jokiin's A2S60 Dash Cam (GS1000 Based)

Mikk36 said:
Mtz said:
You can sort the files on PC based on date.
You can use Registrator Viewer to watch the files and help you about the date.

enjoy,
Mtz
On a computer, of course. Thought he wasn't talking about watching them on a computer.

I was sorry should of been a little more clear. I did mean on a PC
For my DVR-027 I like being able pop my SD in my card reader go OK something happened today at 15:23 drag the corresponding file to my video editor cut what i want and be set

I was looking around in Registrator Viewer and it seems like i need to change a few settings but i see it can be done that way. (Load up the directory and uncheck group clips)
I'll have to play around with it a little and see how it works.

jokiin said:
I have a customer that likes to archive his recordings daily and he actually scripted a small program to autmatically rename the files based on time and date, not something the camera does but was a worthwhile mod for someone that likes to keep all their footage

That sounds really cool. It would be neat to be able to keep all the footage, but i would imagine he has some serious space. I keep just things that are interesting and have quite a few gigs of space invested already.

jokiin said:
having to run in 720p mode to avoid overheating doesn't sound good though, I run at 1080p and 15MB/sec bitrate and never have issues with overheating even through the hottest of summer days

Quality takes a hit, but it is not horrible. I have not had any of the other problems fellow GS8000 owners have mentioned. I like the form factor. I like the screen. The GPS has been working well, but in 1080P it gets warm quickly even on cooler days. It will be hot to the touch with small lines though the video and sometimes a double vision issue from the heat and stop recording. In 720P everything is ok and i don't want to go through the hassle of returning it.

Video from your camera looks great jokiin and i know it gets rather hot out your way and it stands up well so i can't wait for you to hopefully be able to release it internationally.

CheckYourLights said:
That sounds really cool. It would be neat to be able to keep all the footage, but i would imagine he has some serious space. I keep just things that are interesting and have quite a few gigs of space invested already.

I've got some people that rely heavily on their license for their living so like to archive the footage in case something comes up (camera tickets can take weeks to turn up sometimes) so I can see why they want to keep the footage, in Australia it's possible to lose your license with a single ticket under some circumstances, granted that's not something that happens every day but I understand why they're interested in storing footage, hard drives are cheap these days so not too expensive in the scheme of things

jokiin said:
I've got some people that rely heavily on their license for their living

I know someone who does as well and I try to talk them into getting a camera every once in awhile, but they are not to fond of the idea.

CheckYourLights said:
jokiin said:
I've got some people that rely heavily on their license for their living

I know someone who does as well and I try to talk them into getting a camera every once in awhile, but they are not to fond of the idea.

for heavy vehicles the fines can run up into the thousands here, scary stuff, one of the guys that does some beta testing for me is sometimes behind the wheel of this https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 2290_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate to keep getting off topic jokiin but wow. I have herd of those road trains but never seen one.
We have a few over sized loads like a small model house or long beams or these like two mini
http://oi45.tinypic.com/1pe6o7.jpg
but nothing like that.

The other day again i was watching a video where someone takes their car to the dealership for service and the mechanic was playing race car. So a a concept that might seem a little goofy popped into my head.

What if the Camera could have what i guess you could call a Valet mode? before handing your car over to a mechanic or valet hold lets say hold the up or down menu key for 3 seconds and that would disable the blinking recording light and keep the screen from coming on when any keys are pressed until you hold the same key again to turn the mode off.
That way no recording lights would blink and if someone bumped it or tried to play with buttons the screen wouldn't come up so they might think it is off or possibly not notice it since no light is blinking.

Not sure how achievable that is but I think there's merit to the valet mode idea, would be a good feature I think

CheckYourLights said:
The other day again i was watching a video where someone takes their car to the dealership for service and the mechanic was playing race car. So a a concept that might seem a little goofy popped into my head.

What if the Camera could have what i guess you could call a Valet mode? before handing your car over to a mechanic or valet hold lets say hold the up or down menu key for 3 seconds and that would disable the blinking recording light and keep the screen from coming on when any keys are pressed until you hold the same key again to turn the mode off.
That way no recording lights would blink and if someone bumped it or tried to play with buttons the screen wouldn't come up so they might think it is off or possibly not notice it since no light is blinking.
Why not keep the camera in that setting all the time?

Mikk36 said:
Why not keep the camera in that setting all the time?

For me because at least on my GS8000 if it freezes it won't blink anymore and i will know something is wrong. I also record as much as possible and leave it on with the car off and the light lets me know that auto off is set correctly or if the plug has come loose from my lighter and the camera turns off from running out of battery.

Hey jokiin

I'm selling my MPGIO Grandview so I will order 1x A2S60 from you if thats OK, location is Adelaide - SA. I will use this for rear, since my TF2+ will be front. Let me know how I pay etc, I can pay today if need be...

Cheers

Jokiin how is it going with the night sample ?

jokiin said:
Milamber said:
Found it! It's a DATAKAM G6

Video here:

It's not a G6, close but not the same

Is the nighttime quality and brightness similar to this? Or is it brighter/darker ....more detail?

from my iP 5 via Tapa.

Night video Jokiin!

Night video !! :p

Tommy said:
Night video Jokiin!

Night video !! :p

Yeah I'll get to it, have been busy with other stuff, it's not as good as I want it to be but it's something that's scheduled for some attention after our next firmware release which is due in another week or so

Just wondering, why is this GS1000-based topic not in the GSxxxx subforum?

Mikk36 said:
Just wondering, why is this GS1000-based topic not in the GSxxxx subforum?

not sure but it was split from another topic in this section and renamed at the time

Please may I ask how this camera would compare to an Itronics ITB-100HD?

I believe night time recording might not be as good (not an issue to me), but how else does it stack up quality wise?

Does the higher bitrate make this a better option? Is there anything it is missing :?

Thanks.

Itronics does better at night, the night result is something we are working to improve, our day result though I feel is far better already

Not bad but the light poles and what not seem to have missed frames and don't show a wide enough angle like with most fish eye lense. Most car accidents come in from the sides when turning into lanes. The one I have if I'm turning left I can see quite a fair way to the left on the video where your one its blocked off.

Not bad for a gs1000 but probably the norm with these. The gs1000's are not that good at night either like many I know have discovered.
Have you uploaded any night time footage like around midnight ?

Back