Memory Cards Confirmed Working/Not Working?

@woodbar and @springerview What firmware version are you guys on?

@runtohell121 Your A229 a pre-release camera, right?

Interesting to know if this issue has been fixed via firmware or update to the product line on final retail units.....or maybe just lock of the draw/SDcard lottery.
I don't have this camera and I don't plan to purchase it either, but I've been following this thread in interest.

Interesting to know if this issue has been fixed via firmware or update to the product line on final retail units.....or maybe just lock of the draw/SDcard lottery.
I don't have this camera and I don't plan to purchase it either, but I've been following this thread in interest.

Not 100% sure if my unit that I received was a beta unit or final production unit as I wasn't one of the early testers. I received it sometime in early-mid June, which was probably after the official release of the A229.

I'll check when I'm in the car today and report back.

FWIW, while waiting for the SanDisk Max Endurance to arrive I installed the Viofo A229 with the Samsung Pro Endurance. It's been a week and it's working just fine.
@springerview : which FW version are you running? Maybe Viofo fixed the Samsung incompatibility in it's latest FW??

My A229, purchased on 11/24/22, has firmware version VIOFO_A229_V1.0_0801, not the latest (V1.1_1010). Given that everything is working well, I'm in no hurry to update, but will eventually.

FWIW, while waiting for the SanDisk Max Endurance to arrive I installed the Viofo A229 with the Samsung Pro Endurance. It's been a week and it's working just fine.

My A229, purchased on 11/24/22, has firmware version VIOFO_A229_V1.0_0801, not the latest (V1.1_1010). Given that everything is working well, I'm in no hurry to update, but will eventually.
After nearly two weeks the Samsung finally crapped out today (the recording kept stopping- beep beep beep). I formatted the SanDisk, updated the firmware to V1.1_1010, and I'm back in business!

After nearly two weeks the Samsung finally crapped out today (the recording kept stopping- beep beep beep). I formatted the SanDisk, updated the firmware to V1.1_1010, and I'm back in business!
Thanks for the update.
I already knew this would happen which is why I said "too early to judge" in my earlier response.

This memory card does not work in the A229. We already have enough of a sample size to go by.
I lost track but I think that you're either #6 or #7 in this thread that it did not work for vs only 1 person (@woodbar ) that it worked for. That person that it worked for is operating on borrowed time.

This is so funny when vifo relase camera and not all cards are working rotfl...i had viofo once never more.

Shshsh - I think my camera has gone to sleep - firmware, for a belated reply - sorry, is V1.1_1010 which I installed before Xmas.

Still working :sleep:

These are the cars i have used successful so far.

IMG_20230129_224425.jpg

Right now the camera are running with another SP brand memory card, but only 3 hours of recording in on that so far. ( also 256 GB )

Recently received the Viofo A229 for testing and decided to use my SanDisk High Endurance 128gb card that was used in a Thinkware X700 previously - was able to record for about 15 minute before it stops recording and throws a memory error.

Anyone had any issues with SanDisk High Endurance cards? Going to pop out my Samsung Evo Select (white/green) 256gb from the Viofo T130 and hope that will work fine. Will find out tomorrow...
I bought the Samsung Pro Endurance for it, the new white and blue version though. Once it fills up and gets to the overwriting old files stage, the dashcam gives the "Slow card" error so I was going to buy the Sandisk High Endurance one....

I have been using a 256GB Samsung Pro Endurance for about a week, and it's filled to about 80%. No issues recording so far. I need to remove the memory card and insert it into a USB card reader to retrieve files. Plugging the dashcam into a PC results in it restarting every 10 seconds and using the app (wifi) to download results in the android App freezing at between 12 and 20 percent.
Do you have the old version of the Endurance Pro, or the new white and blue version?

I bought the Samsung Pro Endurance for it, the new white and blue version though. Once it fills up and gets to the overwriting old files stage, the dashcam gives the "Slow card" error so I was going to buy the Sandisk High Endurance one....

Best to go with Sandisk Max Endurance cards if available - that's the only card I don't have any issues along with Viofo and Vantrue own memory cards.

Best to go with Sandisk Max Endurance cards if available - that's the only card I don't have any issues along with Viofo and Vantrue own memory cards.
Ah I see... I was trying to see if there were any affordable alternate options, but I guess there's really no choice but to go with the Max Endurance.

With Viofo A229 Duo :

1. Samsung Evo Plus 128GB - not working - after 1 minute stop recording
2. SanDisk Extreme Pro 128GB - works fine , no problems

Sandisk Extreme works well with all of the VIOFO dash cams.

I got the SanDisk 256GB Extreme card for my A229 Duo. When trying to save a recording after driving around for more than 10 minutes I get a 'card slow' error.

Viofo support told me:
"SanDisk Extreme card works but it's not very stable compared with the Max card. Besides our VIOFO card, the SanDisk Max endurance card is the best choice, and it's more reliable than the extreme card."

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kamkar A229 / A229 Duo 1
Karagandinez A229 / A229 Duo 8
Back