Just ordered the DC from Amazon UK

Stonecold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This will be a replacement for a Blackvue DR650S, video quality from samples won me over, just need parking mode with CellinkB integration and it would be perfect.

Excited to try it out.

parking mode will come once we get the hardwire lead sorted, it could work with the Cellink Neo, not familiar enough with the Cellink B to know if that would also work

Well it arrived - box was a bit battered anu PSU appears to be broken ??

I'm hoping this is not normal.

20180322_130952.jpg20180322_144818.jpg

Looks like FBA handling mistake.
I will send you a new charger tomorrow.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Argh :rolleyes:

Too bad you guys dont have Danish postal level, they will never and have never broken or damaged a parcel, its always some one else if you ask them.
"end irony" :giggle:

WOW that's got to be some kind of record, within 30 mins of reporting the issue a new charger is arranged - top marks for service :)

UK postal service is generally very good - there are a couple of couriers that just don't care but the Royal Mail (who delivered this) is usually great - The outer box from Amazon had no damage so I assume it was thrown about it the Amazon warehouse.

Yeah a possibility too.
The TOP Gear episode where the race a letter from the south UK to the North, here you could do that on a bicycle and still win ( 5 days )
Anyway a minor inconvenience and Niko will have a new PSU in the mail shortly.
Still never fun when you cant just whip out that new toy and start using it.

Not an issue as my new car just left the factory today - still a week to wait until it arrives here :)

The new reinforced metal area is where the old unit sheared :)

niko said to keep the oldone for spares so I bodged it together with gaffer tape to power up the unit and upgrade to latest firmware / sync GPS time. Picture quality looks very good.

niko said to keep the oldone for spares so I bodged it together with gaffer tape to power up the unit and upgrade to latest firmware / sync GPS time. Picture quality looks very good.

if you wanted to hardwire to a switch source it's still fine for that, we often cut the plugs off just for that purpose anyway

if you wanted to hardwire to a switch source it's still fine for that, we often cut the plugs off just for that purpose anyway
Will have to wait until car arrives and see what's free on the fusebox (and where it is?)

Back