Mini 0803 coming

I've opened the mount.
I know what is wrong => Dalton's issue !
But I don't know how to fix it and make 4 pins to have same high.
The risk of DIY fixing is to damage the small cable between plug and GPS chip :confused:
There is only 1 screw which maintain the 4 pins. How can it be firmly fixed like this ? :rolleyes:

Gee, I hope mine is not like that, I'll be fairly ticked off, :(

Try connecting the power to the camera instead of the mount, you might find it more reliable

That is not good. The purpose of the docking mount i s just that, docking. so you can remove at will. For that issue, might as well get a better cam with better video quality.

I just got notified that FoxOffer has shipped my units. I ordered the internal 16GB. It was $5 more than the 8GB. It never hurts to have more memory.
I have read about overheating. I'm hoping the extra ram doesn't cause more heat. I'll try to post the shipping time to US.
As for the sloppy mount. There might be a way to fill space with thin firm foam. I'll see what it looks like when I get it.

Last edited:
Agree completely, connecting it to the camera might at least make it workable in the interim though and confirm if it's the issue or not

That is not good. The purpose of the docking mount i s just that, docking. so you can remove at will. For that issue, might as well get a better cam with better video quality.

What other cam did you have in mind, I'll do the same if mine turns up like yours, I won't even hesitate.
I'll bite the bullet send it back for a refund or swap for something else?

The mount is just a mount unless you are using GPS. The reason I like this model is GPS and small size.
I keep hearing about video quality. How much do you need? Can you see the signal light color? Can you tell who did what? If a tag number is needed call it out so it's in the audio. I do a lot of city driving and I am seeing more crazy drivers. I may need a witness if I'm in an accident. I hope I never need it.

I don't want to plug the camera instead of the mount.
If I have chosen this 0803 and ordered an extra GPS mount, this is to share the camera between my 2 cars by docking and unlocking easily.

Apart from this issue, I must admit that the 0803 is much more better than I was expecting in term of video quality and licence plate reading.
I have compared it to my G1W 120° angle which has VERY GOOD video quality, side by side to the 0803.
The plate reading capabilities are nearly the same between G1W and 0803.
Plates that I can't read with 0803, I can't read better with G1W.
My tests were done by cloudy day with good light.
WDR was enabled on both cams and video set to 1080p.

As a conclusion, I'm not disappointed by the 0803 and it will definitely replace my G1W without any regret. Except this mount issue that I expect a fix by Foxoffer.

Last edited:
I don't want to plug the camera instead of the mount.
If I have chosen this 0803 and ordered an extra GPS mount, this is to share the camera between my 2 cars by docking and unlocking easily.

Apart from this issue, I must admit that the 0803 is much more better than I was expecting in term of video quality and licence plate reading.
I have compared it to my G1W 120° angle which has VERY GOOD video quality, side by side to the 0803.
The plate reading capabilities are nearly the same between G1W and 0803.
Plates that I can't read with 0803, I can't read better with G1W.
My tests were done by cloudy day with good light.
WDR was enabled on both cams and video set to 1080p.

As a conclusion, I'm not disappointed by the 0803 and it will definitely replace my G1W without any regret. Except this mount issue that I expect a fix by Foxoffer.

Is there any chance to see side by side video along with raw / original files from both cameras ?

I'll try to find a place to upload the footage of both cams I've used to test reading plates.

Unfortunately chris-s you you are not alone in finding this an ongoing issue.....:mad:

I have mounted 0801 and 0803 in my car and can confirm that 0803 does not sits so steady as 0801. 0803 is more wobbly than 0801 :(

that will just come down to production tolerances, cheap tooling doesn't last

yeah, "they" might saved few cents on tooling, as "they" always do, ( few cents: if divided cheaper tooling "savings" between thousands of cheaper products manufactured, it will be only few cents saved per each unit ), but unfort. thats the way things work for most Chinese factories. Instead of developing and improving a quite successful 0801, - they actually went one step back with 0803 by being greedy. OK, I understand complexity of A7 which need some FW polishing up and I believe one day it will be sorted, but you never going to sort out wobbling-issue, only if going back to high quality tooling and producing, but I dont think they will do that.

Unfortunately it's not just a few cents, tooling for our product cost us 13 times the tooling cost of the average public model, makes a huge difference to the cost

When people can't understand why some products cost more this is the sort of thing that makes the difference

Same with things like the connector pins in the bracket, we use these also but ours are a lot different to the quality they use in these, all these things add up

Unfortunately it's not just a few cents, tooling for our product cost us 13 times the tooling cost of the average public model, makes a huge difference to the cost

When people can't understand why some products cost more this is the sort of thing that makes the difference

Same with things like the connector pins in the bracket, we use these also but ours are a lot different to the quality they use in these, all these things add up

I meant if devide cost of new tooling by producing lets say 10,50,100K? pcs of 0803 ( incl other brandings they do this model for other markets ), then I belive per each model they saved very little.

the volume justifies the cost, the trouble is they don't know if it's going to be a success so do cheap tooling, if it's successful then as more are done the tolerances end up way out as the tooling ages

the volume justifies the cost, the trouble is they don't know if it's going to be a success so do cheap tooling, if it's successful then as more are done the tolerances end up way out as the tooling ages

I agree about risk taken with completely new product which had no sales hisrory in the past, but based on 0801 huge success its no brainer that 0803 will ( could ) be as succesful as predecessor if not even more succesful. This is simple R&D. Lets take as an example iPhone, Samsung Galaxy S etc development. With every next model they do more and more sales based on previouse models success and dont save on tooling. Keeping quality at least same as previouse model is core for next gen product. Same should be with 0803.
Not sure who's making those decissions there, but its a silly to lowering product quality knowing success of previose model. They didnt save a lot. For end customer its makes no different paying 89$ for wobbly bracket ( saved on tooling ) or 89.50-90$ for high quality one.
Sad their understanding of doing "business" is different to what I ( and many others ) understand.

Tried LDWS today, works fine but the sound is so low that it is like a whisper in city driving.
On the highway, I can't hear it, so this function is useless.

Probably it is possible to change the bip into firmware so set up a higher strident tone ?

Back