Lukas LK-7950 SD Cards vs others

celeste N.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Do I have to use a Lukas brand SD card or can I use any brand SD card that fits the dash cam?

No but I will say you should use Lukas brand to give you the best chance of not encountering a memory card error down the road.
If you do buy a non Lukas, just be sure to purchase a very high grade memory card. Such as someone below will surely recommend.

Last edited:
Transcend ultimate series.

SanDisk, Lexar (Micron) and Samsung only for me.

I tried two ADATA cards in my mobius, both dead after a week. Never again.

Kingston 128gb class 10. No issues.

Good article here. From my research Class 10 or better is ideal for our devices. I don't know a way to find out what temperature ratings they have- still a little nervous about leaving my unit in my car this coming summer as Melbourne Australia can get to 45 degrees celsius quite easily! Any USA friends live in Arizona can comment?
http://www.howtogeek.com/189897/how-to-buy-an-sd-card-speed-classes-sizes-and-capacities-explained/

leaving it in the car in those conditions is ok, leaving it in the car and running it is the thing that kills them, our climate is too hot for that

I live in the low desert near Palm Springs, CA. Last summer I was running around in 46.7 C / 116 F weather no problems parked or driving. Of course I have AC blasting but still get heat off the windshield. I use the card described above in this thread, actually one recommended by Lucas... card is still running strong, I'm a light driver.

What about the microsd card for events? Which particular card? Thanks!

Hi i recently purchased a sandisk 128gb class 10 pro sd card when i put that in the cam goes to repeat formatting voice saying formating empty card and efor display on the cam. I turn off turn it back on then it again goes to format
Any idea why that is?
thanks

SanDisk, Lexar (Micron) and Samsung only for me.

I tried two ADATA cards in my mobius, both dead after a week. Never again.

I had a lot of problems with 2 Samsung MicroSD Class U1 128GB. Very often the "Recording Failure 3" happend and then I had to format them...I thought that Samsung is an high quality brand but now the 2 card are unusable also on my Sony Xperia Z2. After every reboot my smarphone says that the card is corrupted and I have to format it...Also tried to format at low level but then all the problems come out again...never Samsung memory cards again.

Back