Looking for a cheap but good quality dash camera

TheBeanMan

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a decent quality dash cam to use while I'm working? I am a courier so I drive a lot during the day but not so much at night. The van I drive isn't exactly smooth on the road and you feel every bump so I need a camera with a decent mounting system as well.

Thanks All,
TheBeanMan

cheap but good, is better than expensive but bad I guess :) We don't venture in the sub-$100USD range but there are a few suitable options for you.

Many will recommend the Mobius along with a suction cup mount. This would be especially good if you're only using it during daylight hours as well. Do you need to view/upload videos on the go or are you ok waiting until you get home on the computer? Mobius has no screen, but any dashcam should be a set it and forget it for the day operation. It's small enough to tote around too

Hi Pier28,

No I don't need to view/upload videos on the go I would be happy with waiting till I got home to view the video footage. I would actually like to have a screen on it but.

Thanks

Is this the one?

Can the screen be turned off but the camera still operational?

I would actually like to have a screen on it

As you're in Australia I suggest a capacitor-based camera to cope with the heat. Within your budget the A118C would be a good choice.

As you're in Australia I suggest a capacitor-based camera to cope with the heat. Within your budget the A118C would be a good choice.

What do you mean by a capacitor-based camera? And why should I have one?

Do you drive the same truck every day or change? You'll need extra A118C 3M brackets if you change often.

I drive the same one everyday but I don't think my boss would like me sticking stuff to the inside of the windscreen.

I drive the same one everyday but I don't think my boss would like me sticking stuff to the inside of the windscreen.
So you need dashcam with suction mount, right ?

Yeah I think so.
Myself I liks discrete design. With suction mount option I would take Mobius with capacitors. It is realiable dashcam, small in size, easy to carry in / out of your company van on daily basis.

Back