Micro SD Card Question

Industrial grade means harsh conditions + long life time + consistent high speed, an Endurance card does not necessarily have long lifetime or consistency in speed.

Last time I looked into the Sandisk Endurance cards, the Viofo cards were rated for well over twice the lifetime in terms of write cycles. I haven't seen a specification for the current Viofo card lifetime, but I expect it is still twice that of Sandisk cards, otherwise Viofo wouldn't claim Industrial.
Well, there have been failures of Viofo cards, as with any, seen several reviews on Amazon while back or reports their card failed...
My rear cam is more protected then the front windshield mounted cam, so, that cam with the Samsung Pro Endurance card in less extreme conditions.
My front cam, has the Viofo card in it, so, just have to see how long it lasts.
Won't be happy if it fails...

I found the 1 year warranty statement.
But there is no warranty statement on the package.
Vantrue SD Card warranty is 2 years.

View attachment 71488
Operating temp... my old Samsung Evo 256gb card from 8yrs ago, 2 winters ago, it was -35F in my car when i left from work one day. That next summer, the thermo in my dash said it was near 190F in the car, hot summer day when it was 112F out.

Bottom line, dash cam technology has outpaced memory card technology. The fact that we're having to talk about the science and the testing and the labs and the specs and so on means the technology is still developing. Everyday end-consumers would hardly be having these talks with fully matured products. I am going to concede that for most cards, you basically can't use 4K. Therefore, it is advisable to consider buying a 2K-only camera for now. Or wait until MicroSD technology improves (hopefully).

Bottom line, dash cam technology has outpaced memory card technology. The fact that we're having to talk about the science and the testing and the labs and the specs and so on means the technology is still developing. Everyday end-consumers would hardly be having these talks with fully matured products. I am going to concede that for most cards, you basically can't use 4K.
Correct.
Therefore, it is advisable to consider buying a 2K-only camera for now.
Incorrect.
Just buy the correct SD Card.

Your input is duly noted, but we'll agree to disagree. There's almost no "correct" cards even available right now.

Industry standard = resistance to high temperatures and repeated overwrites = high price.

Find any other SD card for industrial use and look at the price

Last edited:
^ That is NOT my quote. And how come you didn't type a message?

Back