Mini 0803 coming

SEARCH of the thread is not coming up with how to download and upload firmware. Is there a post detailing it?

Yes there is.
Try search function with keywords "download 0803 firmware"

I am not sure and I am not able to test it but the kernel image from 0803 firmwares is looking a file called firmware.bin

So I'd say just copy the firmware into the root folder of your sd-Card and rename it to firmware.bin. After disconnecting the device from your pc you should get a prompt to update it.

I've installed my Mini 0803 and had the first drive with it yesterday. The video quality using the SuperFine setting (FW 20140510V1 in dull daylight conditions) was nowhere near as bad as I'd expected, given the earlier reports on here. It's not perfect, but the images are that not that far inferior to those I get on my Mobius using the Super video setting (which I was running alongside for comparison purposes), which was a pleasant surprise.:)

The main thing is that registration numbers are readable, even though they are slightly blurred when pausing an image of vehicles coming in the opposite direction (passing velocity ~100-110 mph). There is definitely some room for improvement here though.

I've yet to test it in the low light conditions I'd primarily bought it for.

On the whole the Mini 0803 feels to be quite well put together. My only gripe, at the moment, is the way in which the Mini 0803 fixes/attaches to the GPS mount - this does not appear to be all that stable and it wobbles a little bit when in position.
Has anyone else experienced this with their Mini 0803 mount (or on the Mini 0801)? Is there a simple fix or is it just a design flaw??:confused:

EDIT - Just found this post:-
I only noticed: 0803 micro USB GPS mount is not as sturdy as 0801 mini USB one....
My 0803 is brand new and the camera moves a little bit in the GPS mount when fully inserted into it. Is that what you meant or did you mean that the GPS mount doesn't feel as strong?

Last edited:
What brand of TF card are you using

What brand of TF card are you using
Currently using a Kingston Class 4 32GB microSD card, formatted in the Mini 0803 so it sets up the directories it needs.

I will try a Kingston Class 10 32GB in it at a later date, although the User Manual does state "Class 10 may cause some problem because the speed of card is too fast, it is better not to use a Class 10 card."
Not sure why that would would be, as the A7 chipset should easily cope with a Class 10 card. However, some users have reported their Mini 0803's running hot with a Class 10 card, so it might be an issue.:confused:

Think you'll find the recommendation not to use Class 10 cards is a lazy cut and paste out if the old 0801 manual
Thanks jokiin, I thought that might be the case.

They could really do with printing it using a larger font size to help those of us with 'slight vision impairment' (needing glasses/contact lenses or laser eye surgery)...
or they could start selling it with a free "Mini 0803 User Manual magnifying glass"!!:p

Last edited:
Hello Everybody
Firstly many thanks to all contributors for ensuring this to be the definitive thread for the Mini 0803.
Clearly, as a prospective 0803/0805 buyer, the waters are still somewhat muddy and I am awaiting
a more compelling endorsement from the 'technocrats'. I am in the UK and would appreciate knowledge
of the most suitable vendor(s). UK suppliers have failed to respond to my query regarding their current shipped firmware

Hello Everybody
Firstly many thanks to all contributors for ensuring this to be the definitive thread for the Mini 0803.
Clearly, as a prospective 0803/0805 buyer, the waters are still somewhat muddy and I am awaiting
a more compelling endorsement from the 'technocrats'. I am in the UK and would appreciate knowledge
of the most suitable vendor(s). UK suppliers have failed to respond to my query regarding their current shipped firmware
I recently received mine from FoxOffer with FW 20140510V1 installed, which is the most recent FW release. I would expect JooVuu to ship theirs with the same FW.

FYI - The total price paid for one with a GPS logger - including Customs Tax (£4.18 on the goods labelled as being a "$35 value Web Camera & Gift") and after the Post Office had kindly taken their Royal Mail International Handling Fee (£8.00) came to £80.74. At the time I placed my order JooVuu were asking for £99, but their price has dropped significantly since.

Currently FoxOffer are out of stock of the standard unit with/without GPS logger, they only have the unit with 8GB internal memory + GPS available @£72.06 + £4.18 + £8.00 = £84.24.
Last time I looked JooVuu were selling the standard unit with GPS logger at £86.50. I can't confirm their current price/stock at the moment (the website seems to be temporarily down).

Hope this helps with your deliberations!;)

Last edited:
Lol, so I bought the last from FoxOffer's stock? Mine will be arriving tomorrow (postman only rang once today, and I wasn't home) and here's the current bill :

1 x Mini 0803 Ambarella A7LA50D Car Dash Camera DVR (Mini 0803) (Model without GPS logger)
+ 1 Memory Card Transcend Class 10 32GB
+1 Accessories Extra Non-GPS mount

for a total of 116,88USD, which would translate to roughly GBP69,51. I seem to have been lucky and avoided any customs tax, and shipping only took 8 days (ordered on 20th, arrival on the 28th).

The customs tax for you of course may vary.

Lol, so I bought the last from FoxOffer's stock? Mine will be arriving tomorrow (postman only rang once today, and I wasn't home) and here's the current bill :

1 x Mini 0803 Ambarella A7LA50D Car Dash Camera DVR (Mini 0803) (Model without GPS logger)
+ 1 Memory Card Transcend Class 10 32GB
+1 Accessories Extra Non-GPS mount

for a total of 116,88USD, which would translate to roughly GBP69,51. I seem to have been lucky and avoided any customs tax, and shipping only took 8 days (ordered on 20th, arrival on the 28th).

The customs tax for you of course may vary.
When did you ordered yours,?

I've ordered mine 13/05 and 16/05 it was shipped to Belgium.
Now the tracking shows: 2014-05-23 10:40, Arrival at international office of exchange, BEBRUA

Mine was ordered 15/05, arrived in border point of France 22/05 but still not delivered :(
And my G1WH has arrived in France 20/05 and also not delivered...

It is faster to travel the world, than inside destination country :rolleyes:

When did you ordered yours,?

I've ordered mine 13/05 and 16/05 it was shipped to Belgium.
Now the tracking shows: 2014-05-23 10:40, Arrival at international office of exchange, BEBRUA

Flopflugel,

ordered on May 20th 2014, arrival will happen on May 28th 2014 (tomorrow - I know for certain since I got an attempted delivery note from the mailman). If yours has been stuck at BEBRUA for a while (days), it's probably being held up by customs. Tracking my shipment only showed it at BEBRUA for about 9 hours. Guess I got lucky :)

@Rayman.Chan
I'm looking to replace my early 0803 with the new lens model as you may remember from my files I uploaded the lens did suffer reflection.
Is their a hardware version for the different lens version.
I know the latest firmware is 20140510 but I want to make sure on the latestest recommended hardware if possible.

yes the OVER DISCHARGING PROTECTION (or LOW VOLTAGE PROTECTION) is very important.
Sorry I missed this somehow.
The circuit is only live when the vehicle and cam in use. Ignition live Only.
Is that okay if not how can I supply the protection required ?

This is my first post here so please be nice...

I was wondering how the model with the internal memory works. Does it fill up the internal 8GB memory first and then fill up the memory card and then when that is full goes back to the internal memory (treating the two memories as one large space) or does the user select which memory to use and then only that space is used?

Thanks.

Back