LGD521 Parking mode help.

Amoore

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello,
I have recently hotwired my LGD521 dashcam to my 2018 Elantra and can't seem to get it working the way it should.
I had it hotwired by someone more professional in that area but for some reason the camera records 24/7. Is it supposed to do that? Isn't that hard on the battery?
I've also noticed it doesn't say "parking mode enabled" when I turn the vehicle off. It did the first time when we tested it at the shop before I left, but hasn't since and doesnt stop recording. Furthermore, the motion sensor doesn't seem to work and the gsensor doesn't pick anything up unless I tap the camera itself.
He has yellow to battery and red to ignition switched acc. Which is what it says on the hardwiring manual.
Anyone have any ideas?

Ps. When I go into "VOD" through wifi, all files are being saved as if the car was driving (inf file type) and doesn't go under P (parking) it stays under N (regular recording)

Thanks in advance

@BlackboxMyCar sells that model, maybe they will have some input for you as to what you need to check
I have messaged them but they haven't been much help. Their best advice was to try different constants and acc fuses until it worked, but Ive already been to this shop 4 times to change wires around and it doesn't seem to change anything. That's why I'm here looking for more advice, hopefully from someone who has the same dashcam. How is it supposed to function in parking mode?

first time I've seen this model mentioned, not sure there are many others around that have them, not amongst the regular active members here at least

first time I've seen this model mentioned, not sure there are many others around that have them, not amongst the regular active members here at least
Part of the LG 5 series dashcam. I've read that it's fairly popular with parking mode/2 channel type dashcams. Unfortunately if I want to talk to someone for help, Id have to call Korea. That's what I was told by LG support.

if you want to do some testing on your own, you can do this quite simply with a test light. with the car turned off, clip to ground and then touch the little metal contacts on the fuses. make sure that the door sensor is pushed in so that the vehicle thinks that the doors are closed. most fuses should not make the test light turn on. if it does, that means they're always live (battery). next, turn the car on (still with the door sensor pushed in). if any of the fuses that previously did not make the test light turn on are now lighting it up, that indicates a accessory that's only on when the car is on. I suggest you do not hardwire up to an airbag fuse.

Last edited:
if using a test light make sure it's an LED one, the incandescent globe ones are not a good idea for late model vehicles, multimeter costs a bit more but is a safer option

if using a test light make sure it's an LED one, the incandescent globe ones are not a good idea for late model vehicles, multimeter costs a bit more but is a safer option

good to know. what's the reason that an LED test light works best on newer models? I still have a really old test light that was included in a toolkit 15 years ago. that's what I used to test fuses on my 2006 and 2013 vehicles. I also have a multi-meter but I never familiarized myself with it to use comfortably.

We did test the fuses he was using, light was on for constant and on/off when the vehicle was on/off. Could it possibly be defective somehow? Is there a setting I'm missing? Is it supposed to record full time in parking mode for a certain period of time?
As far as I know, when the vehicle is shut off, the dashcam will ding and announce "parking mode enabled" then record when it picks up an event from gsensor (file name evt) or when it picks up motion (file name moe). However, it doesn't pick up motion and the gsensor only picks up when I tap the camera itself (it works fine while driving). Although, it records full time, but I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to do that.

Back