Junsun s100 always stays on?

neigon

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Im new to the world of dashcams so sorry if i sound a bit stupid. I have purchased the Junsun s100 and it came with two hardwire connectors to connect to the fuse box (and 3rd earth wire to be secured on the chasis). The red one was to be placed on an item that will be enabled when the igniton is started. So i placed that on the rear wiper (15a) and I the yellow connector was to be connected to something that will always have a constant source (guessing to keep the date and time settings) so i placed that on the hazard lights fuse (15a). Seems to work fine but the camera is always on even when the car is off. Question is; is this camera meant to be on even when the car is turned off? Just dont want my battery to die..

Attachments

• 57812184486__25D15A8D-C699-4AB8-8DE8-D403DEC9F185.JPG
    57812184486__25D15A8D-C699-4AB8-8DE8-D403DEC9F185.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 4
The cam should be powering down when you turn the car off. Some cars have time-delayed circuits, can you operate the rear wiper after switching off? If not then try swapping where the red and yellow wires connect, as hardwire kits can be color-coded both ways.

Phil

Your rear wiper may not work when the car is off, but the fuse may still be live. Try another accessory fuse or test your current fuse tap with a multi meter.

I really should have used a multi meter.. changed to another connection and seems to go off on its own now. But gotta say was pretty impressed that it managed to record 24hrs a day without it draining the battery. Thanks for the help all

Back