Jaywalker Almost Gets Hit By a Car!

Crazy old ladies always have the right of way! Isn't that in your driver's handbook too?

KuoH

The really crazy thing about it is she didn't even break stride when the white car had to swerve to miss her. :eek:

Oh my god! That crazy old bat must have a death wish for sure!
Did you see? She actually waited a bit... for more traffic to come! :eek:

and in the slow-mo replay, it almost looked like she was reaching for the door handle to try to get into the lexus!
I thought she maybe trying to slap the car as if to somehow 'punish' the driver?

Hmmm , perhaps she does not have a gas oven at home ?

That took me strait back to my school days where we did the same for fun, on a 3 lane road with more dense traffic :rolleyes: took off a mirror with my body once and that dident even stop me.

I have no idea why one of us dident get killed, or cars crashed for that matter :rolleyes: stupid kids :oops:

Hmmm , perhaps she does not have a gas oven at home ?
No excuse.
electrocuted.jpg

Driver reacted like a monster was there. :D

Lol right... "You didn't hit me like you were supposed to so now I'll hit you instead!" :p
I get it sometimes with joggers on narrow country lanes. A vehicle is coming towards me so I can't pull around the jogger. I can't pull away from the grass verge either. the only way for them is to stop & step onto the grass verge or wait for traffic to pass so I can move around them. They somehow feel that I'm totally at fault :confused:

Wow. Is that real life?!

The Lexus driver over reacted. The woman knew exactly what she was doing, if the Lexus driver had just carried on at the same speed it wouldn't have been a problem. People cross like that all the time.

The Lexus driver over reacted. The woman knew exactly what she was doing, if the Lexus driver had just carried on at the same speed it wouldn't have been a problem. People cross like that all the time.

I think your right from her perspective but from a drivers point of view, if he thought she was off her trolly she could have just as easily ended up in walking in front of the car, had she been a lunatic and he didn't try to avoid her he would have been done for it. even though it was an over reaction, better to edge on the side of caution, wiping someone out because he assumed she would miss the car would really have ruined his day

if there's a shoulder or empty lane next to you to give the unpredictable lunatic a safety buffer, DO IT. sure, the lexus wouldn't have hit her if it had gone straight, but what if the crazy lady had decided to break into a run? boom - no more safety margin. in the short time the lexus had to react to the situation, its driver did the right thing because he/she had no way of knowing what the lunatic was going to do.

The woman may have known what she was doing, but she was creating a dangerous situation where an accident barely doesn't happen. There was no margin for error and a driver should never trust the judgment of a person who deliberately creates a dangerous situation. I have to put up with this BS quite often. E.g.
  • Drivers edging out of sideroads in front of me. Do I trust that they've seen me and are timing it right? No, I'm forced to slow down which messes up their calculations and we both grind to a halt!
  • Parked cars opening their doors in front of me. Can I assume it's safe to continue along my path without hitting the door? No, I'm forced to move out suddenly, often into the oncoming lane!
  • Oncoming cyclists overtaking on the wrong side of the road. Can I assume it's safe for me to move over to make room for them? No, because there's another retarded cyclist overtaking me on the inside!!!
I could go on. The point is that just because a person believes their risky behaviour is safe, it doesn't mean other people with different perspective can know it's safe, so they are forced to take evasive action. So this kind of behaviour is selfish and dangerous. It is not acceptable.

Funnily enough, I had this happen yesterday.

Not a major drama, but it thoroughly sickens me how many pedestrians not only think they can walk into the road irresponsibly, but they arrogantly do so in a casual manner (i.e. slowly) not caring if they force motorists (who have priority) to slow down.

I wonder if this guy knew what he was doing. His judgement seemed to improve after I honked my horn.

Back