Live View isn't really Live View

bdmike

Reaction score
Country
United States
I get a about a 2 second delay between real time and live view using the android app with a Samsung Galaxy S7. Anyone else having this problem?

Also, if I click on any videos they are always glitchy, skip, and distort. They only play correctly if I download them to my phone first or play on a computer.

Last edited:
I've been wondering.. what is the point of live view.. when you can just lift or turn your head and look? I mean.. live view from my living room I can understand.. but if I'm inside my truck..
and the videos play fine on my iPhone 6.
Don't know much about androids .. but try resetting the memory.

The point of live view is literally just to aim the camera (since there's no screen), as it aims in clicks it's okay to have a bit of a delay.
Do not use it while driving as it will stop recording, it's not meant to be a backup cam either.

I've been wondering.. what is the point of live view.. when you can just lift or turn your head and look? I mean.. live view from my living room I can understand.. but if I'm inside my truck..
and the videos play fine on my iPhone 6.
Don't know much about androids .. but try resetting the memory.
I only used when installing the dashcam. It helped me find the best location/degree to mount the camera. It also shows the blue/green lines to properly align with the hood's edge/center.

Here's an advantage with live view if it worked in real time and not a 2 second lag. I noticed that during an extremely hard rain were I can barely see the road, live view sees the road much further and lots better, like 10x better. I think it is because the camera lens is right at the windshield.

Here's an advantage with live view if it worked in real time and not a 2 second lag. I noticed that during an extremely hard rain were I can barely see the road, live view sees the road much further and lots better, like 10x better. I think it is because the camera lens is right at the windshield.

I suggest one should not drive if you are not able to see the road. Accidents tend to happen when drivers are not able to see the road or they are not looking at the road.

Fair point, I experimented this with the Thinkware X550 before. The camera was able to see the painted lines much clearer than I could sitting much lower down.

Fair point, I experimented this with the Thinkware X550 before. The camera was able to see the painted lines much clearer than I could sitting much lower down.

Well, the camera is mounted very close to the top of the windshield and depends on the sitting position the driver might be sitting with the eyes near the middle or the lower portion of the windshield. It also depends on headlight aiming (at night) and a few other things.

One thing for sure is that one should not drive if you are not able to see the road (at night, foggy condition,...etc). One should also never drive distracted (dashcam, phone,...etc). You don't want to be "that guy" who become a youtube sensation.

Back