M2 footage dash and action

always a possibility, to be honest I thought a lot of the sample video Tom Frank was showing leaned toward being overly green, hard to say for sure though as he seems to do a lot of testing where there's predominantly grass and trees around and does seem somewhat focused on how it performs in that situation, that's his hobby so understand why he would be interested in that but it seems to miss a lot of the potential problems if he's the filter the betas go through

Greenish hue is most likely a relatively trivial thing they will eventually fix in the firmware, but what about the freezing frames and intermittent green, artifact laden distortion crashes?

Greenish hue is most likely a relatively trivial thing they will eventually fix in the firmware

yeah I agree and that's not likely to improve until the updates get out to a wider audience I think, Tom seems very set in what he looks for which may overlook a lot of scenarios

but what about the freezing frames and intermittent green, artifact laden distortion crashes?

trying a different memory card is an obvious thing to try, haven't experienced the same and haven't seen reports of issues like this either which if the memory card checks out may lean toward it being a hardware problem, faulty DDR would be the next likely culprit I would think

does it crash and play up regardless of bitrate, resolution etc?

Mobius 2 + nitecore P36 LED torch ( 2000 lumen )

Use these for headlights!!!

Then ANY dashcam will work well @ night....

Really cool man these lights, but to be honest I'm not very impressed with what I see from M2 until now, glad I didn't buy yet, maybe later, with better firmware.

On the other hand by that time we can expect other models /cameras to pop up, which us ending up leaving M2 in the garage???

i have tried that and its just as god as the driving light of my car at night.

If you think that the old mobius should have stopped selling long ago, and any new cameras popping up will be facing the same problems.

Off course if you can afford to hold your product in testing for a really long time, then it will off course be more polished when released.
But i think its only a few companies that can afford that, hell even gopro is releasing half baked cameras.

I think it look a little like POV from predator, just using the green filter on his mask.

If you think that the old mobius should have stopped selling long ago, and any new cameras popping up will be facing the same problems.

Off course if you can afford to hold your product in testing for a really long time, then it will off course be more polished when released.
But i think its only a few companies that can afford that, hell even gopro is releasing half baked cameras.

Yes there will be cameras with shortcomings, but that's not my point. I'm just saying that by the time the M2's f/w is tweaked to satisfaction, other cameras may have popped up with better credentials and performance, that's all. I like the Mobius a lot, just didn't buy the M2 yet as I want to see first how far and how fast things get better, if at all.

The JooVuu X camera I bought is also still not completely working to my satisfaction, but it is coming close very fast. And it has more features that work for me very well.

Also the new Foxeer Legend 2 (Beta F/W) is on it's way to me, would be interesting to see some comparising recordings.

This appears to be an entirely different species of green monster here. This one is actually real! ;)

Come on dude, take a Xanax and let it go, I'm just goofing around a little, take the joke for what it is man!

And BTW, mine is STILL real.... exactly like yours is real. You can't ignore the visual facts I showed for everyone to see..... neither do I, I see your green monster, and now you must be seeing mine, since you have proven NOT to be color blind now...!!

tearing-hair.gif

[QUOTE="dirkzelf, post: 271310, member: 166"

Come on dude, take a Xanax and let it go, I'm just goofing around a little, take the joke for what it is man!

And BTW, mine is STILL real.... exactly like yours is real. You can't ignore the visual facts I showed for everyone to see..... neither do I, I see your green monster, and now you must be seeing mine, since you have proven NOT to be color blind now...!!

View attachment 25032[/QUOTE]

Why bring up an old subject that has nothing whatsoever to do with the new Mobius 2?

You dominated the discussion in the other Mobius thread with relentless tautology concerning your personal complaints and concerns and apparently now you want to revive the whole self centered discussion all over again.

If you have nothing constructive, useful or mature to add take the discussion and the insults somewhere else.

Where did I insult ANYONE??

Just take a joke for what it is man, and let go of your frustration already.

Where did I insult ANYONE??

Just take a joke for what it is man, and let go of your frustration already.

Not frustrated, thanks. Actually, months later you seem to be the one still dwelling on your frustrations with the Mobius 1. Maybe you should try a Xanax? ;)

@Dashmellow i assume you was using H265 for those "hulk" recordings ?

I have just started a session in my living room window trying to replicate the problem, so far i am using 1080/60 and standart bitrate + H265

@Dashmellow i assume you was using H265 for those "hulk" recordings ?

I have just started a session in my living room window trying to replicate the problem, so far i am using 1080/60 and standart bitrate + H265

No, only H.264.

I think you are right about the distortion looking like "Predator" vision. :D

mobius2.jpg

Okay.
I bet is is a funky camera you have there :( have you talked to the seller yet ?

Okay.
I bet is is a funky camera you have there :( have you talked to the seller yet ?

I contacted eletoponline365 on eBay yesterday but haven't heard back from them yet. I'm sure I will before too long.

The weird thing is that the freezing and glitches seem to be intermittent. Today, I can't seem to duplicate the problem. Generally the camera works better at lower bit rates and 30 fps. The camera seems to choke on higher frame rates and bit rates. The camera may indeed have a memory issue.

The microSD card is a brand new Transcend 400x 32GB MicroSDHC Class10 UHS-1. It seems fine but I'm going to test later with a different card.

I was taking a closer look at the footage I posted above and I notice there are a few frames where the blue sky is visible in the image on the upper left. I'm not sure what that means, if anything but it's interesting.

screen.jpg

Last edited:
I have sort of the same on the x camera using a 45 mbit firmware, no matter what U3 card i have in the camera i can not use the 1080/60 setting with that firmware.

But the 2 higher resolutions @ 30 FPS is just fine and the other 1080 resolutions as long as its not 60 FPS, but its the same card ( or one of them ) the U3 PNY card i use in the M2 camera.

My problem with the camera not getting found or get found and dropped at once only seem to happen if the camera have not been in use for a little while.
Just now making my bitrate test it worked flawless.

When it have pissed me off enough i will try another SD card in the camera, but at least i have noo issues on the record side of things, my camera have not dropped a single beat so far.

Not frustrated, thanks. Actually, months later you seem to be the one still dwelling on your frustrations with the Mobius 1. Maybe you should try a Xanax? ;)

Come in man, don't you recognize a joke?? You said green screen, I scored a joke, big deal.

This comparison was posted on rc groups.

Back