Low profile mounts?

TheCheat001

Reaction score
Country
United States
I bought a G1W-C and it came the other day, put it in my car (2003 Jetta) and it is QUITE a bit bigger than my Cobra CDR-810. Mostly due to the foot of the mount attaching to the top of the G1W vs the front of the 810's case. Is there a "low profile" mount available? I want it as high up the windshield as possible as it now sort of lingers in my peripheral vision.

One thing I was considering was epoxying the mounting ball of the old one to a strip of metal and wedging it between the roof and headliner maybe. I'm trying to keep it looking decent. I still want to see the screen and have access to the buttons to make sure it's running and recording.

I found this little guy but is there something a little smaller? Might be the best solution, especially for the money.

Last edited:
I think I'm going to go with that and do a magnet mount for the CDR-810 on the top edge of my hatchback.

The CDR-810 was a good size cam, I really liked how the mount minimized the height of the camera on the windshield. I was somewhat shocked that the G1W was so much bigger.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A G1WX 12
G G1WX 11
Back