Lenghty video of a winter drive in Ontario (Canada)

@ Delta...T Many thanks for the ride....and the location I was running a luis miguel album along with your video.......the two seemed to fit very well ..............Ipol

Magnifique :D

So far no snow have hit Denmark, and i hope it stay that way this year, but the chance for snow reamin untill april 1 or there about.

Reminder to self : There is so mutch more to be seen in Canada apart for the Little you saw back in 1991, so get your finger out and win that lottery ASAP. ;)

Magnifique :D

So far no snow have hit Denmark, and i hope it stay that way this year, but the chance for snow reamin untill april 1 or there about.

Reminder to self : There is so mutch more to be seen in Canada apart for the Little you saw back in 1991, so get your finger out and win that lottery ASAP. ;)

We have all of it, snow, freezing rain, and chilly temps. Biggest problem we have at the moment is that they are not delivering propane due to a so called 'shortage' , which we partly use for heating and warm water supply.

snow.JPG

cold.JPG

We have all of it, snow, freezing rain, and chilly temps.
cold.JPG
I'm hoping those indoor and outdoor temps are reversed. Otherwise your house is way colder than outside.

We have all of it, snow, freezing rain, and chilly temps. Biggest problem we have at the moment is that they are not delivering propane due to a so called 'shortage' , which we partly use for heating and warm water supply.

snow.JPG

nice picture

cool, looks like something that belongs on a calendar

As 'cool' as that may look jokiin, you really don't want to be living it (-30C) for too long, trust me on that ;)

As 'cool' as that may look jokiin, you really don't want to be living it (-30C) for too long, trust me on that ;)

people that endure +47c summers do look enviously at pictures like this, much prefer the cold to the heat, wouldn't enjoy having to work in it though

Lol I get your point! I personally couldn't handle an Australian summer.

When temperature goes under +20 deg C i freeze my ass off, i would prefer to sweat my ass off anytime.

Offcourse a ships engineroom on the equator is extremely hot, but you dont have to Work constanly all 7 houres every day. Unless ofcourse there is a breakdown then its all hands on top of the problem.

Hottest thing i have tried is to perform some cheks on some stuff in a ship engine crankcase 4 houres after it was turned off, and dig crap out inside of a ship engine exaust manifold allso some houres after it have been stopped. Even with several 300 mm fresh air hoses put into those palces you sweat your ass off :)
Those kind of jobs are 20-30 minutes of Work followed by 20-30 minutes of drinking Water and Cold soft drinks.
Normally i drink at least 12 liters of Water and a good amount of soft drinke during a day in a hot engine room, and offcourse eat a lot of salt tablets to refill what you sweat out.

Fogot the worst. try the very top of the engine room where the exausts go out, once a day blowing some stuff into the exaust to loosen soot, you will be very happy when the 5 - 10 minutes it take is over, and you will not be slow Down the ladders. I guess there is +60 degrees up there gloves is needed for sure.

I would love to be in the outback now ;) hunting pests and putting out wildfires if needed, only thing there that discourage me is those poison critters.
But then again i am old so if i bite the bullet it dosent really matter, as long as they do me the honor and put me in a hole there im good. :D

I would love to be in the outback now ;) hunting pests and putting out wildfires if needed, only thing there that discourage me is those poison critters.

only 7 of the top 10 things that can kill you are from Australia, it's pretty safe ;)

Those funnel web spiders are supposed to be real nasty things :eek:

Those funnel web spiders are supposed to be real nasty things :eek:

they are, most of the stuff that can kill you isn't too close the city, my place (when I'm there) is quite close to a large bushland area so snakes are are bigger concern, actually all the things we have that can kill you are quite small so you need to keep your wits about you, particularly if out in the country side, nothing to speak of in the cities, drunken louts maybe are a bigger danger on the weekends :)

Im not chiken ;) i have handled a friends huge enperor scorpions, and another friends phyton witch was about 4 M long.

Those scorpoins did suprice me, when you grabbed them the hizzed pretty loud, not poisonus but still a good idea to handle them by grabbing stinger / tail.

One of the scorpions "drowned" in the waterbowl, so after some days it was pulled up and put on a shelf to dry up as it had gone quite soft, but the day after it was no longer on the shelf o_O

Yeah, Australia has quite a deadly reputation when it comes to nasty creepy crawly critters. :eek:

Canada on the other hand is quite safe, we don't have too many killers out there (I think). The odd bear but you usually don't see them and if you do, you just make sure you don't cross his path. The biggest concern here is deer. They are abundant and there is a serious risk of hitting one when driving country roads.
The -30 is pretty extreem although the winters can be cold. On the other hand the summers can be quite hot as well +30 and up. And that's what I like about living here: Seasons. Always something to look forward too and talk about. I even binds us together.

If you like, take a look at our website (where I live and work): http://www.denautmansion.com There is a photo section with some summer pictures.

By the way, that was not a sales pitch ;)

Last edited:

snow.JPG

cold.JPG
HERE GIVE US OUR SNOW BACK YOU AMERICANS AND CANADIANS THINK YOU CAN TAKE EVERYTHING FROM US BRITS.

Due to the lack of cold weather in the UK stolen by the USA and Canada we are now sitting on a Load of floods as the Snow is falling as Wet Damp Horrid RAIN. AHHHHHHH....

LOL......

Back