Lukas LK7950 Firmware FI11

I just tried a 16gb samsung pro and it works, tried the pc lukas formatted san disk 64gb ultra and it got the chk error again. I think lukas has problems with some sd card models

I downloaded the new firmware direct to both lukas and sandisk cards but willl try to format through the latest lukas viewer this morning and see what happens ......Ipol

Also, you may need to copy unzipped files of type B or type D firmware into the SD card as per Lukas instructions: 3. Copy and paste unzipped 2 download files(firm9193 or firmware and ubifs) into the SD card.

I just tried a 16gb samsung pro and it works, tried the pc lukas formatted san disk 64gb ultra and it got the chk error again. I think lukas has problems with some sd card models

There're discussions regarding suitable SD cards for the dashcam in this forum. I bought high speed one just to be safe.

Last edited:
For the Event recording, I use the LUKAS 8GB Mirco SD.
I feel that the CHK error is related to the Event recordings.
When it happened, I just format only the mirco SD and it can last for a few days without error

Main recording (Drive Mode), I am using the Samsung EVO 128GB micro SD (Class 10) with a SD adapter.

So far so good after Firmware update.
Need more time to test it.....

@Hal Pham yes I copied and pasted the unzipped files to both a Lucas 16 gb and sandisk 32gb both with the same results .....this is lukas blackbox drive safely it repeats the message over and over again but never goes into record ...There are various other issues with the camera even before this latest fiasco Its time I sent it back .....Ipol......I might even phone direct to get some answers as Emails and video samples get No response I hope someone on the other end speaks english....Ipol

I had the same problem which it repeated the message again and again was because of the cable to the rear camera did not insert fully.
No harm checking it again on both end.

I reinstalled the firmware version5.3.9 onto the sandisk SD card and it is now recording both front and rear cameras .....Still with the problems before no gps total trip mileage is 3 to 4 times actual distance travelled....the list goes on and on But at least I am able to cover my journey in case anything happens after all thats what I invested in a dashcam in the first place for...When the panorama X1 arrives courtesy of Nico it should be here by the weekend I will post the Lukas camera back with a long list of complaints ....Ipol

I hope all is going well for Monique @Ipol

In terms of the 7950 I'm back down in the area that triggers CHK errors for fun and so far on Fi11 they haven't occurred - the last one was on the 12th May now.

I've got the newer version of Fi11 installed and the audio issue appears to have disappeared which is great news :)

The front video quality still isn't the greatest however so hopefully that can be improved at some point.

Last edited:
First CHK error spotted after 8 days.
Anyone else?

First CHK error spotted after 8 days.
Anyone else?
Wonder if users with straight Lukas cards are getting CHK errors.

The following excerpt is off a Lukas dash cam product page:
black box.jpg
notice spelling of genuine

Wonder if users with straight Lukas cards are getting CHK errors.

The following excerpt is off a Lukas dash cam product page:
View attachment 13628
notice spelling of genuine
I once had chk error but that's when I was live streaming to my phone.
Haven't seen other times at all with the Lukas sd card and haven't tried other cards with it yet.

I had all the CHK errors with the Lukas card.

I'm just back in the area that causes problems for it so I'll see how it goes the next few days.

Since I upgraded to the fixed Fi11 and did a full reset of the settings to default and then formatting the card it has behaved - but then again I've not been in this location for a few days now so this will be the acid test.

CHK happened AGAIN, this time much longer period. On and off for 10mins.
View back the video, found out that it has missing segments of 4 secs throughout for front and rear.
After I stop the car and restart 3 hours later, it became ok.
Anyway I just reformatted. Will monitor again.

Lukas has a Customer Service Page, are they involved with these issues? Seems like a "Technical Support" bullet is missing. I have seen reps for other cams involved in the forum but have yet to see any presence from Lukas.
Their support page image:
Lukas CS.jpg

Mine threw a wobbly today too in the usual location.

It seems if I drive slow (<50mph) there's much less chance of it happening than if I'm going slightly faster (<70mph) on the same road at which point the camera just can't cope with all the differences going on and gives the CHK error.

It could be as simple as them needing to set an upper limit on the bitrate above a certain speed to try and minimise this happening.

Mine threw a wobbly today too in the usual location.

It seems if I drive slow (<50mph) there's much less chance of it happening than if I'm going slightly faster (<70mph) on the same road at which point the camera just can't cope with all the differences going on and gives the CHK error.

It could be as simple as them needing to set an upper limit on the bitrate above a certain speed to try and minimise this happening.
Is this a dense area with a lot of trees and foliage that I've seen on your videos before ? Very nice plush countryside. I'm in the desert, very low vegetation. Maybe it wouldn't happen to me as it's not processing as much diversity. Here is typical pic of the area where I live near Palm Springs, very different than yours for sure, lots of windmills in areas...
desert density.jpg

I still get the CHK errors occasionally. Less than before, though.

One thing I've done which has helped is moving the rear cameras off the rear window, onto the headlining of the cars. This mean the file sizes are smaller for the 2nd channels, because the cameras no longer have full view of the road, and less sky/tree line. The typical size for a 3 minute rear channel is now under 200mb, where it was well above before.

I'm really happy with the rest of the camera, I just hope they can fix this once and for al soon.

On a side note, is anyone using them on parking mode finding that the sensitivity is too high, even on the lowest settings? The rear camera especially is triggered much too easily, often when I can't find any detectable motion.

keep in mind a CMOS sensor detects changes in light, not just movement, cloud cover can make enough of a change to lighting to trigger the sensor

Is this a dense area with a lot of trees and foliage that I've seen on your videos before ? Very nice plush countryside. I'm in the desert, very low vegetation. Maybe it wouldn't happen to me as it's not processing as much diversity. Here is typical pic of the area where I live near Palm Springs, very different than yours for sure, lots of windmills in areas...
View attachment 13678
That's not a screenshot from the Lukas is it? I love those windmill farms though,

As for the CHK errors - I think it's safe to say it really doesn't like the location I've been working in this last week as they make it struggle most days.

I did notice that at one point when it was going crazy with the CHK errors when I've viewed the video back the status at the bottom changes to Busy so it is really having a hard time writing the data down to card and it's pretty much also tied in with events too which is what the first version of the firmware did. Maybe the internal bus gets saturated when it's writing to SD and microSD at the same time.

That's not a screenshot from the Lukas is it? I love those windmill farms though,
No Reverend, that is a pretty shot but not from Lukas, haven't bought it yet. Will be next week from Canada, swinging deal and good support.
We have so many windmill farms out here it is insane. Their huge, one blade just fits on a full length flat-bed truck.
When I get my Lukas I'll post some windmill farm videos from the Palm Springs area.
Maybe the Lukas needs a screaming fast SD card like this, probably not the bottleneck though...
lexar.jpg

Last edited:
My LK-7950 showed up yesterday and hooked up in the car to test it out. Not sure if this is normal but in car mode (had switch set to ACC) should the cameras be picking up my motion and writing events? I have latest Firmware bump. Trying to find out before I get it installed tomorrow morning. Thanks

Back