Looking for a 2Ch dashcam that is discrete

El Beaner

Reaction score
Country
United States
Right now the only one I have found would be the Blackvue 550 or 650 series. I've heard questionable reviews on both.

i love the video quality of the Lukas cameras but their 7950, the front camera is HUGE (compared to what I'm used to).

Is it too much to ask for a discreet 2Ch system that has great day video, decent night video and doesn't stnad out like a sore thumb?

Any options would be greatly appreciated (just to give an idea of size, somehting along the size of a G1WC for the front camera or smaller)

Blacksys CF-100. About the same size as a G1W but vertical vs. horizontal. Hides behind the RVM of my wife's Honda nicely.

Blacksys CF-100. About the same size as a G1W but vertical vs. horizontal. Hides behind the RVM of my wife's Honda nicely.
Looked at the one, front bit rate is good, but the rear worries me especially since I have tinted windows.

Right now the only one I have found would be the Blackvue 550 or 650 series. I've heard questionable reviews on both.

i love the video quality of the Lukas cameras but their 7950, the front camera is HUGE (compared to what I'm used to).

Is it too much to ask for a discreet 2Ch system that has great day video, decent night video and doesn't stnad out like a sore thumb?

Any options would be greatly appreciated (just to give an idea of size, somehting along the size of a G1WC for the front camera or smaller)

What is your budget ?

Well I just started looking at one of my options, the 550 Blackvue and see that there is custom fw that pushes the bitrate to around 15mbps and maeks the night time videos soooo much better (front camera, haven;t seen anything on the back camera but front is the most important).

This might be the way I'm leaning right now

Well I settled on the Blackvue 550 - 2ch - It is discrete and with the custom FW option the night videos look pretty damn good. Also I got a good deal - $250 with power magic pro.

I'll move the A118C I have into the wifes car

Back