K2S dual channel fullHD 1080P hidden recording system

Nigel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Gitup F1, A129, B1W, B2W
I've only seen PD output over Type C, not USB-A
Maybe this is only 9V and is QC but is providing more current than it should for QC. I think USB PD would use 12/18V for 24W.

Maybe a USB Type C output would be preferable? After all, it is probably not for a dashcam, no dashcam needs 24W of power!

Leonauto

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Dash Cam
StreetStorm A7810-G_Pro, Ausdom A261, B1W, Viofo A119 PRO
Maybe this is only 9V and is QC but is providing more current than it should for QC. I think USB PD would use 12/18V for 24W.

Maybe a USB Type C output would be preferable? After all, it is probably not for a dashcam, no dashcam needs 24W of power!
Indeed, the labels are not completely clear, perhaps 24W is the total power of the adapter 12V>5V over two ports (5V * 2.4A*2 ports)
*2.4 Amps - the maximum current allowed by the specification of USB-2.0
For Power Delivery according to the specification provides a power of 27 watts.

And the inscription QC may have meant simply fast charging in the sense that it has high power... or maybe just Quantity of Charging :p
...and these are just ports for the convenience of users to which additional gadgets can be connected, and the main port is a cigarette lighter socket, which is controlled by switches

Last edited:

Nigel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Gitup F1, A129, B1W, B2W
And the inscription QC may have meant simply fast charging in the sense that it has high power... or maybe just Quantity of Charging :p
You wouldn't put 24W over a standard USB cable without increasing the voltage above 5V, so it must have some protocol, either QC or USB-PD or both.

I've only seen PD output over Type C, not USB-A
I think since version 2 of USB-PD, it has required a USB Type C cable, and version 1 wasn't very popular since QC came first.

jokiin

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
could be, anyone that uses Qualcomm QC generally takes advantage of the QC registered trademark logo on their product

OP
Rayman.Chan

Rayman.Chan

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
mini0806, mini0806S, mini0903/0905, mini0906, mini0808
the two USB-A sockets have seperate DC-DC circult so they will not affect each other. ( there are some dual USB port charger, if you use the Quick Charge port only you can get 9v/12v, but if you use both ports then you will get both 5V on both ports).

the bottom charging USB socket support DCP protocol and MAX current 3A but we limit it to 2A for heating reason.
the top USB socket support DCP/QC2.0/QC3.0/PE1.1/PE2.0/FCP/SCP/AFC/SFCP protocol which can output MAX 12V2A when the car engine on (input more than 13V).

if we use a entry level Synchronous Buck converter for USB-PD, it can only output 12V 2.5A on a 12V accumulator car when engine on. (20V2A available for 24V truck.)
Of course if we choose a buck-boost controller for PD, it can output 20V5A while 12V input, but the cost will be much higher, both on the power device and Emark USB-C to USB-C cable.

most our consumers are 12V car user, so we think it is not a difficult choice between QC 12V2A and PD 12V2.5A.

for a cell phone re-charging in car, I think most quick charging cell phone are 18W, only few new phones can achieve >30W with a wall charger.
for a power bank re-charging, I think most guy would like to recharge at home not in car, but only a temporary measure.

what is your thought?

Last edited:

SawMaster

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
G1W-S, G1W-HC, G1W clone, B1W, N2 Pro, K2S, B2W, (ex Mobius)
What would be the point of using this instead of the OBD2 port for the K2S system?
Older vehicles don't have an OBD port, like my 91 workvan or someone's restored vintage car they want to use this cam in. The OBD port might be placed where a plug would get in the way like my old Buick was. And the port might be in use for something else.

With the multiple output ports on this I can see a lot of folks using it and not just for this cam alone. I'll probably be getting this myself as it will clean up the mess of my current cam power system which is beginning to look like a pile of spaghetti and isn't working as well as I'd like it to.

Phil

OP
Rayman.Chan

Rayman.Chan

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
for 24V power input 18V or 20V is OK, for 12V car a buck converter can only output MAX 12V while driving. (0.5V pressure drop on 13.X V generator)

OP
Rayman.Chan

Rayman.Chan

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
Indeed, the labels are not completely clear, perhaps 24W is the total power of the adapter 12V>5V over two ports (5V * 2.4A*2 ports)
*2.4 Amps - the maximum current allowed by the specification of USB-2.0
For Power Delivery according to the specification provides a power of 27 watts.

...and these are just ports for the convenience of users to which additional gadgets can be connected, and the main port is a cigarette lighter socket, which is controlled by switches
it is QuickCharge 24W + USB 10W on different ports.
in fact, a buck-boost controller can output PD 100W (20V 5A) with Emark cable. (we ever used that 100W chip in the failed Power Kit project)
and all the output ports (cigar socket, QC USB, 5V USB) are controlled by switches.

OP
Rayman.Chan

Rayman.Chan

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
I think since version 2 of USB-PD, it has required a USB Type C cable, and version 1 wasn't very popular since QC came first.
MAX capacity:
standard USB-A connector deliver 1.5A (no matter voltage)
wide pins USB-A connector deliver 2A
double-row pins USB-A connector deliver 3A (appear in some local cell phones, like OPPO and other)
standard UBS-C (typeC) deliver 3A with common C-C cable
standard UBS-C (typeC) deliver 5A with Emark C-C cable