Mini 0803 coming

here is my sample video from the 0803 today:
http://www.filedropper.com/testvideo0803

footage cut on default settings from the DATAKAM player.

As you can see, even under solid light conditions, you can't see any license plates on the side and you're lucky to see the ones exactly in front of you. I have to say I expected more in this pricerange.

I was about to buy the 0801 cam, when I came on this forum and found out about the new version. thanks for all the informations you are providing. I can't wait until this tiny cam is out on sale.
do you guys know if foxoffer will be a reseller?
I bought from FoxOffer about 10 days ago. Ordered it on Saturday, received it in 6 days. Don't bother with Spy Tec. They claim "In Stock" but don't ship. FoxOffer only had the models with 8 & 16GB internal at the time. Check their stock to see what they have.

Just a comment on my first day of using a Dash Cam (0803). I feel a bit more secure when driving. I can devote all my attention to being safe and if an accident occurs I don't need to give the details of what happened any attention. I can keep focused on preventing injury. The details of the accident will be in memory, not necessarily in my head. Actually I may not remember the accident at all. HOPE THAT NEVER HAPPENS! A Dash Cam is like a seat belt. If it's not on when you need it you might as well not have it. I have been in two accidents in the last six months. The time has come for a video record.

What is the use of LDWS on the 0803?
How to set the red and yellow lines when calibrating it?

What is the use of LDWS on the 0803?
How to set the red and yellow lines when calibrating it?

Check this @chris-s post:

LDWS testing and GPS .srt from Registrator viewer testing :)

Calibration of LDWS is very simple.
The bottom line should be just up to the front of the hood.
The up line should be lower from horizon.
I've done manual calibration, it seems that there is an auto calibratoin but I didn't understand how it works.

It works fine as you can see but it is useless because the buzzer is just a whisper... I can't hear it on the highway, and too low to wake me up in the city...:rolleyes:
It also warns a bit too late, it waits that the line will be on the center of the hood...

@d0n no offence, but holy ****, how You can focus on driving with this music... ;D

here is my sample video from the 0803 today:
http://www.filedropper.com/testvideo0803

As you can see, even under solid light conditions, you can't see any license plates on the side and you're lucky to see the ones exactly in front of you. I have to say I expected more in this pricerange.

My PC doesn't support 1296 resolution, so I can't open it in RegistrationViewer and use magnifier or something like that, but in VLC, when I watch Your video frame by frame, I can read most of licence plates. OK, maybe not most, only half of that.
Of course, that are quite unreadable, but still, when I focus on it, I can read it.
There still is a lot of work with the firmware, but guys, come on! This is only cheap, chinese dash cam, not a professional, 4k Ultra HD camcorder...

Well my 0803 turned up today, I'm quite happy with it, it's about what I expected.
At the moment I've got it set at the default settings and 5 minute recycle.
All works well no problem with the mount it's nice and snug, I'll be leaving in the car so shouldn't have a problem.
A little dark just needs a little more tuning and number plates a little hard to see, which doesn't bother me to much, it depends on the angle and light bouncing off them.
I'll spend more time on it tomorrow.

This at 1296P

Last edited:
What's happening there with the clock moving around?! Is this with the Youtube editor trying to correct shake as that's just weird!

Holy Crayola Silky! Hurry get back on the PROPER side of the road :D

I've had my 0803 for a few weeks and even though it's only been removed from the holder about a dozen times is become very loose.

So bad that the contacts keep losing connection and it constantly beeps as if power use just come on.

The only way to solve this was to wedge a ****tail stick in to the holder to hold it tight.

Is this a known problem and is there any permanent fix?

Tested 64GB SanDisk Ultra Class 10 UHS-I SDSDQUA-064G-U46.

It works, and gives about 6h30 recording.

Tested 64GB SanDisk Ultra Class 10 UHS-I SDSDQUA-064G-U46.

It works, and gives about 6h30 recording.

Holy carpola Chris I just ordered the EXACT same model number. Does it work in A118? and how did you format it? fat32? What program?

Just went on Foxoffer website 0803 is not listed anymore I wounder why?
I hope it's only because they can't get them :eek:

This is a night test of my mini 0803. 1080p. No youtube filter. License plate can be read if the car is right in front of me. It looks better in my computer than the video I uploaded on youtube.

Well my 0803 turned up today, I'm quite happy with it, it's about what I expected.
At the moment I've got it set at the default settings and 5 minute recycle.
All works well no problem with the mount it's nice and snug, I'll be leaving in the car so shouldn't have a problem.
A little dark just needs a little more tuning and number plates a little hard to see, which doesn't bother me to much, it depends on the angle and light bouncing off them.
I'll spend more time on it tomorrow.

This at 1296P

U shouldn't use the youtube editor cause the whole thing is floating around. It makes me feel dizzy after a few seconds lol.

Back