Mini 0801 hang when starting up/power on

Royston

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Hi there,

I have been using 0801 for past 2 months and everything was working perfectly fine. Until 2 days ago, my 0801 simply hangs every time when it's starting up/power on (when I start my car). It just show blank screen with steady blue led. No displaying of the start up screen and the music "ding ding ding ding".

I have to force reset to get it restart and records. Once reset, it will records fine. But again, it will hang on the next start up.

I have tried format the SD card using on 0801 but don't solve the problem.

Anyone has a solution to it? Help!

Firmware 20140308
Kingston Class 10 32GB
Recording loop 5mins
Recording quality Full HD
Recording audio ON

Bump .. I have the same problem with the unit hanging. I was in the process of updating the firmware to 20140308 firmware on my GPS unit. I've already done this before on 2 other units i own. So the firmware took longer than 5min, so I did a manual reboot. The next time it boot, it would just hang there. I waited a good 3min before I manually shut it down again. Any help with this would be great.

Well I created my own USB OTG cable, but did it a little differently. I started with a USB extension cable. Instead of messing with the connector ends, I splice the cable in the middle. Then i soldered Pin 4 (BLACK) to the ground to each exposed end

IMG_20150722_092850_zpspcoyeoq5.jpg

I reconnected the cables and used some heat shrink to prevent shorts. Electrical tape would work too.

IMG_20150722_094610_zps1eooplbr.jpg

IMG_20150722_110636_zpsm2zwc4hz.jpg

I did it this way so I continue to use a standard usb cable.

Unfortunately, I think when I bricked my mini801 I did a really good job at it. When I used the cable, with and without the OTG cable, Windows won't even recognize it. So I can't even unbrick it with the software.

Well hopefully this was a better to do the OTG cable.

Back