Lukas LK-7900 Ace Review (With Sample Day and Night Videos)

Re: Lukas LK-7900 Ace Review (With Sample Day and Night Vide

Swordfish said:
Check Update1 of the review for links to a couple of handheld videos with the LK-7900. It does shoot clean, clear videos at night!
Thanks, I updated it, waiting for the one u said coming soon.

I got an e-mail from a Qrontech representative after I told him that firmware AC19 didn't really improve auto white balance of the LK-7900 and showed him comparisons.

He said ''white balance was misunderstood" and will be improved in the next firmware upgrade. Hopefully that's true.

Swordfish said:
He said ''white balance was misunderstood" and will be improved in the next firmware upgrade. Hopefully that's true.

that's quite possible, sometimes you do need to spell things out, sending pictures can really help

I've just purchased a Lukas LK-7900 ACE from green-sum on eBay and am curious what class of sdxc cards are supported and/or what are people using? Are Class 10 cards working without issues?

I'm looking forward to receiving my camera and will report my experiences when its setup and running.

rollindts said:
I've just purchased a Lukas LK-7900 ACE from green-sum on eBay and am curious what class of sdxc cards are supported and/or what are people using? Are Class 10 cards working without issues?

I'm looking forward to receiving my camera and will report my experiences when its setup and running.
--------------------

Mine came with 32GB provided by Lukas / Qrontech, and another one I bought with 128GB, original one from Lukas / Qrontech.
This is what i got in e-mail from manufacturer:

We recommend users to use SD card supplied by Lukas because of compatibility. There are a few type of SD card in the market and they have different properties according to the brand and type.

We select the most suitable ones to our products and even if you can use other SD card, we are not responsible for anything happens caused by using it. That’s why we recommend you to use Lukas SD card.

I use a Sandisk "45mb/sec" SDXC card without problems.

Sent from my Galaxy Note

Very nice review with clear documentation. I remember looking at this camera when I first joined these forums and it was a toss up between the Lucas and FineVu. Do you happen to have any exterior images of the camera mounted? Do you know what the storage and operational temps are?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the info on the sdxc cards..

I can take some exterior shots of the camera mounted once its setup early next week.. and speaking of installation..

I know DashCamMan said he had to go through a few different AV cables before finding one that would work with the video out - but did he say which cable it was? Part number would be greatly appreciated!

rollindts said:
Thanks for the info on the sdxc cards..

I can take some exterior shots of the camera mounted once its setup early next week.. and speaking of installation..

I know DashCamMan said he had to go through a few different AV cables before finding one that would work with the video out - but did he say which cable it was? Part number would be greatly appreciated!

This is a cable that will work.

http://www.cnaweb.com/6-3-5mm-mono-plug ... 4Aod4FUAfw

It is so simple a cave man could make one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Milamber said:
Very nice review with clear documentation. I remember looking at this camera when I first joined these forums and it was a toss up between the Lucas and FineVu. Do you happen to have any exterior images of the camera mounted? Do you know what the storage and operational temps are?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
According to the specifications, the operating temperature is -20 to 80 degrees Celsius, while the storage temperature is -30 to 90. During recording, the SD card can get very hottttt, although I haven't experienced any malfunctions because of this. I'll post photos soon.

Warns you to be careful of burning your fingers on the SD card in the manual!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I just noticed there was an LK-7900 installation video on lukashd.com - which brings me to youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... pRJmm2kh70

Still exploring to see what else their YT account has to offer (Its been hard to search for the cam's videos since I cant read/write Korean)

EDIT: sad to say the videos have little usefulness.. :(

Hello Guys. Question.

While opening TWO PDF files called:

LK-7900ACE Viewer Installation And Environment Setup Guide
LK-7900FHD_ACE_User_Manual_eng

I noticed that First PDF page 3, where viewer features described has one design and Icons described as 1-1; 1-2; 1-3, 1-4

Same time opening second PDF page 4 says about LK-7900G ACE, check on letter "G" and viewer shown here is a bit different, it has TIME SETTING ICON, assuming like 1-5.

I cannot find the viewer with this TIME SETTING icon on Lukas ACE.

http://www.lukashd.com/eng/download/main.html

Any idea ?

vknycus said:
Hello Guys. Question.

I noticed that First PDF page 3, where viewer features described has one design and Icons described as 1-1; 1-2; 1-3, 1-4

Same time opening second PDF page 4 says about LK-7900G ACE, check on letter "G" and viewer shown here is a bit different, it has TIME SETTING ICON, assuming like 1-5.

Any idea ?

I see it here:

http://www.lukashd.com/gnuboard4/bbs/bo ... r&wr_id=12

Al Drake said:
vknycus said:
Hello Guys. Question.

Any idea ?

I see it here:

This one? :
Lukas LK-7900 Ace_Viewer_eng.zip (2.1M) [55] DATE : 2013-04-23 17:28:47

If yes it is the same without TIME SETTING

vknycus said:
Al Drake said:
vknycus said:
Hello Guys. Question.

Any idea ?

I see it here:

This one? :
Lukas LK-7900 Ace_Viewer_eng.zip (2.1M) [55] DATE : 2013-04-23 17:28:47

If yes it is the same without TIME SETTING

The time setting is done when the GPS is fixed. Do you see this in the viewer?

Attachments

• Lukas Time setting.PNG
    Lukas Time setting.PNG
    24.1 KB · Views: 406

Thanks, I see it now, but i thought that it was something new or extra.

Attachments

• New Picture.jpg
    New Picture.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 406

vknycus said:
Thanks, I see it now, but i thought that it was something new or extra.

I'm not sure what viewer you have in the first place. When you update the firmware if I remember correctly you can also download a new viewer. I've installed so many new ones now I have a hard time remembering the process. The one I'm using now shows ver. 1.7.2.0

Al Drake said:
The time setting is done when the GPS is fixed. Do you see this in the viewer?
I assume from this setting dialogue there is no setting to have the gps-position (lat/lon values) as OSD in the video footage. correct?

Back