Mini 0803 coming

so it's ok when run at the highest bitrate?

have you tried with WDR turned off also?
WDR was not engaged, it was during day. Anyway, it is ready to be send back, no reason for me to spend more of my time and effort on 0803. BTW, turning WDR off takes the only benefit of 0803 away. I just switched back to 0801 and it works for me just fine and it is proven camera.

Last edited:
Here is a screen capture comparison between the 0801 at 1080p/12.7mbps (100mb file) and the 0803 at 1296/20.3mbps (160mb file).
The stills were taken from the comparison files in the links in @Tobi@s post 3 above here.

Study the clarity of the lettering on the taxi and road signs, and the registration numbers - I know which I think looks better :p.
It'll be interesting to do the comparison with the final 0803 production unit.

Attachments

• 0801_0803_compare.jpg
    0801_0803_compare.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 106
Here is a screen capture comparison between the 0801 at 1080p/12.7mbps (100mb file) and the 0803 at 1296/20.3mbps (160mb file).
The stills were taken from the comparison files in the links in @Tobi@s post 3 above here.

Study the clarity of the lettering on the taxi and road signs, and the registration numbers - I know which I think looks better :p.
It'll be interesting to do the comparison with the final 0803 production unit.

the comparisons MEGtech posted were with the V1 firmware which were very poor, night time even moreso, I'm really not sure why they posted those as it looks very poor the engineers were still working on it but perhaps they weren't aware that it was still unfinished

it has improved since those samples were shot but still more work needed

If you asking me: it is on its (long) way to China...

I was, wasn't sure if you had bought through one of the sellers that has an arrangement with Amazon then they can be returned locally, sending cameras to China through the post from the USA is restricted so you'd need some type of express company instead, DHL, Fedex etc which is costly, not suggesting it's the case here but I'm sure some sellers rely on the fact that it's impossible or impractical to send stuff back sometimes

Last edited by a moderator:
the comparisons MEGtech posted were with the V1 firmware which were very poor, night time even moreso, I'm really not sure why they posted those as it looks very poor the engineers were still working on it but perhaps they weren't aware that it was still unfinished

it has improved since those samples were shot but still more work needed
@jokiin - Do you know the manufacturer (or development engineers working on the Mini 0803) well enough to point them to this DCT Thread and the all issues being seen with their Pre-Production Mini 0803's? It would also be useful for them to pick up on any issues that people find with the (yet to be released) Final Production Mini 0803.;)

They might want to seriously consider "recalling" all of their Pre-Production (samples) before permanent damage is done to the Mini 0803 reputation... if it's not too late!o_O

Or advising where to get the latest Official FW, if it's not a hardware issue! (Apologies in advance to @Tobi@s - not sure if your web page is official or not!:confused:)

Last edited:
I was, wasn't sure if you had bought through one of the sellers that has an arrangement with Amazon then they can be returned locally, sending cameras to China through the post from the USA is restricted so you'd need some type of express company instead, DHL, Fedex etc which is costly, not suggesting it's the case here but I'm sure some sellers rely on the fact that it's impossible or impractical to send stuff back sometimes
I would not worry about it, getting money back is 100% covered. It would just take some time.

@jokiin - Do you know the manufacturer (or development engineers working on the Mini 0803) well enough to point them to this DCT Thread and the all issues being seen with their Pre-Production Mini 0803's? It would also be useful for them to pick up on any issues that people find with the (yet to be released) Final Production Mini 0803.;)

They might want to seriously consider "recalling" all of their Pre-Production (samples) before permanent damage is done to the Mini 0803 reputation... if it's not too late!o_O

Or advising where to get the latest Official FW, if it's not a hardware issue! (Apologies in advance to @Tobi@s - not sure if your web page is official or not!:confused:)

factory are aware of the issues, there's not as much of this pre production stock as some people might think

they don't do any kind of central repository for firmware as the firmwares are specific to each customers requirements, if anyone has issues they will need to follow it up via whoever they bought from and their firmware version would need to have the fixes applied, these are sold under various configs and under different brandings so managing updates is a bit more involved than a product sold to a set config and under a single brand

Think Hilts has a fair point that shouldn't be ignored.
My 0803 is being returned as it very poor quality and the micro USB socket fell of after just 2 hours of useage.
When I contacted EPRANCE I was told that all products were tested within 3 hours of leaving the factory.
It's very obvious that this QC measure just ain't working.

It would be such a shame for this product to fail before it gets a chance

I wonder what they even mean by that
The QC guy 'crash' tested it on his desk to make sure the G-sensor was working??!:p

The QC guy 'crash' tested it on his desk to make sure the G-sensor was working??!:p
Of course not !! G-sensors testers are russian drivers :D:D:D

@Tobi@s, thank you for the links! Just what I needed. The Mini folks didn't change the data formats. The 0803 movies, GPS data, and G-force sensor data are compatible with the current version Dashcam Viewer.
I have noticed: 0803 packs GPS sensor and other text data into the subtitles text data stream inside the mov file.

Last edited:
Think Hilts has a fair point that shouldn't be ignored.
My 0803 is being returned as it very poor quality and the micro USB socket fell of after just 2 hours of useage.
When I contacted EPRANCE I was told that all products were tested within 3 hours of leaving the factory.
It's very obvious that this QC measure just ain't working.

It would be such a shame for this product to fail before it gets a chance
I only noticed: 0803 micro USB GPS mount is not as sturdy as 0801 mini USB one, both mounts are interchangeable and work fine with either camera.

Hi everyone,

At first I would like to say good evening. It's my first post here. I'm Artur from Poland. Nice to meet you and read your posts guys! ;D

Do You have any news about new release date of 0803?
FoxOffer.com said:
The 0803 will be in stock on 10th to 12th, for pre-orders, please kindly wait for more 3 to 5 days. I'd highly appreciate your understand.

I need to buy new dashcam and I'm really interested in 0803, but still don't know, how long I must wait for final version of FW and this cam.
The other way is buying 0801 and waiting for 0803, and then put 0801 on rear window (or in my father's car).

Where can I find a User Guide or User Manual online for the Mini 0803? Thanks

Back