?). Or they try to deceive buyers(?). Why do I think this way? Have you seen the videos of this device on YouTube? They are crispy night and day. But those which are/were bought are not the same as the ones on YouTube. Have you ever seen a video with speed info on the screen? I haven't. I'm pissed a bit. Sorry for that.
 

murathoca

New Member
Joined
May 4, 2013
Messages
26
Reaction score
1
Country
Turkey
Dash Cam
GS1000 MagicEye HD50G v4.36
I have received the answers at last. Two different sellers (!).

First one said:

Hello, this is *********************, the eBay seller.
First of all, we would like to say thank you for your interest. We will always make our best efforts to support you.

The GPS related information is only available on the dedicated viewer.

Hope the answer above helps you. We are looking forward to have a good business chance with you.
Thank you.

Best regards,
*********************

Second one said:

Hello, this is *********************, the eBay seller.
First of all, we would like to say thank you for your interest. We will always make our best efforts to support you.

GPS related information only available with the manufacturer's viewer.

Hope the answer above helps you. We are looking forward to have a good business chance with you.
Thank you.

Best regards,
*********************

So, this DVR does not print the speed info on the video while recording. You have to use the "dedicated" viewer. Bah! If there is an accident and you want to show the footage to the police or someone else, only the footage will not be enough to see the speed. I don't like the idea. I would expect to see the speed info on screen while watching the video for a DVR at this price and with those specs.
 

Swordfish

Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2013
Messages
192
Reaction score
4
Location
Manila
Country
Philippines
I think what they're telling you is you need the viewer to see where you are on the map. You should be able to see your speed on the video using a regular video player.

Sent from my Galaxy Note
 

Mtz

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2012
Messages
3,694
Reaction score
2,085
Location
Nice place
Country
Romania
Dash Cam
Viofo A119. WR1. SGGCX2. GitUp.
murathoca said:
So, this DVR does not print the speed info on the video while recording. You have to use the "dedicated" viewer. Bah! If there is an accident and you want to show the footage to the police or someone else, only the footage will not be enough to see the speed. I don't like the idea. I would expect to see the speed info on screen while watching the video for a DVR at this price and with those specs.
Any measured data like speed, time or GPS position is not accepted in the court. So even you will have them on your recorded video, will not help you.
The measured evidences must be obtained with an government approved product. These dashcams are like a toys for them. Be happy if the court will accept your video.

The reason is simple: I can fake the speed, time and GPS coordinates printed on the video. So what if a man will go to prison because I fake these dates?

I always saying: GPS is just for fun. Is just a selling point for the people which expect some miracles from GPS.

enjoy,
Mtz
 

niko

Well-Known Member
Retailer
Joined
May 1, 2013
Messages
10,604
Reaction score
6,492
Location
Dublin
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
I agree with MTZ regarding gps speed and positioning.
Tested many dvr with gps and all of them showed wrong speed data ( +/- 5% ) compared to car digital dash depending on what satellites they are using: sirf 3 or sirf 4. Even positioning was up to 50 m wrong from incar satnav ( tomtom, garmin ).
In many cases exposing you speed on video to police will work against you, because lets be hones even most careful driver can "accidentally" overspeef by 2-3 km/h and this info on video will work against you. So lets forget gps as "must be" option on car dvr-s, it is useless promo trick ( in my opinion ).
 

Swordfish

Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2013
Messages
192
Reaction score
4
Location
Manila
Country
Philippines
The GPS feature lets me take note of points of interest that are otherwise absent in my vehicle's built-in navigation system -- really useful. Plus, it's fun! :ugeek:
 

MyCarcam

New Member
Retailer
Joined
May 9, 2013
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Location
Breda
Country
Netherlands
Hi guys,

I have been reading all 13 pages including all comments. I am starting a webshop in Holland, and we were looking for a good quality supplier to stand above the chinese poor quality. Somehow we chose Jaewon. You can visit the site including 3 types (IONE-900HD, IONE-3300CH, IONE-3800FU) on my website here: www.mycarcam.nl.

Tomorrow i will be testing all three camera's at day and night time. Of course i will share my experiences with you! From what I have seen now on my 'freestyle' tests is that the IONE-900HD seem to have better quality at 720P than the IONE-3800FU at 1080P. Will keep you updated! Just hoping the results aren't disappointing, since I haven't read too many positive reactions above... :(

Good night for now!

Greetings,

Mark
 

Mtz

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2012
Messages
3,694
Reaction score
2,085
Location
Nice place
Country
Romania
Dash Cam
Viofo A119. WR1. SGGCX2. GitUp.
As I already wrote, you should read this topic before contacting Jaewon. And the DCT camera comparison, which is correct.

enjoy,
Mtz
 

ey_vaz

New Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2013
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Country
United Kingdom
I had very poor video quality as I mentioned on my previous posts. Since I have been using a new SD card the video quality has improved significantly. Ill share the videos
 

buserror

New Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2013
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
UK
first post here. I am a real user, not a fake one from one vendor or the other trying to boost/badmouth products.

I received one of these. it took 50 days to arrive, the vendor "green-sum" speaks chinglish, and is rather completely useless. Camera arrived with Korean "manual" and korean firmware. Very cute. ahem. Also, I had to pay 30% taxes/imports/whatever to get it, so if I were you, I'd skip.

Technical.y, first tries are generally positives, I posted a quick "raw video" there: https://plus.google.com/111387094029238 ... 91gaEET1Rz

I haven't managed to configure the camera yet. Stupid "windoze" software, and I use OSX and linux.

A few things of note:
+ Quality is very good when the camera is cold, it degrades as the camera heats up (it does get very hot, ignore the "metal chassis" blurb in the doc, it's bollocks). I removed the plastic "endstops" to make a bit more airways, and that seems to help a bit. I think I could remove some other bits of useless casing and improve that a bit more.
+ Quality is very good if there are no vibrations (ie, stopped or slow speed). I think it's configured too "sharp", so the encoder has lots of problems when there are high frequency vibrations, like for example when you'd have a dashcam taped on a piece of windscreen. Doh. They'd have overall MUCH better quality if they'd lowered the picture sharpness. The result is rather sub-par quality at higher speed (70mph) even tho I'm /sure/ it could cope better.
+ I had some "pixelisation" issues, but only really in extreme cases, when driving thru trees for example. I'd consider that "pretty normal"

More later as I continue testing...
 
Last edited by a moderator:

jokiin

Well-Known Member
Manufacturer
Joined
Jan 27, 2013
Messages
50,016
Reaction score
28,251
Location
Sydney, Australia ~ Shenzhen, China
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
buserror said:
I received one of these. it took 50 days to arrive, the vendor "green-sum" speaks chinglish, and is rather completely useless. .
interesting considering the amount of promoting this seller has been getting lately about being an 'official supplier' if this is typical I can see people sticking with places like Apple-CT that has quite a good reputation on here

buserror said:
A few things of note:
+ Quality is very good when the camera is cold, it degrades as the camera heats up (it does get very hot, ignore the "metal chassis" blurb in the doc, it's bollocks). I removed the plastic "endstops" to make a bit more airways, and that seems to help a bit. I think I could remove some other bits of useless casing and improve that a bit more.
+ Quality is very good if there are no vibrations (ie, stopped or slow speed). I think it's configured too "sharp", so the encoder has lots of problems when there are high frequency vibrations, like for example when you'd have a dashcam taped on a piece of windscreen. Doh. They'd have overall MUCH better quality if they'd lowered the picture sharpness. The result is rather sub-par quality at higher speed (70mph) even tho I'm /sure/ it could cope better.
+ I had some "pixelisation" issues, but only really in extreme cases, when driving thru trees for example. I'd consider that "pretty normal"

More later as I continue testing...
not sure about the heat but this is a common complaint with TI based cameras, not all suffer this issue though so I think there's more to than just being a TI issue

the sub par quality at speed my first thought was it's a mount issue, then I checked your link and noticed you mention it being temporarily mounted, very consistent with this issue, mount it solidly and that problem should be fixed

the pixelisation in high contrast situations is typical if the bitrate is low, have you looked at what the rate is on these recordings? I couldn't download your raw video to check it myself, could barely view it actually, was just buffering all the time
 

niko

Well-Known Member
Retailer
Joined
May 1, 2013
Messages
10,604
Reaction score
6,492
Location
Dublin
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
buserror said:
first post here. I am a real user, not a fake one from one vendor or the other trying to boost/badmouth products.

I received one of these. it took 50 days to arrive, the vendor "green-sum" speaks chinglish, and is rather completely useless. Camera arrived with Korean "manual" and korean firmware. Very cute. ahem. Also, I had to pay 30% taxes/imports/whatever to get it, so if I were you, I'd skip.

Technical.y, first tries are generally positives, I posted a quick "raw video" there: https://plus.google.com/111387094029238 ... 91gaEET1Rz

I haven't managed to configure the camera yet. Stupid "windoze" software, and I use OSX and linux.

A few things of note:
+ Quality is very good when the camera is cold, it degrades as the camera heats up (it does get very hot, ignore the "metal chassis" blurb in the doc, it's bollocks). I removed the plastic "endstops" to make a bit more airways, and that seems to help a bit. I think I could remove some other bits of useless casing and improve that a bit more.
+ Quality is very good if there are no vibrations (ie, stopped or slow speed). I think it's configured too "sharp", so the encoder has lots of problems when there are high frequency vibrations, like for example when you'd have a dashcam taped on a piece of windscreen. Doh. They'd have overall MUCH better quality if they'd lowered the picture sharpness. The result is rather sub-par quality at higher speed (70mph) even tho I'm /sure/ it could cope better.
+ I had some "pixelisation" issues, but only really in extreme cases, when driving thru trees for example. I'd consider that "pretty normal"

More later as I continue testing...
To minimize shaking of this IONE-3800FU due to strange bracket mounting solution being on the side of the camera, I cut L-shape plastic and added it as an additional support on the opposite side of dash cam, one side of L-shape with double sided tape to the dash cam body, other side from L-shape to the windshield. Hope you know what I mean how I did it ? ( Sorry, dont have any pictures taken about this DIY mounting solution )
 
Last edited by a moderator:

nayr14

New Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2013
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
US
I purchased this camera off eBay from the seller green-sum. It looks like they are an 'authorized seller.'

This is my first dash camera, I use to run a mini-itx computer in my car with a touch screen where my radio use to be and a microsoft web cam for a dash camera. That worked pretty well (not too great but cheap).

Here is a video directly taken off from my unit:

http://files.codpub.com/data/00289_2013 ... 2628_N.avi

That's with the new firmware flashed and the highest settings. I have the blurry results when I remove the camera from the car and record other things. It worked great at close range, but objects further than 20ft became very blurry. I sent the camera back and I'm receiving a replacement shortly. There was another user that complained about blurryness too, so I hope this is an isolated incident.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

buserror

New Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2013
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
UK
Mine is considerably sharper than that. Mind you, it's "excellent" when cold. and degrades considerably when hot, but overall. even when hot it looks better than yours.

Here's a link of what I get from mine, in overcast daylight: http://oomz.net/p/04022_20130621_014054_N.avi

And one at night, on a bumpy road, thru a windshield that has about 1/2 of population of insect of the country splattered on (after 3 hours driving) http://oomz.net/p/04668_20130621_071158_E.avi <- thats xenon beams, mostly.

The camera is still taped on, so still wobbly a bit.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

buserror

New Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2013
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
UK
To improve their camera, they need to up the datarate a bit (done) but also slightly reduce the sharpness. It's really looks 'oversharpened' to me, and that compresses really badly. If they reduced the sharpness, they'd get probably more overall gain in motion compression than upping the datarate...
 

BeButton

Member
Retailer
Joined
Jun 16, 2013
Messages
35
Reaction score
4
Location
London
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
VicoVation, Cowon, JaewonCNC, Iroad, BlackVue
JAEWONCNC IROAD IONE-3800FU -UK STOCK

JAEWONCNC IROAD IONE-3800FU, IONE900HD, IONE-3300CH ENGLISH VERSION & UK STOCK!
VISIT http://www.iroadione.co.uk / http://www.bebutton.com


Models available for purchase & immediate dispatch:


IROAD IONE-3800FU 16GB - £135 inc Free UK Delivery
See IROAD IONE-3800FU video quality here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGoHlPRyKrc


IROAD IONE-900HD 16GB - £90 inc Free UK Delivery
See IROAD IONE-900HD video quality here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwhP0j92vF8

Coming soon:
IROAD IONE-3300CH - £130 inc Free UK Delivery
IROAD IONE-290V 8GB - £75 inc Free UK Delivery

Express International Postage Available on all items.
All prices are inclusive of VAT.

HOW TO PAY?
PayPal
We currently accept payments via PayPal. You can purchase products through shopping cart or in 1-click using the PayPal button. Paypal account is required.

Credit/Debit Card
We accept credit/ debit card payments. You can purchase items online through shopping cart. Your payment will be processed securely and automatically by PayPal. Your card details are not stored by us at any times or visible to us. Paypal account is not required to pay by credit/debit card.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top