Man in bed of Truck / Narrow and Wide comparision

GTA Driver

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Iroad 3300CH, G1W-c, Mobius C, A119 v1 & v3, A118-c2
In North York, exiting from 401 to Yorkdale, running alongside Allen Road South, notice a truck next to us with a person in the bed of the pickup truck.

Comparison between my two front mounted dash cams. One with a wide lens and one with a narrow for something happening to the left of my SUV

Down here in Alabama people riding in the back of a truck is a normal sight. The mobius does have clear video.

Used to be a common practice 40 years ago in the suburbs where I grew up. I did once or twice as a child for friend of the families truck. It just stopped all of a sudden and I assumed it was totally illegal given the seat belt law. Apparently farmers can do it for short distance around their property. I have done a search and its really unclear.

http://drivinglaws.aaa.com/tag/seat-belts/
In Ontario
(3) is actually engaged in work that requires him or her to alight from and re-enter the vehicle at frequent intervals and is not driving at a speed exceeding 40 km/h.
This was no where near a farm and they were going over 40 km/h

Last edited:
Not legal over here, not even if there was seatbelts back there :)

wow, If they have to do the abrupt braking we do here - it won't be pretty

yeah i've seen that often with hispanics riding in the back of a pickup hauling lawn equipment in a trailer. usually just too many guys on the crew to fit in the single cab pickup. not legal here either unless there are seats with seatbelts in the bed. which i have only ever seen ONCE in a subaru justy lol

We actually get a few migrant workers here from the south. Maybe they thought they were still in Texas. We went from early spring(late winter) to mid summer weather in a course of a few days.

well apparently houston thinks it's in the pacific northwest right now. it's in the low 60s right now (normally in the 80s at night) and we've gotten more rain in the last month than i can remember getting in an entire year. and it's not even a tropical depression/storm or hurricane - it's stuff coming in from the west and north.

In Michigan it's legal if everyone in the back are 18+ and the truck is going slower than 15. So mostly for local area like farm work.

Here's a pretty wild in the bed of a truck video (not mine)

Back