Latest iOS Blackvue App, a crashfest?

I dont get the no screen fab, it do not dictate the size of the device, and if you want it go out pretty fast after a boot.
I always want a screen, and at least in 1 case it have saved a camera for me. ;)

I work in tech and this is straight up embarrassing by any standard. Test your product before rollout, if your upgrade fails, rollback and try again. You don't leave the infrastructure offline for weeks on end while you "figure it out". It's been 3 days, I just hung up with them and they're quoting "next Monday". They really think that is an acceptable timeframe for new customers to not be able to register or use the camera they just bought, or existing customers to lose cloud functionality?

What an absolute joke. This paperweight is being returned. Companies like that deserve to go belly up far as I'm concerned.

I work in tech and this is straight up embarrassing by any standard. Test your product before rollout, if your upgrade fails, rollback and try again. You don't leave the infrastructure offline for weeks on end while you "figure it out". It's been 3 days, I just hung up with them and they're quoting "next Monday". They really think that is an acceptable timeframe for new customers to not be able to register or use the camera they just bought, or existing customers to lose cloud functionality?

What an absolute joke. This paperweight is being returned. Companies like that deserve to go belly up far as I'm concerned.
Next Monday? @BlackboxMyCar said earlier in this thread that the fix is live in Canada right now. Is this not true? Which of the two of you is lying?

It’s definitely still not live in America.

Last edited:
BlackVue's app is working without issue in Canada and is still down in Canada.

The other poster seems to have an issue with receiving Cloud verification code from BlackVue, unfortunately.

BlackVue's app is working without issue in Canada and is still down in Canada.

The other poster seems to have an issue with receiving Cloud verification code from BlackVue, unfortunately.

It's part of the same overall issue. New registrations/accounts aren't working. I'm just repeating what their "amazing" support has been relaying to me.

Down in USA***

From Blackvue’s web site,
Our office will be closed on May 19th for Korea's Buddha's Birthday.
I really hope they ship a fix before then. If they go on holiday while neglectfully breaking, and neglectfully handling the breaking of, their entire product line, I will probably have enough rage to actually uninstall it and reverse charges on my credit card.

Negligence doesn’t deserve time off. Quite the opposite, negligence deserves swift action. They still could have rolled back by now and they haven’t.

It’s still early in my testing, but I think the problem may have improved. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app for the 3rd time today (there is still no iOS “update”), logged in again, and now it’s working. I haven’t made it crash yet.

Anyone else having this experience?

It’s still early in my testing, but I think the problem may have improved. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app for the 3rd time today (there is still no iOS “update”), logged in again, and now it’s working. I haven’t made it crash yet.

Anyone else having this experience?
there have been other users saying it was working for them, maybe not everyone, or not every combination of model/phone were effected???

cached settings not being cleared in your case perhaps, not sure

cached settings not being cleared in your case perhaps, not sure
Not after 3 deletes & reinstalls. Not across multiple phones. But it is indeed still working now and I haven’t been able to make it crash.

Interesting sequence of events: I finally submitted my own support request to Blackvue around 9PM Pacific. At 10:26PM, I received an email from them- a duplicate “Your Dashcam Order is Complete” email from my original purchase on 4/24/2021. Really strange for that email to show up again so many days later, within 90 minutes of me submitting my support request. And then I reinstall the app for the 3rd time today and it starts working.

No conclusive evidence for this, but it seems possible they saw my complaint and manually fixed something regarding my account/serial number. Something they haven’t done for everyone yet for unknown reasons.

This is why I am really curious if anyone can still report that it’s broken for them after reinstalling.

No conclusive evidence for this, but it seems possible they saw my complaint and manually fixed something regarding my account/serial number. Something they haven’t done for everyone yet for unknown reasons.
yeah possible there was a server side issue perhaps and it was the timing of it rather than the reinstall of the app that got you going, as long as it's working (and stays working) though is the main thing

Still can't create new accounts, really how hard is it to fix your e-mail relay?

Still can't create new accounts, really how hard is it to fix your e-mail relay?
We left you a voicemail regarding your email, by the way. Our representative will be in again on Monday to make sure you're helped out.

We left you a voicemail regarding your email, by the way. Our representative will be in again on Monday to make sure you're helped out.

I spoke with them, appreciate the call. For the record, My abysmal experience has been with BlackVue, not Blackboxmycar.com. Those guys are stuck between a rock and hard place supporting BlackVue during their recent disaster.

Also, new account registrations STILL don't work.

I noticed the Blackvue Cloud service was completely down for a few hours at various times over the weekend. I had assumed they were making changes to fix the problems their poor software quality created, in preparation for making good on their assurance of having the issues fixed by Monday.

However I can see by Skittles’ post above that Blackvue were in fact, lying to all of their customers the whole time. Also, that they have no idea how to gauge how long a software project takes. Past experience with organizations at this level of software incompetency tells me it will be at least another week before the issues are truly fixed.

It was down for me Friday night till Saturday morning, and Monday night (UK times)

Back