K2S dual channel fullHD 1080P hidden recording system

I think Michael_K answered some of his own question. According to Wikipedia "The OBD-II standard specifies the type of diagnostic connector and its pinout, the electrical signalling protocols available, and the messaging format. It also provides a candidate list of vehicle parameters to monitor along with how to encode the data for each. " and also: "The SAE J1962 specification provides for two standardized hardware interfaces, called type A and type B. Both are female, 16-pin (2x8), D-shaped connectors, and both have a groove between the two rows of pins, but type B's groove is interrupted in the middle. This prevents the insertion of a type A male plug into a type B female socket while allowing a type B male plug to be inserted into a type A female socket."

So an OBD-II "B" plug will fit all vehicles. Where differences are is that with the pins, the source of data can differ as well as the data format. Thus an OBD-II adapter might have a few different versions depending on what the cars sold in different areas most commonly use there. Regional marketing keeps this sorted out. Using an adapter not meant for your area might give full, limited, or no functionality depending on your car. Even with the variations, I think most US cars will have the same "tach" function and the same pin which allows monitoring car voltage.

My old bus uses OBD-1, a completely different game and much more individualistic in nature, with entirely different connectors.

Phil

Just amazed that they supply cam cables long enough to completely reach from the rear to the front of my van :D And according to the manual, this thing is chock-full of nice features, with nice accessories available too. Hope this all works out as good as it seems it will :cool: Onward Beta Testers!

Phil

To quote Shakespeare.
"Once more unto the breach"
That's from Henry V if you are not familiar with stuff like that,,,,, just don't ask me why i know, cuz i never seen a opera or a theater play, but in school i did play the part of Hamlet one year when our class set up a play for our parents.
I have also played Aladdin's father and one of Robin Hoods merry men.
I blame my highly selective and weird brain for picking up nuggets like that.

And no i can not recall much of the 27 A4 pages with just the lines for my role as Hamlet,,,,, i did stall once.

At least i cant recall anything from " that Scottish play"

Q1 i think, the guys havent been draggin their feet with other products i have been involved with in testing.

Yeah more rough than the 0906 was when i was in on that one.

But / me eternal optimist.

Yeah more rough than the 0906 was when i was in on that one.

But / me eternal optimist.
minis series was marketing it self very well in N America befoer ! now they lost it toViofo ,because Viofo doing more marketing and have own store in US!

Yes the Chinese need to get their products out from behind the great wall, in general i don't purchase things out there i cant fix myself if they go wrong or are so cheap i can just go o well.
If i was able to pick up more things within the EU and get the buyer protection i am entitled to there i would probably buy more things.
And i always recommend people to buy local if they can, the extra cost of a few dollars over shopping in China can well spent if you encounter a problem with a product.

Yes the Chinese need to get their products out from behind the great wall, in general i don't purchase things out there i cant fix myself if they go wrong or are so cheap i can just go o well.
If i was able to pick up more things within the EU and get the buyer protection i am entitled to there i would probably buy more things.
And i always recommend people to buy local if they can, the extra cost of a few dollars over shopping in China can well spent if you encounter a problem with a product.
you are 100% right.

Just got my beta unit running yesterday evening at dusk, and I'm impressed with what it does in low light conditions. With it nearly dark the rear cam actually looked better than the front with headlights :) It took some learning but the menu is pretty easy to work with too.

Phil

Just put my initial review up with pics, thoughts, and some info and descriptions of this cam. Click HERE to view it. Not posting clips or performance data yet until further along with Beta testing as those will probably improve as we go along.

Phil

Yes, you power it in one of 2 ways, with the OBD devise for normal and parking power or in the regular manner from the lighter plug in the dash.

if you use hardware kit to power the recorder, it can support parking guard also.
please choose Gsensor triggered parking mode.

Back