looking for a camera that meets these specs...

The bit about 2 megapixel and then "up to 48 hours" just seems silly, but yes, my customer's engineers have come up with the requirement so I have to either meet it or tell them why it doesn't make sense.

If I could get a really low resolution camera, would 48 hours fit on a card? In any compressed form? Does such a low-resolution camera exist?
It's not completely out of the question if you don't mind low resolution/blocky video as truckers are used to from their old VGA resolution cameras!

I just recorded a video with my mini 0806 in my custom parking mode. On a 64GB card I get around 45 hours when parked or based on the shortish test I just did around 24 hours when driving of this quality:

Frame from when parked:
Parking%20Mode.jpg

Video from when moving, quite blocky at speed if you view full screen, but plates are perfectly readable when moving slowly:

To get it down to 48 hours on 32GB you would need to reduce the bitrate to a quarter of that, but I am recording in 2560 x 1080 resolution which has eight times the pixels of your required 720 x 480!

Edit: YouTube has ruined that! The original runs smoothly at 30fps.

Last edited:
Back