K2S received

turns out it's not overheating but just freezes for unknown reason.
the main unit is stored "openly" in the trunk so it's not a matter of it not being able to ventilate
@Rayman.Chan any solution for this ?

it happens when on ACC time laps + motion
when on ACC motion i have no problems
can this be looked into? (there's very little activity on this forum and get the impression the product has been abandoned ?)

I don't think it is abandoned, but it bight not be selling much to people finding their way in here

He's been absent for months. Has anyone tried making contact through Megtech?

Phil

I think jokiin ran into rayman Chan now and then, but in China and jokiin are stuck at home in Australia due to corona i think.
My K2S are acting up too, stopping recording when the card are full, no matter what card i have in it.

As i revcall his e-mail are rayman@megcn.com

Mine still functions as it should and I hope that continues since I'm soon to do a rather tough reconfiguration with it for use as side-cams.

Please do let us know if you hear a response from MegTech, hopefully nothing untoward has happened to Rayman, but with him dropping away as Covid-19 became common I am concerned for him.

Phil

will do .

i love them as sidecams, but only if can run it on timelaps+motion as this way do you not lose footage (with only motion detection you'll never see the actual event/impact)

why do you think it's a tough reconfiguration ? mine was extremely easy to do ...

I think he mean install, moving it from one place to another.

Phil drive a van, the same van he also use for work, and it is also a older van.

why do you think it's a tough reconfiguration ? mine was extremely easy to do ...

For me it means moving 180kg of larger tools from the floor area, then removing various small boxes of parts and tools totaling at least 40 pieces and another 100kg from shelves, then removing plywood panels over the windows to just get to the glass, which will need cleaning. I may have to cut way a bit of the plywood I've removed- I don't know yet- and only then can I begin remounting the cam system. Gotta spray another coat of paint on the plywood while it's out. And then the joy of putting all the work-related tools and stuff back. So around 3+ hours I think, as I do need to sort through some of the stuff before putting it back to keep everything in order.

So yeah, not your average install :ROFLMAO:

Phil

well no reply so far after my post here 3 weeks ago and my email 1 week...
does anyone have any other ideas ?

I have no idea, when i used parking mode i just used time lapse or motion detect but not a mix of the two, and that worked fine.

I find the multiple layers of the K2S menus annoying, i would rather have 1 big menu you had to scroll down thru for ages.

for me time laps is not clear enough in case of an accident and motion detection does not record the actual event (no buffer)
so only a combination makes sense for me.

But the bigger problem is that the camera freezes in parkmode and won't come out of it when you start the car again....

i guess an app would be easier to use, especially as i have the screen in the trunk/boot

Turns out the camera crashes/freezes no matter what parking mode i use.
so it's basically useless.
Unable to get any reply from manufacturer .. not so happy

While I was testing mine, I ran it recording normally 24/7 through summer heat. On a few occasions during the hottest days in my closed van, it did 'freeze up' requiring a reboot when I wanted to drive home, but that was obvious when it happened so not a big problem other than some hours of recording being lost. I did have the LCD screen on which makes the cam run hotter, so using the screensaver and a slightly cooler climate will probably not give you this problem ;) I've ran it while driving for well over a year since then. I've also discovered that for reliability you should format the card monthly with this cam. Several times when I forgot to do this I discovered later that recording had stopped, although there was no indication of that from the cam o_O This was with 2 different brands of cards so I think it's more cam than card. But overall, this can be a reliable cam, just fussier than most cams about a few things. If I didn't have faith in it I most certainly would not be planning to use it for my rear side cams with my install being so tough to do. I never tried parking mode as I couldn't use the necessary OBD2 adapter for that. Nor was I able to use the app due to my phone and tablet being too old.

I do agree with Kamkar1 that the menu is neither easy to see or use, but once you get it figured out it does have a good variety of settings. Vid quality is good for the specs, and the cam modules are tiny compared to any other cam which I see as a big plus. That is probably it's best feature really. I'd recommend trying it with full recording 24/7 instead of parking mode. That will use a little more power from your battery but might not be an issue. I do hope @Rayman.Chan is OK; he's been bringing us some good cams and good support for many years now- it's not like him to be gone from here this long.

Phil

i thought it was because of overheating but turns out it's doing it all the time (even in underground parking)

recording 24/7 might be a good idea, but it would be a workaround. parking mode should just work as intended...

I really do like the camera overall (maybe only lacking buffered image) but as it is now,
the camera is useless and have to spend too much time on it to make sure it works.

of course i also wish the best to @Rayman.Chan , but the company is not a one man operation i take it ?
it's weird that nobody replied. the whole experience starts to make me regret my purchase.
unfortunately i only installed it a year after i bought it, so can no longer send it back

Street guardian as i know is a 1 man company, but jokiin of course have sourced some competent resellers around the world and they are able to support too.

Judging by the pic on Megtech home page it is not a 1 man show.

Just to put it on record; I would not recommend this camera to anyone .
it keeps freezing (regardless of which park mode i use).
and worse; the manufacturer (@Rayman.Chan ) does not reply to any mails, nor here on the board.
I should have installed it immediately when i got it (instead of after 1 year) , then at least i could have returned it.
what a piece of junk!

Back