Manual Record Button

Rusk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm new here!

Quick question: I have just updated my 650 2CH from pre v2 to the lastest version. My question is on the manual record feature which has replaced the mute button on the left hand side. How does this work? I have wanted a manual button which many dash cams have which would allow me to click and mark a file when an event occurs. At the moment I have to note down the time of the event and when I am stopped in a safe place I can open up the app and find the rough time and watch a couple of clips to find and download the file.

Does this manual button now allow me to touch it and this will mark the location? I tried clicking and it annouced manual recording started but I didn't really have time to test further. Will this mark say a one minute clip either side of me touching it? Or does it just start recording from that point and save a different file?

Thank in advance
Russell

Not on V2 myself, but when I vent my frustration on the horn, it sometimes starts an event. Also, try tapping the camera, that should do the trick.

I'm on v1 myself, but to my understanding it creates a separate event file which doesn't get overwritten the way regular files do.

Back