Mini 0803 coming

firmware needs some work still, as do most A7 powered cameras, it will take some time, the hardware won't change though

firmware needs some work still, as do most A7 powered cameras, it will take some time, the hardware won't change though

Is it safe to buy or do I go for 0801 or can you recommend one around the same price thanks

Is it safe to buy or do I go for 0801 or can you recommend one around the same price thanks

Personally, I will wait until I see examples of output that are acceptable (to me).
There is never any guarantee that a new piece of hardware can be improved to the standard you are looking for by changes to the firmware - or that the engineers who developed the product have the capability to improve it sufficiently.
However this is purely a personal thing - and you could end up waiting forever - so in the meantime I will keep looking for acceptable (price, features and quality) alternatives.;)

The 0803 looks great on Youtube I guess what I,m asking is it reliable

hasn't been out long enough to know about reliability, it is an entry level A7 product so what makes it cheaper than other products?

try and look at original source videos from end users, they will give you the best idea of what to expect, YouTube videos are not the best place to judge any camera

What about the 0801 has this one been reliable thanks

mixed results, there is only one manufacturer of the major components but the finishing is done by a couple of different factories that buy off them and they don't all build to the same standard

Iv'e had the 0803 (pre production model ) for a month now, it has yet to fail to power up and record.
100% reliable...So far

Iv'e had the 0803 (pre production model ) for a month now, it has yet to fail to power up and record.
100% reliable...So far
How is the picture quality?

So you don't have the 2nd production with the new lens.

No 2nd production lens.
I now run it at 1080p with quality set to normal and WDR set on.
Picture is not as good as the £300 dashcams but it is good enough...Number plates can be read clearly.

Ok thanks, dose yours get hot, I was looking at buying one from Diggcam.com they have the ones with 1296P on them

This has 1296p option but found the bandwidth was too high, plus my pc struggles to play 1296p smoothly.

If you're ok with buying from China then I'd suggest buying from Foxoffer, Diggcam is an unknown quantity with no contact details other than a gmail address, at least Foxoffer has a history of feedback from users here to verify

For what it's worth I've met the owners from Foxoffer and they're good genuine people, I've never done business with them but wouldn't hesitate to based on the feedback they receive

Dose it get hot I've read on here some have mentioned they get a tad warm.

I shouldn't have a problem 1296P I have a petty fast computer.

If you're ok with buying from China then I'd suggest buying from Foxoffer, Diggcam is an unknown quantity with no contact details other than a gmail address, at least Foxoffer has a history of feedback from users here to verify

For what it's worth I've met the owners from Foxoffer and they're good genuine people, I've never done business with them but wouldn't hesitate to based on the feedback they receive

Thanks for the heads up, I will take your advice thank you.

I take it you can't buy them here

Dose it get hot I've read on here some have mentioned they get a tad warm.

I shouldn't have a problem 1296P I have a petty fast computer.

As jokiin says, but I do find they run warmer in 1296p with setting on superfine .

Back